C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Bradford Learning the McD Offense, A Conspiracy Theory

So I was thinking this morning about how much it sucks that it looks like Sam and the other players will not be able to talk to the coaches due to the lockout. Heck apparently they can't even receive a playbook, which is B.S. to me.

Anyway, my mind started wandering, and I thought of how I read that injured players will work with trainers other than those employed by the Rams, and I got to thinking, what if Sam met with coaches that were not employed by the Rams or any other NFL teams, but still had an intricate knowledge of the McD offense...

Perhaps the reason why we haven't hired a quarterbacks coach, is because we have one in mind, but he needs to stay unaffiliated with the Rams to coach Sam up. That coach I'm referring to is of course Ben McDaniels, the little brother and former QB coach for Josh McDaniels!
    Last edited by C-Mob 71; -02-28-2011 at 11:51 PM.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: Bradford Learning the McD Offense, A Conspiracy Theory

You're right bro! Maybe he can call up Tom Brady and Matt Cassel too. I heard he has a very good relationship with Cassel any ways. Knowing a guy with the caliber of Sam, I am sure he will make a few phone calls.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Sam will be just fine, I'm saying it now that he has a better year than last year and we have seen only a 1/10th of sams ability I think.

Ramendola16 is offline Registered User

If Sam is the kind of player and person that he showed in his rookie year, he'll do whatever it takes to get this offense learned come heck or high water.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

I agree, Sam has only scratched the surface of his potential, but the kid has to learn a new offense, that is tough for anyone. Any help would be great, and yes, if Tom Brady can put his ego to the side and lend some tips, that would be great.

I think just having a healthy Avery and Clayton will equate to Sam having a better year, but if he wants to have an outstanding year I think we need to have more than the basics installed by Week 1.

Does anyone know if this little loophole could get the Rams in trouble? I suppose if they could prove Josh told Ben to help us out, then yeah, we could be in a little trouble.