Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Bradford really had "it" today

emuen is offline Registered User

Re: Bradford really had "it" today

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    Bradford might have thrown two near-ints on the last drive, but the key word is "near". They weren't picks. They were incomplete passes.
    So the quality of the throw and, the decision making, is based on the catching ability of the opposing CB?

As for Gibson and Pettis stepping up to help Bradford out... ABOUT TIME
    Your absolutely right. They didn't before the last drive.

I see Bradford getting criticised for some inaccurate throws, and the WRs getting credit for helping him out, but at the same time that long ball to Chris Givens in triple coverage hit Givens in the hands. That should be a catch in the NFL. Bradford often hits his guys in the hands only to see the ball clang to the ground.
    WRs are getting credit for helping him out on the last drive. They stepped up and played good football. It's not like anyone started a "Pettis is a elite slot receiver"-thread.

Good to see that Bradford has learned to hit on the deep ball consistently. I wasn't too optimistic about that last year.

Some people seem to be ignoring the big completions that were well thrown, especially the TD and the 2 pointer
    I liked the sideline throw to Gibson the best. It was a good play, as someone stated above. The 2 pointer? That was mostly Schottenheimer.

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Last time I looked, it's a team sport. And who's to say Pettis was in the right place - maybe he was supposed to go a yard deeper before his cut.

Really unbelievable. On a (dome) team that went 2-14 last year, the QB, with under 2 minutes left, in his 3rd system in as many years, on the road, in cold, snowy, windy conditions, engineers an 84 yard game winning drive, throws a perfect TD pass, and people a criticizing him?

Really? Really?
    HUbison, Rambos, Varg6 and 1 others like this.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by emuen View Post
    So the quality of the throw and, the decision making, is based on the catching ability of the opposing CB?
    In a way yes. If the CB catches it, game over, Rams lose, it's talked about for weeks. He drops it, Rams win, this disappears a few days after the game and people only look at that extra notch in the win column

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRam View Post
    Really unbelievable. On a (dome) team that went 2-14 last year, the QB, with under 2 minutes left, in his 3rd system in as many years, on the road, in cold, snowy, windy conditions, engineers an 84 yard game winning drive, throws a perfect TD pass, and people a criticizing him?

Really? Really?
    Well, let's be clear on what the debate is here. The statement was made that Bradford had the "It Factor" on Sunday, which is to say that his performance on that last drive exemplified some special intangible ability to make plays in critical situations, and some people have questioned that. It's not like a bunch of anti-Bradford threads popped up after the game. I can't speak for others, but all I am saying is that although there were some very good throws on that drive, there were also at least three that were very nearly drive killers.

With the season on the line, Bradford did enough to win, and he also gave the Bills several opportunities to close out the game. To my thinking, that's more or less a wash. What I saw was a drive that could have just as easily ended our season as kept it alive. We got really lucky that it didn't.
    Last edited by Goldenfleece; -12-12-2012 at 08:13 AM.
    Nick_Weasel likes this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    Well, let's be clear on what the debate is here. The statement was made that Bradford had the "It Factor" on Sunday, which is to say that his performance on that last drive exemplified some special intangible ability to make plays in critical situations, and some people have questioned that. It's not like a bunch of anti-Bradford threads popped up after the game. I can't speak for others, but all I am saying is that although there were some very good throws on that drive, there were also at least three that were very nearly drive killers.

With the season on the line, Bradford did enough to win, and he also gave the Bills several opportunities to close out the game. To my thinking, that's more or less a wash. What I saw was a drive that could have just as easily ended our season as kept it alive. We got really lucky that it didn't.
    Keep in mind that this was the last drive of the game. So yeah he did through some balls that where in tight spaces. He had no choice but to take a chance and force it in small windows. It's not like the receivers where all of a sudden getting great separation on that drive.

Tony Softli who does the sideline reporting said the throw Sam made to Kendricks was his best pass of his career.

On that drive they all came alive, they all stepped up and made plays. And yeah we got lucky as well but that should not overshadow what they all did IMO.

When you think about "The Drive" you don't think about when the snap hit the receiver in motion and could have killed the drive. You think that was a defining moment of Elway and one of the greatest drives in NFL history.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post

I can't agree that it's a wash. The Bills weren't "unlucky" to stop the Rams the rest of the drive. We marched all the way down the field and scored with the game on the line, plain and simple. That shouldn't be taken away from Bradford and the offense because of a few errant throws. The "wash" implies that it doesn't truly matter because it wasn't perfect.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Keep in mind that this was the last drive of the game. So yeah he did through some balls that where in tight spaces. He had no choice but to take a chance and force it in small windows. It's not like the receivers where all of a sudden getting great separation on that drive.
    That's a great point. It's not as if he was ignoring wide open receivers to make these throws. The game was on the line and something had to be done. He had to make something happen and get the offense going. He generally doesn't make a lot of those throws during the rest of the game.
    Rambos likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234