r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Bradford, Jackson Practice For Rams

Bradford, Jackson practice for Rams

BY KATHLEEN NELSON
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The St. Louis Rams reported to practice relatively healthy, including Sam Bradford and Steven Jackson.

Bradford suffered a sprained toe in the Rams' loss to the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday but shrugged off the injury after practice.

"It's fine. It's no big deal. I really have no idea why anything even got said about my toe, to be honest with you," Bradford said.

Coach Steve Spagnuolo reported that Jackson, who suffered a thigh injury on the opening TD run of the season, was limited but did more work today than last week.

"You don't see him out here a lot on Wednesdays," Bradford said. "Anytime he's out here Wednesday practicing, especially the way he looked today -- he looked great, he looked fast, he looked like himself -- that's definitley going to be big for us."

Wide receiver Danny Amendola also started the process of returning to the field, participating in individual and walk-through drills. He was wearing a different brace on the injured elbow he suffered in the season opener.

He said he was day-to-day and would like to play Sunday against the Washington Redskins. "I'm ready to get back out there for this week," he said. "I expect to play, but I expected to play last week, too."

Spagnuolo reported that the other players who were injured after Sunday's game participated in at least part of the practice. They include: tight end Michael Hoomanawanui (back), offensive tackle Rodger Saffold (chin), defensive tackle Darell Scott (thumb), safety Darian Stewart (finger) and defensive end C. J. Ah You (wrist).

Re: Bradford, Jackson Practice For Rams

"It's fine. It's no big deal. I really have no idea why anything even got said about my toe, to be honest with you," Bradford said.
    This is pretty much what I expected to hear from Bradford, who is one tough dude.

Speaking of tough dudes:

Wide receiver Danny Amendola also started the process of returning to the field, participating in individual and walk-through drills. He was wearing a different brace on the injured elbow he suffered in the season opener.

He said he was day-to-day and would like to play Sunday against the Washington Redskins. "I'm ready to get back out there for this week," he said. "I expect to play, but I expected to play last week, too."

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

If Danny and SJAX return I will be ecstatic. These last 2 weeks without Danny make me appreciate him much more. I can't believe how involved he was in the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    If Danny and SJAX return I will be ecstatic. These last 2 weeks without Danny make me appreciate him much more. I can't believe how involved he was in the offense.
    Or how much Bradford depends on him in so many situations.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Or how much Bradford depends on him in so many situations.
    Least he's reliable in the field of catching at a consistent basis.

bigtiger737 is offline Registered User

Sounds good sounds good.. any word on how clayton is coming along? having him and danny boy would probably do wonders for bradford .. as we'll as maybe kendricks ..

Trammer035 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    No joke. I have always loved watching Danny play- I don't think he gets enough credit for always coming up big in crucial situations (as well as working hard 24/7). That guy is clutch.

St.Louis Ram 56 is offline Registered User

Definately Feel good after reading this.... KUDOS.. GO RAMS

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by bigtiger737 View Post
    Sounds good sounds good.. any word on how clayton is coming along? having him and danny boy would probably do wonders for bradford .. as we'll as maybe kendricks ..
    His PUP designation means he won't be eligible to return until mid-October, I believe. Whether he's healthy and ready to at that time is anyone's guess.