Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    theodus69 is offline Registered User

Re: Bradford Would Be A Player, Not A Savior

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Blues are six points back of Colorado for the 8th playoff spot, Mizzou bowed out early in the tourney, Illinois didn't make the tourney, Cardinal baseball is a week away. It's a slow time for sportswriters so they have to fill it up with something.
    Bagels and cream cheese.........lots of cream cheese.

I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    Devin Hester was the best at his original position and arguably the best ever in that stretch. He played Kick Returner. People compare Bradford and his attributes to Peyton and Aikman. Honestly tell me you would pass either for Devin Hester because he was the best at his POSITION. Who gives a rats arse if someone COULD (extremely big COULD because once again you seem to be assuming Suh will come in and destroy NFL lineman like he did college ones, and only did it some of the times at that) come in and be the best at a position if that position is less valued and less of a need than our other option, Bradford who (even though it means little to me) has been compared to Manning and Aikman. Ill take either over Reggie White all day and twice on Sunday. A great defensive tackle increases your chances to win. A great QB always gives you a chance to win.
    Has Bradford been compared to Manning and Aikman by any scout whose tail would actually be on the line based on their evaluations? Gil Brandt hasn't been in that position in two decades.

Again. It is (far) more likely that Suh will be a great defensive tackle than Bradford will be a great QB.

Well maybe the film from Nebraska's bowl game may shed some light on how great Suh is gonna be..........................or not.

Nebraska won 49- to whatever so I suppose SUH did his job all day. This guy is a monster.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Again. It is (far) more likely that Suh will be a great defensive tackle than Bradford will be a great QB.
    Since you require verification by a paid scout, how do you quantify this? What's the likelihood that Suh will be a hall of famer and what is the likelihood that Bradford will be?

Since you require Bradford to be on par with hall of famers (Peyton is all but in at this point and Aikman is in already), which of the 11 full-time hall of fame DTs is Suh being compared to by professional scouts?

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Who guys are compared to is really irrelevant and kind of beside the point. No future is set in stone. Im just trying to argue against the guys who try to say "Well Suh was compared to Player X, Bradford wasn't, so Suh must be better" which if one clearly takes a second to think about it, is silly. Both have been compared to Hall of Famers and other guys who have bust out of the league have been compared to Famers as well im sure. All you can do is look at the package and its attributes and make your pick based on that and hope the potential you just saw doesn't become irrelevant due to your guy tripping on a puddle of hot sauce and ending his football career...

The filler is cream cheese, but if the safety hazzard is hot sauce..........well....................we need a better safety coordinator!! Yeah?

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Heres my Take on the subject. I personally dont think either will bust, they will both be great players imo. I think Suh will have the better career, if you count that by pro bowls, statistics, superbowls idk. But I think Bradford will set us further along the path of having a better team.

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

He wasn't playing behind the Rams offensive line in a NFL football game when he through all those pretty passes.

21Forever21 is offline Registered User

A lot of my fellow Skins fans don't agree with me, but me personally, I would love to see a ticker at the bottom of the screen while the Rams are picking, indicating a trade between the Rams and Skins

10m39s80i81t is offline Registered User

Bradford has already had a shoulder injury that required surgery. I have lost confidence in the management of this team and I believe we bring this kid on, he will suffer the same fate as Bulger (only it won't take as long).
    "Sorry Marc Bulger and Sam Bradford, we understand you could've had promising careers, but we just figured the QB was the only player we should spend money on. You don't need an O-line, just learn to get the hell out of the way." -management team St. Louis Rams.

Springfield Rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mikhal5569 View Post
    He wasn't playing behind the Rams offensive line in a NFL football game when he through all those pretty passes.

True, drafting Bradford with a poor o-line in place is a recipe for disaster, build up the trenches first (where championships are won) then get a franchise signal caller.

LA2STL is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Has Bradford been compared to Manning and Aikman by any scout whose tail would actually be on the line based on their evaluations? Gil Brandt hasn't been in that position in two decades.

Thank you, that's all I was trying to say.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12