View Poll Results: Is this Bradford's last excusable game?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 46.15%
  • No

14 53.85%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Is this Bradford's last game with excuses??

emuen is offline Registered User

Re: Is this Bradford's last game with excuses??

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Sigh. Sam did not have all day to throw. He wasn't sacked because he got the ball out quickly, typically on throws under 10 yards. As for Wilson, he has the luxury of being able to pick his spots, rather than throwing 40+ passes.
    This is not entirely true either. Even when he had time to throw, he chose to dump it off short instead to using the time to give the receivers a chance to break open.
    PARamfan likes this.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoRam View Post
    I voted 'no' yesterday and I'm changing it. 'Yes.' He's running out of excuses, especially with the inexcusable pick at the games end. His receivers are fine. His backfield is fine. He's not FINE. NM
    Inexcusable pick? It was 4th down and he had to make a play. He had little choice but to throw the ball and hope for the best.

I think his receivers are serviceable, but he still lacks the number 1 that can consistently get open, create seperation, and make the big catches. His backfield is fine, but certainly not great, and doesn't strike fear in opposing defenses.

I can guarantee you two things: (1) Sam Bradford will be our starter in 2013, and (2) you don't get a vote.
    Exactly. These Bradford discussions are interesting for fans to engage in, but Bradford has already proven he deserves to be the Rams QB for some time to come. He's not going anywhere.
    Last edited by r8rh8rmike; -12-30-2012 at 10:27 PM.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

I see this argument/debate as futile. Let's say that Bradford's ability is still a question mark going into the 2013 season. What are the solutions? Sign a free agent? Likely the ones available will be the likes Brady Quinn, Jason Campbell, Matt Leinart, Rex Grossman, etc... Anyone seriously think those are upgrades? Draft a quarterback? This is one of the weakest draft classes for qbs I've seen in a longtime. Geno Smith isn't knocking anyone socks off and there is still a strong chance he wouldn't be there when we picked. Trade? For who? Alex Smith? Tebow? Sanchez? No thanks.

Will Bradford be our starter in 2013? Yes. Will he be in 2014? Hope so... because I don't want 2013 to suck. : )
    RealRam and Dwight Frye like this.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Sigh. Sam did not have all day to throw. He wasn't sacked because he got the ball out quickly, typically on throws under 10 yards. As for Wilson, he has the luxury of being able to pick his spots, rather than throwing 40+ passes.
    Regardless of how he did what he did, he managed a 74.7 passer rating in a game where he was well protected.

On the other hand Russell Wilson managed a 136.3 passer rating in a game he was sacked 6 times and harrassed all day.

This is too typical of a Sam Bradford performance, which is far below elite, and the reason why he gets so much criticism.

The apologists on this board are excused, but most Ram fans rightly expect more from him.

It's as simple as that.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Regardless of how he did what he did, he managed a 74.7 passer rating in a game where he was well protected.

On the other hand Russell Wilson managed a 136.3 passer rating in a game he was sacked 6 times and harrassed all day.

This is too typical of a Sam Bradford performance, which is far below elite, and the reason why he gets so much criticism.

The apologists on this board are excused, but most Ram fans rightly expect more from him.

It's as simple as that.
    On the pre game show they brought up Aaeon Rogers and Tom Brady who both played in that stadium had RAT of 60 or less... they both had a rough games.

Even the elite QB struggled in that noise.

Sam had a 95 RAT until he throw the last pass of the game.

But I'm an apologists
    Last edited by Rambos; -12-30-2012 at 11:42 PM.
    r8rh8rmike and Ramendola16 like this.

It's as simple as that.
    Here's my "Bradford defender" take. He didn't get much help on that final series after leading a drive that went from the Rams 20 to the Seattle 29. A Kendricks drop on 1st, an unblocked blitzer with a free shot at him on 2nd, and an Amendola drop on third, setting up the 4th and 10 where he basically took his only option.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    On the pre game show they brought up Aaeon Rogers and Tom Brady who both played in that stadium had RAT of 60 or less... they both had a rough games.

Even the elite QB struggled in that noise.

Sam had a 95 RAT until he throw the last pass of the game.

But I'm an apologists
    then that explains it.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Here's my "Bradford defender" take. He didn't get much help on that final series after leading a drive that went from the Rams 20 to the Seattle 29. A Kendricks drop on 1st, an unblocked blitzer with a free shot at him on 2nd, and an Amendola drop on third, setting up the 4th and 10 where he basically took his only option.
    You're talking about one drive Mike, and I'm talking about a typical Bradford performance. The kind of performance that's marked his career in a Rams uniform so far. Nothing special, just a regular old run-of-the-mill QB.

I can count on one hand the times he's played an elite level game in a Rams uniform. That is simply unacceptable to me, no matter how you guys sugarcoat it.

He must improve, and that's all there is to it.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User
    A Kendricks drop on 1st, an unblocked blitzer with a free shot at him on 2nd, and an Amendola drop on third, setting up the 4th and 10 where he basically took his only option.
    The pass to Kendricks was a poor decision especially with the placement. The official had to duck on the pass so as not to get beaned in the head. He needed to lead Kendricks up the field and towards the sidelines. There was room over there plus time was a factor. One of Sam's issues is too often not throwing a ball that his receivers can catch in stride. The blitz is a breakdown. The amendola drop was another dumb decision by Sam. If caught it would have gained a whole two yards and consumed valuable time. The pick he threw was a terrible decision. He locked onto the receiver and Sherman read him with ease. Sam had two other receivers open on the play and with a slight amount of patience and ability to look to the other routes he could have had a TD.

Personally I have no defense for this team or any of its players. I don't think I'm much different than most fans when I say all I want is to win. I'm flipping sick and tired of losing and I'm damn sick and tired of defending a flippin bunch of losers year after year.

Every flipping player and coach involved with this team needs to improve if they intend to have a winning season and get to the playoffs.

This includes Sam Bradford the lead playmaker.

GroundChuck is offline Registered User

Sam did not play exceptional in this game and that's a fact that EVERYONE needs to keep in mind going forward......

You're talking about one drive Mike, and I'm talking about a typical Bradford performance. The kind of performance that's marked his career in a Rams uniform so far. Nothing special, just a regular old run-of-the-mill QB.

I can count on one hand the times he's played an elite level game in a Rams uniform. That is simply unacceptable to me, no matter how you guys sugarcoat it.

He must improve, and that's all there is to it.
    Has he not shown steady improvement this year? I think he has, but then I'm just a sugar coating apologist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    The pass to Kendricks was a poor decision especially with the placement. The official had to duck on the pass so as not to get beaned in the head. He needed to lead Kendricks up the field and towards the sidelines. There was room over there plus time was a factor. One of Sam's issues is too often not throwing a ball that his receivers can catch in stride. The blitz is a breakdown. The amendola drop was another dumb decision by Sam. If caught it would have gained a whole two yards and consumed valuable time. The pick he threw was a terrible decision. He locked onto the receiver and Sherman read him with ease. Sam had two other receivers open on the play and with a slight amount of patience and ability to look to the other routes he could have had a TD.
    If an NFL player gets his hands on the ball, it should be caught. I guess "dumb decision" is in the eye of the beholder. Say what you will, but the way I saw it, Bradford got no help on that final series.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

If an NFL player gets his hands on the ball, it should be caught. I guess "dumb decision" is in the eye of the beholder. Say what you will, but the way I saw it, Bradford got no help on that final series.
    If a player is going to play QB in the NFL he needs to learn how to lead his receivers so they can catch the ball in stride. Lead your receivers up the field and toward the sidelines especially when the clock is a factor. You don't really want an NFL caliber QB making dumb decisions and poor throws at receivers knees. Poor Sam he's the only guy on the team out there trying. Everyone else is a bum and taking plays off. There were other options and better decisions to be made. The proof is on the tape. You need to watch it again.

Has he not shown steady improvement this year? I think he has, but then I'm just a sugar coating apologist.
    Let's just say, not nearly enough to justify his salary. But then, I'm just a call it like I see it, realist.

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

Let's just say, not nearly enough to justify his salary. But then, I'm just a call it like I see it, realist.
    Just like you did with Warner. We know how good of a call that was.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHORNS View Post
    Just like you did with Warner. We know how good of a call that was.
    What exactly did I do with Warner sir?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast