Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Bradford vs. Suh

Agreed. No doubt Suh is making a name for himself and developing fast; he is on his way to being Stud Suh.

I too was in favor of this DT weeks before the draft. Then I began to lean towards Bradford. I went back to favoring NS, ended up atop the fence days before D-day and now, I'm just so glad the Rams selected SB!

Bradford is clearly proving to be the biggest impact player of the two and, barring injury to either, will continue as such.

Last edited by RealRam; -11-02-2010 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Helmet

jmk321 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    Suh gets sacks. That's where he excels. McCoy is a fun stuffer. You'll never get the recognition you deserve as a premier run stuffer because it doesn't make the highlight reals.

I was in favor of Bradford from the very beginning but Suh has far outperformed what I feared he would become. So often, speed rushers in college from the DT position become worthless in college because their speed becomes something NFL quality guards can counter. SUH is FAR more dominant than I ever expected.
    I'm pretty sure you meant run there. Just a typo. But it's funny that you should say that because right now the Bucs have the 3rd worst run defense in the NFL and give up the most yards per carry. Suh is just far superior than McCoy. It's really not even close.

I'm not sure where this Suh hate from some people in this thread is coming from. Suh is a dominant and mean D Tackle and it appears that both the Rams and the Lions made the right pick. If people aren't liking him for dancing into the endzone then you probably don't like the majority of NFL players because tons of guys do that when they get an easy score. Especially when they are on defense because those chances are rare. It's just weird to pick out one guy to not like because of that.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

No hate for Suh, we've just proven we can be a top tier defense without this guy ....

jmk321 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    No hate for Suh, we've just proven we can be a top tier defense without this guy ....
    I understood what you were saying. Clearly that is true. Other people were just acting like even if the Rams could get him now that they wouldn't want him.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jmk321 View Post
    I understood what you were saying. Clearly that is true. Other people were just acting like even if the Rams could get him now that they wouldn't want him.
    Good gosh, if we did have Suh for passing downs, I would venture to believe Long would have 10-12 sacks already. How many has he just barely missed this year with the QB stepping up in the pocket?

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Bradford has done more for our defense than what Suh ever would have done. How? He hasn't left them on the field all day like what happened last year...and the year before....and the year before....

Sure, we had some times this season that they were left on the field. However, we are quite devoid of WR talent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BEER is offline Registered User

Wish we could have got both.

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by jmk321 View Post
    Wow,,,don't get me wrong Suh is a D player. But is you compare the two Bradford is a better fit in this team than Suh. I would add Suh to this team, I just would not have him over Bradford at this point.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Suh is someone who you hate when he is against you, but love when he is on your team. I merely "hate" him because he seems like a cocky jerk. Of course if he was a Ram, I would say he is confident and doesn't take crap from anyone. Perception does wonders.

svh01 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    Question you have to ask: how many games would the Rams have won this year if they had taken Suh over Bradford.

I can pretty much guarantee it's less than the 4 we have won already.
    Hard to say that. If we took off an addition 3 or 4 yrds on our rush ave and gave up 3 less pts, we still could have won 4 games. Plus don't forget, by adding more pressure on the QB he could have caused more turnovers and better field position for the offense. Our D is more talented than the Lions, Suh could have made us an elite D.

Sammy Ocho Bradford is offline Registered User

Suh almost made himself look like a complete ass on that fumble recovery TD.

Lucky for him Santana didn't connect on that swipe.

Its a QB driven league, and we may have struck the jackpot, there are only two "immortal" QB's in the league right now, lets hope we landed the next.

No thanks on Suh.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

I am with C-mob on this one. I hate his attitude on the touchdown. He very well could of pulled a leon lett. I am so glad we chose Sammy B. A Arizona fan friend of mine said he would offer a first rounder for sam. I respectfully declined lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12