r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Bradford Looking For Improvement

Bradford looking for improvement

BY JIM THOMAS
    Saturday, August 21, 2010

Tonight in Cleveland, Sam Bradford's self-improvement checklist includes: 1.) Adjusting to the speed of the game; 2.) Smoothing out the center exchange; and 3.) Avoiding sacks.

A.J. Feeley once again will start at quarterback, but coach Steve Spagnuolo said Bradford will play at least as much as he did against Minnesota.

"It'll be very similar to last week," Spagnuolo said. "I'd like to get (Bradford) a few more plays, but you'll probably see pretty much the same as you did in the last game."

Bradford says there's only one way to adjust to the speed of the NFL game ó playing in NFL games.

"It's not like you can go have a walk-through and say, 'All right, everyone run really fast and simulate the speed of a game,' " Bradford said Thursday. "It only happens when you play in a game."

Beyond that, Bradford doesn't want to repeat mistakes he thought he made against Minnesota.

"If I can find a way to get the ball out and maybe not take as many sacks, whether that's just getting a completion to a back or just throwing it away somehow, that would be a positive," he said.

During the practice week, Bradford worked on the center exchange. One such bad exchange against the Vikings contributed to a botched fourth-down running play in the second quarter.

"I still had a couple bobbles this week, just with different things," Bradford said. "But I really think I got better. Saturday, we'll see what it's like in a game situation, but I expect to go out there, execute everything cleanly, and feel great with everything."

Brown to kick

Friday came and went without the Rams signing a kicker. That means Josh Brown, who missed the Minnesota game because of a hip injury, will make his preseason debut against Cleveland. Just to be safe, team sources said the Rams may not attempt any long field goals with Brown, and that Brown might alter his approach on kickoffs.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Bradford Looking For Improvement

You'd think the entire O-Line would come out and say what Bradford's saying...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams