LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Bradford might start vs. Patsys

With Feeley injured, Bradford may start for Rams

By R.B. FALLSTROM, AP Sports Writer 1 hour, 41 minutes ago

ST. LOUIS (AP)—Sam Bradford(notes) could take over as the St. Louis Rams’ starting quarterback in the next preseason game, although the promotion would be by default.

A.J. Feeley(notes) injured his thumb and elbow in the first quarter when he hit a defensive player’s helmet on the followthrough of a throw in a 19-17 victory at Cleveland on Saturday night, and was scheduled to undergo an MRI exam. The Rams have a short week, playing again Thursday night at New England.

“Obviously, this goes without saying, if Feeley can’t work during the week, Sam would be the guy,” coach Steve Spagnuolo said Sunday. “We’ll have to see where A.J. is. It’s hard to tell.”

Spagnuolo said Feeley had a “tingling sensation” up his arm after the throw. X-rays on the elbow were negative.

Bradford, the No. 1 pick in the draft, was the backup the first two preaseason games for a team that went 1-15 last season. He didn’t have a scintillating game against the Browns, going 6 for 14 for only 24 yards in a game played in driving rain.

“I think I’ve played one game like this, maybe,” Bradford said “You have to realize that you probably can’t make all the throws that you usually can, especially for someone who throws down the field.”

Spagnuolo judged Bradford’s play as “a little bit up and down,” while noting a few dropped passes didn’t help his statistics. He also faulted the rookie for being too careful with the center snap at times, just as in the preseason opener.

At Oklahoma, Bradford took the vast majority of his snaps from the shotgun formation.

“We really preach to the quarterbacks, especially Sam, to make sure you get the snap,” Spagnuolo said. “Sometimes when you do that you’re overly conscious about getting the ball.

“Sam will be fine, he’ll bounce back.”

Bradford said he was being careful because the ball was wet.

“Considering the circumstances, it was a positive that we didn’t have any balls on the ground,” Bradford added.

Feeley was 5 for 6 for 45 yards and threw a touchdown after he was hurt.

“I tried to battle through it and luckily enough, we got in the end zone pretty quick,” he said. “I figured if I could get a little more time, the pain would go away.”

The Rams (1-1) allowed no sacks, a week after surrendering six in a 28-7 loss to the Vikings. The offensive line was intact after guard Jacob Bell(notes) returned from an injury and had a lot more success particularly in zone blocking schemes.

“Pass protection was great,” Bradford said. “I think I only got hit one time and they actually brought a blitz we couldn’t pick up at that time.”

Spagnuolo wasn’t happy that the offense produced only six points out of five turnovers, and said the Rams needed red zone work on both sides of the ball.

He wasn’t happy with the tackling, either.

“It’s not all pretty, but we’ll take the win,” Spagnuolo said. “I think the guys should feel good about that.”

LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Bradford might start vs. Patsys

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    A.J. Feeley(notes) injured his thumb and elbow in the first quarter when he hit a defensive player’s helmet on the followthrough of a throw in a 19-17 victory at Cleveland on Saturday night, and was scheduled to undergo an MRI exam. The Rams have a short week, playing again Thursday night at New England.
    Do we know which Cleveland player killed Feeley's funny bone? I want to send them a gift basket.

Keenum is offline Registered User

I read where Feeley said he is planning on playing and should be good to go Thursday... but it's totally gonna depend on how that hand feels. I know it is a lot more sore now than it was yesterday, so he may have changed his mind.

JPPT1974 is offline Registered User

Think Bradford will be the starting QB come week 1. It should be to nobody's surprise! He is so talented.
    The List is Life!

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

I don't see how this is really news, considering it should be a given that Bradford start the 3rd game, that is, if this team wants to see if he is truly ready or not ...

BM_Face is offline Registered User

The hit on Feely was an obvious uncalled penalty. These Refs are unbelievable.

How badly is Feely hurt, because he threw some decent passes after the hit. My guess is that Bradford would have been a minimum of 50/50 to start this game anyway.
    A defeated look of consternation, dissappointment, or even pain. The name derives from the look one often gets when challenged by a large BM.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Do we know which Cleveland player killed Feeley's funny bone? I want to send them a gift basket.
    I believe it was linebacker Chris Gocong

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

This may sound crazy, but this may be a blessing in disguise. We have to play the Patriots on Thursday. No like them or hate them, you have to admit that they have a very good defense and some interesting plays. Sam is going to be seeing some serious time against the first and second stringers. If he can succeed against them, then I think we may be at the beginning of something good.

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Defense View Post
    This may sound crazy, but this may be a blessing in disguise. We have to play the Patriots on Thursday. No like them or hate them, you have to admit that they have a very good defense and some interesting plays. Sam is going to be seeing some serious time against the first and second stringers. If he can succeed against them, then I think we may be at the beginning of something good.
    Actually the biggest test for our will team be on the defensive side of the ball. The Patriots have an outstanding offense with several weapons both running, receiving and of course Tommy Boy chucking it around. The Pats defense is okay but it isn't that stellar defense we're used to seeing or reading about.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

He better start this Thursday, with all the starters in at the same time. No more BS play calling, give him the full workload.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!