dave626 is offline Registered User
    Blog Entries

Bradley Fletcher / DB question

Does anyone know when he is expected to return? Do they expect him at training camp or workouts, or beginning of the season?

Also what do you guys think about our DBs should we draft a CB and if so what round would you suggest.

Quincy Butler, could he start?

GO RAMS!!!

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Bradley Fletcher / DB question

at present i see the depth chart at CB as...

Bartell
    Fletcher
    King
    Dockery
    Butler

i think with an improved pass rush that group as a whole would be better than advertised....we could always add another in the draft should one be the BPA in any of the mid to late rounds but i think with only having 3 DE`s 1 OLB,2 TE`s etc..on the roster, unless it is to pick up a potential steal at the position then we might be better served adressing those positions instead...

the only curve ball i can see possibly being on the horizon is that..call it a hunch but i think whenever Atogwe leaves we already have our future FS on the roster..and his name is Bradley Fletcher. ever since the nasty injury i have thought about how he could be when he comes back...the last reports i saw a couple of weeks back was that Fletch was recovering well..but still..the twisting and turning that is required of a CB on a regular basis may be a problem for fletch depending on how fully his knee is fixed..and FS may be a position he could excell at without all that twisting and turning...if Atogwe was to leave this Off-season i could see us drafting a CB to replace Fletch who would move to FS.

just thinking out of the box really and it may have something to do with the reluctance by the Rams to get O.J signed to a big money long term deal...or it may not.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Re: Bradley Fletcher / DB question

RAMBLIN,

I like how you think; that indeed a better and consistant pass rush, it gives the current roaster of DBs opportunities for better play. The current rules so favor the offense that all the best DBs would be hard pressed.