Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Bradford really had "it" today

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Bradford really had "it" today

Most of you know that I'm not a huge fan of the "it" factor when it comes to rating players. Its not that I don't believe in intangible qualities, its just that its too difficult (if not impossible) to truly define the term. As a result, it is often the haven for those who lack objective data to support their opinions.

For example, most of the time when we've heard the term this year, its been used by fans who have criticized Sam Bradford mercilessly (despite many statistics that show his progress as a QB.)

We've heard people ask "how many fourth quarter comebacks has he lead" or "how many game winning TD passes has he thrown"?

Well, today, Sam was having a bad day (along with many of his offensive teammates) on the road in crappy weather.

But with the game on the line, he stood in the pocket and lead the Rams to a game winning drive, capped with a TD pass.

So, even though I still don't really know what "it" is... I can safely say this:

Sam Bradford had "it" today!!!
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -12-09-2012 at 05:23 PM.
    RamDez, MoonJoe, Rambos and 5 others like this.

Trevor is offline Registered User

Re: Bradford really had "it" today

One thing for sure, Bradford has the talent and the skills, just needs the contribution from his teammates to succeed even more.
    ramsanddodgers likes this.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Sam frustrates me to no end, but he has been playing great in the 4th quarter and being clutch lately. Just wish he had "it" for most of the game.

But you are right Av, he had "it" for sure at the end today.
    live4ramin and ramsanddodgers like this.

GroundChuck is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Most of you know that I'm not a huge fan of the "it" factor when it comes to rating players. Its not that I don't believe in intangible qualities, its just that its too difficult (if not impossible) to truly define the term.

That said, some have criticized Sam Bradford mercilessly this year, despite many statistics that show his progress as a QB.

We've heard people ask "how many fourth quarter comebacks has he lead" or "how many game winning TD passes has he thrown"?

Well, today, Sam was having a bad day (along with many of his offensive teammates) on the road in crappy weather.

But with the game on the line, he stood in the pocket and lead the Rams to a game winning drive, capped with a TD pass.

So, even though I still don't really know what "it" is... I can safely say this:

Sam Bradford had "it" today!!!
    What do you think Bernie will say after this game AV?

citr92 is offline Registered User

that's 4 comeback victories this season, bradford and the rams just do it, tebow rode the broncos stepping up, bradford can throw, and run, tebow can run sorta, can't throw

i find it interesting that the rams usually score on the first drive of the game, first drive of the second half, and the final drive of the game

kills me, but it's gotten it done enough

rNemesis is offline Registered User

He sure did AV! I don't know what 'it' is either but the win truly silenced a lot of SB critics. The best way I can describe 'it' is a "calm, cool and collected swag, particularly in clutch situations.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by GroundChuck View Post
    What do you think Bernie will say after this game AV?
    "Sam Bradford Took A Big Step Backwards, Then A Big Step Forward, So I Guess... Um... He's Right Where He Started?"

(A bit wordy for a headline)

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

You know I wasn't to happy with Sam today at all but I will say this... when the game is on the line he is $money$.

richtree is offline Registered User

Bradford missed some easy throws, but stood in there are the WRs made some nice catches for him.

It really helps you to stand in pocket if you think the WRs will make plays.

All this confirms that we need at least 3 new Offensive Lineman.....Just image what Bradford could do with a year where he actually is protected....

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    Sam frustrates me to no end, but he has been playing great in the 4th quarter and being clutch lately. Just wish he had "it" for most of the game.

But you are right Av, he had "it" for sure at the end today.
    Yep, it sure would be great to have "it" kick in from the start more often, but "it" is defined by results when it absolutely, positively, has to happen. Sam's beginning to master that.

Another part of the "it" factor is mental toughness. Sam had some problems in that last drive with near interceptions, but he shook them off and took care of business in the most high pressure situation possible.
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

AtlantaRamFan is online now Registered User

Bradford sure does look like a different QB when the game is on the line. It's better than looking good the whole game, then sputtering when it's on the line.

With that said, Bradford needs to send a gift basket to that Buffalo defensive player who dropped not one, but two game-ending interceptions. Then he should take Pettis out to dinner for that very difficult catch on 4th down that Bradford threw behind him.

If any of those plays go differently, we're having a whole different conversation in this thread. Rams won today because of Bradford's "it" and bit of luck as well.

(NOT a criticism of Bradford at all, I thought he did a fantastic job when the game was on the line. Just saying he had a little help too.)
    Nick, live4ramin, bradwill and 1 others like this.

TheBritishRam is online now Registered User

He's still no RG3 - he lead a comeback from the trainer's table.
    C-Mob 71, jmk321, gap and 1 others like this.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Missed the ending, was Saffold out for the rest of the finish?

Bradford had luck on his side but in the end, he took every opportunity to win the game.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaRamFan View Post
    Bradford sure does look like a different QB when the game is on the line. It's better than looking good the whole game, then sputtering when it's on the line.

With that said, Bradford needs to send a gift basket to that Buffalo defensive player who dropped not one, but two game-ending interceptions. Then he should take Pettis out to dinner for that very difficult catch on 4th down that Bradford threw behind him.

If any of those plays go differently, we're having a whole different conversation in this thread. Rams won today because of Bradford's "it" and bit of luck as well.

(NOT a criticism of Bradford at all, I thought he did a fantastic job when the game was on the line. Just saying he had a little help too.)
    Same can be said for Fritz... JL dropped an easy INT right off the Bat, Then the fumble where our DT tries to scoop it and run instead of falling in it. Football a game of inches... and missed opportunities.

I will take the ugly win.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    Missed the ending, was Saffold out for the rest of the finish?

Bradford had luck on his side but in the end, he took every opportunity to win the game.
    He came back in.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast