View Poll Results: Is this Bradford's last excusable game?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 46.15%
  • No

14 53.85%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Is this Bradford's last game with excuses??

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Re: Is this Bradford's last game with excuses??

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHORNS View Post
    Really you observe this OFTEN. I had to stop there cause that one word indicates that Bradford is a turnover machine who runs a dysfunctional unit. IMHO that could not be further from the truth.
    I disagree with your assessment of my sentence. It says "yet often times I also see him over/under throw, fumble the ball in critical field positions and not clearly communicate..." which is a three part assessment. Turnover's do not happen 100% of the time during any one of those three situations, in fact I'm sure that the numbers for turnovers are quite small when all added up. And I never said turnovers, so I am confused as to your conclusion of my assessment?

"The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe View Post
    Dictionary.com
    pe·jo·ra·tive-
    adjective
    So for me, I simply watch and see where this young athlete can take us with his potential with no hate or demand for justice if he doesn't "step-up", but rather simple observations of his play with all factors included. At this point I see a man that has faced huge challenges under stress, yet often times I also see him over/under throw, fumble the ball in critical field positions and not clearly communicate what the play actually should be. So for me, in his upcoming fourth year, if he does get a reasonable amount of protection and top ten receivers to throw to, he needs to perform. If not, trade or cut and with the obvious plan of always being on the lookout for the next great QB.

(is it just me or have the Rams always been this way with QB's and O' Lineman...?)
    Maybe I am confused but last I checked often means it happens alot and fumbles can be turnovers when your opponent gets the ball.
    Last edited by CRAZYHORNS; -12-30-2012 at 02:52 PM.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post

4. Excuse: We lost Wells in the first game and he did not play again until week 12. We lost Rodger Saffold early and he did not return until week 10. We lost Rok after he started one game and he was gone for the year. Not sure how "the claim" doesn't hold water.
    I believe that ANY team in football can point to injuries as a reason why production is less than ideal. I could go down the list and discuss opponents we've played who were missing critical pieces of their team, yet still beat us (A bad and decimated Jets team comes to mind). I simply don't feel our line this year has been so bad it has hindered Bradford. The perception exists by some that when Bradford does well, he's to be given the lion's share of the credit and when Bradford falters, it's the fault of others. Both unfair and untrue. And remember- I'm a Bradford believer. I just get tired of some people's refusal to call a spade a spade when he plays poorly
    PARamfan likes this.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    I believe that ANY team in football can point to injuries as a reason why production is less than ideal. I could go down the list and discuss opponents we've played who were missing critical pieces of their team, yet still beat us (A bad and decimated Jets team comes to mind). I simply don't feel our line this year has been so bad it has hindered Bradford. The perception exists by some that when Bradford does well, he's to be given the lion's share of the credit and when Bradford falters, it's the fault of others. Both unfair and untrue. And remember- I'm a Bradford believer. I just get tired of some people's refusal to call a spade a spade when he plays poorly
    This is silly. No one has ever said "Sam never plays poorly it's completely the line and receiving corps fault". If anything it's the Bradford haters who are consistently over exaggerating his failures. All of the supporters realize he's a young, improving QB, who plays well at times but struggles as well. Yet the Bradford doubters have called him a bust, one of the worst QB's in the league, a guy who is barely a good backup and on and on.

It's not an excuse to say we have a mediocre line and a less than average receiving corps. It's the facts of the situation.

The line has played much better since Wells has returned and Sam has played better as well.

Btw it's ridiculous how much blame Bradford takes when our running game is just as bad, if not worse, and yet no one ever blasts Jackson.

PARamfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    This is silly. No one has ever said "Sam never plays poorly it's completely the line and receiving corps fault". If anything it's the Bradford haters who are consistently over exaggerating his failures. All of the supporters realize he's a young, improving QB, who plays well at times but struggles as well. Yet the Bradford doubters have called him a bust, one of the worst QB's in the league, a guy who is barely a good backup and on and on.

It's not an excuse to say we have a mediocre line and a less than average receiving corps. It's the facts of the situation.

The line has played much better since Wells has returned and Sam has played better as well.

Btw it's ridiculous how much blame Bradford takes when our running game is just as bad, if not worse, and yet no one ever blasts Jackson.
    Blaming the line and the recievers are a constant theme.
    A WR who beats coverage downfield should't be blamed for a ball thrown 10 yards deeper than he is.

Alpha_Male is offline Registered User

I disagree with the wording, as others have

This was not Bradford's last "excusable" game, rather it was his last "excusable" season. He will have all of next year to show improvement, unless of course he has really bad games early which I highly doubt.

Rams will be a much better team overall next year with all the picks and experience and getting healthy again. I think you can look forward to Bradford going something like 26-10 in the TD-INT department with a 10 win season. Things look good for next year.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PARamfan View Post
    Blaming the line and the recievers are a constant theme.
    A WR who beats coverage downfield should't be blamed for a ball thrown 10 yards deeper than he is.
    Somehow I doubt anyone has ever blamed a receiver for a poorly thrown ball.

We have a bad line and a bad receiving corps. Of course they always get blame.

Weird how they play poorly but they don't deserve blame but Bradford plays average and he deserves a ton of blame?

TorontoRam is offline Registered User

I voted 'no' yesterday and I'm changing it. 'Yes.' He's running out of excuses, especially with the inexcusable pick at the games end. His receivers are fine. His backfield is fine. He's not FINE. NM

TorontoRam is offline Registered User

With all due respect. Bull Hookey! Can't scramble. Can't make second and third reads. And, is not throwing accurately. Otherwise, all's well.

emuen is offline Registered User

Weird how they play poorly but they don't deserve blame but Bradford plays average and he deserves a ton of blame?
    The WRs get blame all the time. Only reason you dont notice, is because everyone agrees about this...

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Sam managed a 74.7 passer rating today, with virtually all day to throw. Was not sacked once, and was not hurried all that much.

By direct contrast, Russell Wilson managed a 136.3 passer rating, even though he was harrassed all day and sacked 6 times.
    PARamfan likes this.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    It is uncanny how the anti-Bradford brigade crawls out after every loss. If you want to believe he has ample time to throw and receivers who get good separation on a consistent basis, be my guest. You're entirely wrong, but go ahead and keep believing what you want to believe.

I can guarantee you two things: (1) Sam Bradford will be our starter in 2013, and (2) you don't get a vote.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater
    Sam managed a 74.7 passer rating today, with virtually all day to throw. Was not sacked once, and was not hurried all that much.

By direct contrast, Russell Wilson managed a 136.3 passer rating, even though he was harrassed all day and sacked 6 times.
    Sigh. Sam did not have all day to throw. He wasn't sacked because he got the ball out quickly, typically on throws under 10 yards. As for Wilson, he has the luxury of being able to pick his spots, rather than throwing 40+ passes.

Somehow I doubt anyone has ever blamed a receiver for a poorly thrown ball.

Givens ,Amendola and Kendricks are bad???? Don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post

This tells the whole tale of the game.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast