View Poll Results: Is this Bradford's last excusable game?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    12 46.15%
  • No

    14 53.85%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 82
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Is this Bradford's last game with excuses??

  1. #46
    Alpha_Male is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    114
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Is this Bradford's last game with excuses??

    Sigh.

    Sam Bradford had the 4th most passing yards against Seattle's 5th ranked pass D this season

    Seattle won it's last 3 games by an average of 40 points. 40 points.

    And for those complaining about check down passes with time to pass, did you watch the game film? Maybe you have anamorphic widescreen that allows you to see the receivers running their routes 20 yards downfield? How do you know they werent covered by a very good a secondary?


  2. #47
    evil disco man's Avatar
    evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,024
    Rep Power
    55

    Re: Is this Bradford's last game with excuses??

    I don't know why so many people are down on Sam. He doesn't make many stupid decisions (a la Sanchez) and he seemed to improve as the season went on. Checking down to his #2 & 3 options more often, looking off receivers, making good audibles. Of course he has things to improve on - a couple balls sailed on him, and he didn't see Kendricks wide open in the end zone - but there are few quarterbacks without flaws.

    Give him another year in the system, a dependable #1, and I am convinced that you'll see him break out next year. He might not be the next Peyton Manning, but with this defense and coaching, we don't need that.
    macrammer likes this.

  3. #48
    rammmm is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Is this Bradford's last game with excuses??

    Rams o line did a great job yestersay. Sam had plenty of time. O line deserves credit for keeping Sam from getting sacked cause God knows he's not that elusive. So what am I saying? Sam had time to throw and look at some of those bad throws. Danny A. even had a disgusted look on his face several times after balls thrown in his direction were uncatchable. Will Sam ever be elite even with MORE talent? Doubtful. He has been overrated and he just can't meet the expectations to be a franchise qb.

  4. #49
    rammmm is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Is this Bradford's last game with excuses??

    Rams o line did a great job yestersay. Sam had plenty of time. O line deserves credit for keeping Sam from getting sacked cause God knows he's not that elusive. So what am I saying? Sam had time to throw and look at some of those bad throws. Danny A. even had a disgusted look on his face several times after balls thrown in his direction were uncatchable. Will Sam ever be elite even with MORE talent? Doubtful. He has been overrated and he just can't meet the expectations to be a franchise qb.

  5. #50
    tomahawk247's Avatar
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Essex, England
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,665
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Is this Bradford's last game with excuses??

    Quote Originally Posted by rammmm View Post
    Rams o line did a great job yestersay. Sam had plenty of time. O line deserves credit for keeping Sam from getting sacked cause God knows he's not that elusive. So what am I saying? Sam had time to throw and look at some of those bad throws. Danny A. even had a disgusted look on his face several times after balls thrown in his direction were uncatchable. Will Sam ever be elite even with MORE talent? Doubtful. He has been overrated and he just can't meet the expectations to be a franchise qb.
    Sam had plenty of time? It only looked that way because he was getting rid of the ball before getting sacked. Sam still got hit and dumped on his back after passing way too often to have had "plenty of time"
    The reason those throws look bad was because Bradford, not having time to wait any longer, had to try and throw the receiver "open" and not give the chance for the DB to make a play on the ball. But because our WRs struggle for separation, it didn't work.

    The OL has improved, but it's a combined effort of them blocking better and Bradford getting the ball away quicker that has led to no sacks over the past two games

  6. #51
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,026
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: Is this Bradford's last game with excuses??

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    then that explains it.
    What it explains you don't know the facts. You would not have made the elite statement if you thought it through and or took into consideration Sam out played both elite QB in that stadium. You where so much in a hurry to rip your own QB and you got the facts wrong. When comparing Sam's play to the best QBs in the NFL that played the same team in the hardest place to play, Sam out played them both.
    Last edited by Rambos; -12-31-2012 at 12:30 PM.

  7. #52
    macrammer's Avatar
    macrammer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northern Cal
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,016
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Is this Bradford's last game with excuses??

    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Here's my "Bradford defender" take. He didn't get much help on that final series after leading a drive that went from the Rams 20 to the Seattle 29. A Kendricks drop on 1st, an unblocked blitzer with a free shot at him on 2nd, and an Amendola drop on third, setting up the 4th and 10 where he basically took his only option.
    Mike,

    what can you say about any areas or throws that hindered us yesterday and were directly related to Sam and his penchant for preceived inconsistency? I personally saw a few balls yesterday that were way off mark even though there was plenty of time and a wide open receiver. My take is simple. If those type of throws are made more effectively, we perhaps, do not need that last ditch drive. I know hingsight is 20/20 but I read about the o line issue and our lack of top flight receivers but if I am not mistaken, Sam went the last two games without a sack and then there were the aforementioned misfires to open Wr's at key moments yesterday.

    In order for RAMS to win more and become a playoff team, we need better play all around including SAM.
    MoonJoe likes this.

  8. #53
    tomahawk247's Avatar
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Essex, England
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,665
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Is this Bradford's last game with excuses??

    Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    Mike,

    what can you say about any areas or throws that hindered us yesterday and were directly related to Sam and his penchant for preceived inconsistency? I personally saw a few balls yesterday that were way off mark even though there was plenty of time and a wide open receiver. My take is simple. If those type of throws are made more effectively, we perhaps, do not need that last ditch drive. I know hingsight is 20/20 but I read about the o line issue and our lack of top flight receivers but if I am not mistaken, Sam went the last two games without a sack and then there were the aforementioned misfires to open Wr's at key moments yesterday.

    In order for RAMS to win more and become a playoff team, we need better play all around including SAM.
    Well no one is saying Sam is perfect. But the problem is that many people expect him to be. How many QBs have gone through a game without missing a pass? Very, very few. Yet Bradford, even in wins, gets criticised for a misplaced ball.

    My issue is not that people call out Bradford's missed passes, such as the the couple to Amendola when Trufant had tight coverage, but that they don't talk about the good things he does in the same game. The quick slant to Givens that leads to a long play and sets up a TD. The pass to Gibson to get us in field goal range just before the half. This act of ignoring the good and over exaggerating the bad is why people get called bashers
    Rambos and r8rh8rmike like this.

  9. #54
    MoonJoe's Avatar
    MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Norco, CA
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,432
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: Is this Bradford's last game with excuses??

    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHORNS View Post
    Maybe I am confused but last I checked often means it happens alot and fumbles can be turnovers when your opponent gets the ball.
    Often=Many by online dictionaries so it was probably lazy of me to include all three in one sentence. Let me rewrite it this way:

    -Many times I have seen Sam throw over or under to the receivers. (this reference is for this season).

    -Several times I have seen him fumble the ball at crucial times during a game (this reference is for the last 3 seasons).

    -I notice there seems to be miscommunication between him, the play calls and the receivers. This may lay solely on the receivers or coaches, but as the leader of the team, you need to know that they know the plays, or get it to someone who does (this refers to the last three seasons as well).


    I like Sam and I think he has great potential to be a really good NFL quarter back, but I think we "have" to shore up around him for the sake of the team. He is not the kind of quarterback that can make other players better.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

    Jack Youngblood

  10. #55
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,026
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: Is this Bradford's last game with excuses??

    Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    Mike,

    what can you say about any areas or throws that hindered us yesterday and were directly related to Sam and his penchant for preceived inconsistency? I personally saw a few balls yesterday that were way off mark even though there was plenty of time and a wide open receiver. My take is simple. If those type of throws are made more effectively, we perhaps, do not need that last ditch drive. I know hingsight is 20/20 but I read about the o line issue and our lack of top flight receivers but if I am not mistaken, Sam went the last two games without a sack and then there were the aforementioned misfires to open Wr's at key moments yesterday.

    In order for RAMS to win more and become a playoff team, we need better play all around including SAM.
    I have yet to see a QB in the NFL not make bad throws. When you say he's not accurate I look at his completion percentage. He finished 59.5 compared that to Tom Brady 63 percent. It's not like Sam is 15% less then the best in the NFL. He's less then 5%.

    Yeah he missed Amendola but he hit Pettis and Pettis dropped it and thats football it happens. He also throw a perfect ball to Matthew Mulligan. Fans can focus on the bad passes I get that but you can't discount the good passes in the processes to say the guy is inconsistent.

    We might not have needed a TD on the last drive if JL makes the sack right? We probably win with a FG and it's all good.
    Last edited by Rambos; -12-31-2012 at 03:19 PM.

  11. #56
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,313
    Rep Power
    127

    Re: Is this Bradford's last game with excuses??

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    Poor Sam he's the only guy on the team out there trying. Everyone else is a bum and taking plays off.
    This is why discussions often deteriorate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    But then, I'm just a call it like I see it, realist.
    That's a debateable point.

    Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    what can you say about any areas or throws that hindered us yesterday and were directly related to Sam and his penchant for preceived inconsistency?
    I can say Bradford had his share of missed opportunities, just as every other NFL QB does.


    Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    My issue is not that people call out Bradford's missed passes, such as the the couple to Amendola when Trufant had tight coverage, but that they don't talk about the good things he does in the same game. The quick slant to Givens that leads to a long play and sets up a TD. The pass to Gibson to get us in field goal range just before the half. This act of ignoring the good and over exaggerating the bad is why people get called bashers
    Good point. It's too bad many here can only nitpick his performances, while ignoring things like the fact that the Rams went from a 2-14 season with a gimpy Bradford limping through 10 games, to a 7-8-1 season with a healthy Bradford playing a full season. I see a direct correlation, and better things to come.
    Last edited by r8rh8rmike; -12-31-2012 at 01:44 PM.
    Rambos likes this.

  12. #57
    CRAZYHORNS's Avatar
    CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maryland near DC
    Age
    47
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Is this Bradford's last game with excuses??

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    What exactly did I do with Warner sir?
    What was your position on him prior to him leaving for NY. If my memory serves me right you and several others felt Warner was done and would never return to form. Many of Warner Bashers just wanted immediate gradification. I love the fact that the Rams came from nowhere and won a superbowl but I would like to see them built a team from the ground up and compete for several superbowls like the steelers or patriots have done.

    I do not believe that Bradford is a polished QB and the team is holding him back. I believe it is both. The team needs to bring in more talent at various position and Bradford needs to be more consistent. But there is no reason to believe Bradford can not be a top QB in this league. He has all the tools and a coaching staff that believes in him.
    ZiaRam likes this.

  13. #58
    evil disco man's Avatar
    evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,024
    Rep Power
    55

    Re: Is this Bradford's last game with excuses??

    There are more drops than there are bad throws.

  14. #59
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,604
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Is this Bradford's last game with excuses??

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    What it explains you don't know the facts. You would not have made the elite statement if you thought it through and or took into consideration Sam out played both elite QB in that stadium. You where so much in a hurry to rip your own QB and you got the facts wrong. When comparing Sam's play to the best QBs in the NFL that played the same team in the hardest place to play, Sam out played them both.
    My facts wrong?

    The only fact I talked about was the fact that Sam Bradford managed a 74.7 QB rating on a day where he was well protected, and the fact that Russell Wilson managed a 136.3 in a game where he was constantly harrassed and sacked 6 times.

    I couldn't care less what any other QB did in that stadium. That is not my concern, nor should it be for any Rams fan.

    It only serves your purpose of having an excuse for Sam Bradford. Typical of an apologist.

  15. #60
    CRAZYHORNS's Avatar
    CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maryland near DC
    Age
    47
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Is this Bradford's last game with excuses??

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    My facts wrong?

    The only fact I talked about was the fact that Sam Bradford managed a 74.7 QB rating on a day where he was well protected, and the fact that Russell Wilson managed a 136.3 in a game where he was constantly harrassed and sacked 6 times.

    I couldn't care less what any other QB did in that stadium. That is not my concern, nor should it be for any Rams fan.

    It only serves your purpose of having an excuse for Sam Bradford. Typical of an apologist.
    So when evaluating a QB we should only look at the QB rating?

    Thats it nothing more? I do not believe that is the fair or correct way to evaluate a performance. I've seen Bradford have poor days in the office but his QB rating was high due to the Rams having to play catch up and he put up big numbers. This has or never will be a good way to evauate a QB performance just alone.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Excuses/What are the odds?!
    By rams#1 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: -09-08-2009, 01:35 AM
  2. Excuses, excuses, EXCUSES!!
    By ramsanddodgers in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: -10-20-2008, 01:06 AM
  3. We're trying to make excuses....
    By Varg6 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: -11-06-2006, 06:28 PM
  4. Excuses?
    By StRams in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -09-12-2005, 10:22 AM
  5. No Excuses: 10 Things The Rams Must Do
    By AvengerRam in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: -09-01-2004, 09:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •