throwback week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Bradford says ankle still not 100 percent

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Bradford says ankle still not 100 percent

Bradford said "it's something we're managing right now", which is an ambiguous statement. Right now, or for the rest of his career? If it's something that will never be 100%, fine, play him, but if the trainers expect it to heal completely at some point, I'm not sure I understand the "plan". It obviously still affects him somewhat because he's frustrated and emphesized that "it's still there". Maybe someone will get him to clarify the situation, but it worries me none the less. Hopefully, my concerns are baseless.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I think Av is spot on. From what is be reported Sam is moving great in practice and looks smooth. Kind of surprised Sam has just not said, it's fine next question.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Obviously it remains to be seen how much - if at all - the ankle affects Sam during the season. But it's clear from his comments...

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Bradford
    "Yeah, it is a little bit frustrating that it's somewhat there still. I thought that with rest in the offseason, it would've been gone by now. But it's not."
    ...that this was a situation in which he expected to make a full recovery, not a "mostly fine but I can tell it's not quite right" recovery. Otherwise, there would be no sense of frustration at its current status. Sam seems to share the viewpoint of many fans in that we all expected this to be in the rear-view mirror by now.

As I see it, any time an injury doesn't heal as expected - which Sam's quotes essentially confirm is the case here - it's cause for at least some concern. Hopefully that concern can be completely alleviated by Sam playing at a high level without limitations from the injury over the course of the season.
    RealRam and r8rh8rmike like this.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    uhhh hey guys let's keep playing our obviously seriously injured quarterback in hopeless games. That won't back fire.

wait...
    I'm so happy we had spags. I'd like to personally take this moment to give thanks to the previous regime.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

The thing that bothers me the most about this is the fact that Sam felt the need to publicly inform everyone that he's still got a bum ankle. You don't think opposing defensive players won't key on his feet in the near future? Heck, I would. Everytime I got him wrapped up I'd try to roll his ankles. Not too smart of Sam to talk about this IMHO.

Yes, I've had high ankle sprains, a torn ACL and many torn ligaments in the hands and fingers. They can take forever to heal.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

It may not be at 100%, but lets hope its about 90%.

Rambos is offline Registered User

But Rams coach Jeff Fisher say he isn’t concerned about the health _ or lack thereof _ of Bradford’s ankle.

“There’s going to be residual effects from high-ankle sprains, especially when you come back into practice like he is,” Fisher said. “But we don’t anticipate it to be a problem, and it hasn’t been one. He’s moving around fine.”

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    But Rams coach Jeff Fisher say he isn’t concerned about the health _ or lack thereof _ of Bradford’s ankle.

“There’s going to be residual effects from high-ankle sprains, especially when you come back into practice like he is,” Fisher said. “But we don’t anticipate it to be a problem, and it hasn’t been one. He’s moving around fine.”
    Yet Bradford says he's frustrated by it not healing completely, and that "it's somewhat still there". Maybe it's not affecting him right now, but it's obviously still something he sees as an issue. The best he could say about the ankle was that the trainers were going to manage it. Perhaps that will work, but he hasn't tested it in the most extreme situations, like when he has to run for his life. I'd feel better if Bradford himself said what Fisher did, but at this point, I'll just hope for the best.
    Nick likes this.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

This news is concerning to say the least. No doubt made worse by Bradford's stubborn decision to play through the pain last season. Sam needs to be on his toes this season, as opposing pass rushers will be coming hard after him knowing his mobility in the pocket could still be affected. The new philosophy of coach Fisher, and his preference for a rush first offense. Well, if you ask me, it couldn't have come at a better time.
    GO RAMS
    Last edited by GROUND DOG 39; -08-08-2012 at 02:20 PM.

rNemesis is offline Registered User

Maybe Fisher is doing the smart thing and covering up the fact that Bradford said those comments. By doing that, he sees it as an opportunity to kind of "push it under the rug" and forget about it. Hopefully, he's not just covering it up but rather, it's really not bothering Bradford.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12