throwback week

View Poll Results: Would you want T.O. with the Rams next season?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

38 36.19%
  • No

67 63.81%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Bradford to T.O.? Owens 'would love it'

Bradford to T.O.? Owens 'would love it'
    ROGER HENSLEY | Posted: Friday, January 7, 2011 11:55 am

It started simply this afternoon with a question to soon-to-be free agent wide receiver Terrell Owens via Twitter: “How’d you like to be catching passes from Sam Bradford next season?”

Within minutes the response from Owens came back: “Would love it.”

So what’s the holdup? The Rams desperately need some play-making wide receivers. Owens is available.

However, Owens also was available late into free agency last season and the Rams decided to take a pass. He ended up signing a one-year deal with a $2 million base salary at the start of training camp with the Cincinnati Bengals – one of the few teams interested.

Owens responded with nine touchdowns and 983 yards on 72 catches in 14 games, before tearing his meniscus late in the season. (Think the Rams could use that kind of production?) It is unlikely Owens will return to the Bengals when he hits free agency in March as head coach Marvin Lewis recently signed a two-year contract extension and the team is reportedly looking to put more emphasis on the running game.

So, once again, the question will be which teams will show interest in Owens and be willing to give him a chance. Owens has a history of attitude problems and run-ins with his former teams – one reason he likely wasn’t considered by the Rams last year. (The Rams also took a pass on controversial receiver Randy Moss when he was put on waivers by Minnesota this past season.)

Will he end up a Ram? Who knows? Probably unlikely. But the former Pro Bowler is expected to be healthy by the start of the 2011 season (which would be his 16th year in the league) and he has said he hopes to play for two or three more years.

He’s obviously putting in the rehab work, as evidenced by his earlier Twitters postings Friday.

“Doin’ 4 sets of leg press, 2 sets of 10 w/2 legs & 2 sets w/1 leg,” said one Owens’ post. “1 leg stabilizers on foam pad doing cone touches,” said the next.

Bradford to Owens? Some may like the idea, others may not. But Owens? He “would love it.”

Stay tuned.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Bradford to T.O.? Owens 'would love it'

He'll be 38 by the time next season starts. If he's willing to play for a contract worth a bag of peanuts, I wouldn't mind I guess. But just remember, he got put on the IR on week 15 so it's questionable about his value as a receiver.

richtree is offline Registered User

T. Owens tweets today, that he "would love" to play for the Rams in 2011.

We missed on TO last year by one day. Next year do we take a chance on this guy?

I am not so sure......

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I merged my original repost of the article and richtree's poll together for one thread.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

We payed for passing on him last year...he was statistically one of the best WR's in the league last year. I guess I'd like it. Bradford to T.O TOUCHDOWN!!! I could get used to it

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I merged my original repost of the article and richtree's poll together for one thread.

Awesome ! thanks!

bigtiger737 Guest

carson palmer also statisclly had a much better time when he was gone.. I think TO may be on his last leg.. and honeslty the las tyear was good but to me it's not worth the risk that comes with bringing TO to a team..

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigtiger737 View Post
    carson palmer also statisclly had a much better time when he was gone.. I think TO may be on his last leg.. and honeslty the las tyear was good but to me it's not worth the risk that comes with bringing TO to a team..
    People are still worried about his past? My god, I guess the Eagles shouldn't have taken a chance with Vick. What does T.O have to do to get people to realize he has changed? I definently don't think he has but at least he tries and he hasn't said a thing since Dallas. The only downside is his age. But its not like we expect him to come here and play for 5 seasons. My downside here is that even if we get T.O I still definently think we need a #1 through the draft.

shower beers is offline Registered User

So what's the hold up? You mean, besides the off-season not starting yet?

RebelYell is offline Registered User

I think there are better options but I wouldn't be opposed to Owens under a one year contract agreement if the Rams added a WR in the draft and thought Gilyard still could progress into a viable starter. Owens wouldn't be at the top of the list but he's still a viable option and the baggage he brings isn't nearly as bad as everyone wants to believe. In Dallas he was under the microscope, hasn't done anything while in Buffalo or Cincy.

Sammy Ocho Bradford is offline Registered User

If we passed on Moss for character issues, then there is no way in hell T.O has a chance of becoming a ram.

We don't need a 38 year old receiver for a one and done season with the risk of damaging the locker room and Bradford's development.

RamFan876 is offline Registered User

I get the feeling that he is detrimental to a quarterback’s overall performance. He constantly cries for coordinators/quarterbacks to get him the ball. I would hate for Bradford to develop a habit of constantly looking his way and feeling pressure. There is a reason that his last two teams have passed on bringing him back. He’s talented but it doesn’t seem to be worth the headache.

clarasDK is offline Registered User

Yea lets pick up Owens. Then we only need to go for Moss and Burress. And who knows maybe we can even get Chad Johnson (I will not call him by the other name).

Then we only need to trade for Albert Haynesworth and we should probably pick up Jamarcus Russell as a backup QB (he has such a good arm).

Only thing we have to do then is lean back and count the super bowl rings......

Ohh stop wait, this is not Madden 2008...

I think there is not chance that we will go for TO. He is both old and I do not think he has changed he is still a primadonna who demands the ball all the time. As somebody else mentioned just look how much better Palmer became after TO got injured and could spread the ball around more instead of having to target his to primadonna's all the time.

ramfan56 is offline Registered User

His health is not the issue. And I really doubt his age is too. He plays at a high level. So does his mouth.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Should the Rams sign T.O.?

Nnnnnnnnooooooooooo........

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast