Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Bradley Fletcher, from a fan who has watched his entire career.

I see alot of you guys are questioning Fletcher, saying how he got the drunk driving incident and all these things. You don't know how he plays, haven't seen anything besides that DratGuys.com video or w/e it was on youtube.com.

Being a huge Iowa Hawkeye and Rams fan, I got to watch Fletcher his entire career. And during he continually worked his butt off, and it wasn't until about his mid Junior season when he got the chance to play. The reason being is that the guy in front of him Adam Shada was a huge coaches favorite, he was horrible but kept playing because the coaches loved him for his speed. But during his mid Junior season he got his shot when Shada was hurt, and as he played, I could tell he was going to be a player, and finished the season strong.

And last year during his senior season he played arguably better than Charles Godfrey did the season before (Godfrey starts as FS for Carolina). When you watch Fletcher play, you watch a guy who plays his - off, a kid who won't shy from a challenge or get intimidated. It doesn't matter if he's playing against Dane Looker, or Randy Moss. Fletcher will try and will play physical, tight defense on them. He's got really good instincts when the ball is in the air, and is a mirror of the receivers route. He's a very smart football player and is a damn good tackler for a cornerback, and hits like a safety. He's got better football speed than timed speed.

So in getting Fletcher, we're getting a big, physical, run stopping tackler who will also make plays on the ball in the air, and vary rarely gets beat, and if he does, he has good recovery speed, also is very hard worker. His attitude is nothing short of great. He did have that DUI in Iowa City, but cops are on players like white on rice in Iowa City for some reason. He actually has great character. He's soft spoken but can be a good leader. I said it before the offseason and I'll say it now, the only reason he isn't a 1st round pick is because he didnt' start 4 years or any crap like that, he has all the skills to have been a first rounder however.

I'm telling you guys right now, don't be surprised if he's starting Week 1 for us opposite Ron Bartell. And a backfield of || Fletcher | Atogwe | Butler | Bartell || is not only a big backfield, but a very physical one too. Physical football is coming back to St. Louis men and women, and it's going to be a very, very fun time.

His measurables are also better than those of Malcom Jenkins, the "Top Rated" Cornerback.

Bradley Fletcher: 40 time= 4.50
    bench= 20
    V.jump= 38.5

Malcolm Jenkins: 40 time= 4.54
    bench= 15
    V.jump= 33.0

Highlights/Interview video
    CBS College Sports All-Access

A Pro day shot:
    Last edited by RamsFan16; -04-29-2009 at 12:12 AM.

RamsFan16

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: Bradley Fletcher, from a fan who has watched his entire career.

Great post 16. We have all been waiting for you to chime in on fletcher, given that you are a noted hawkeye expert in addition to being a great rams fan. I dont know how the pick will work out, but i sure feel even better than i did before reading this post and i felt really good about it already! If you had been down on the guy, i would have been really bummed.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

No way am I down on him , I'm very thrilled as you can see. I forgot to mention, his measurables are better than those of Malcom Jenkins.

Bradley Fletcher: 40 time= 4.50
    bench= 20
    V.jump= 38.5

Malcolm Jenkins: 40 time= 4.54
    bench= 15
    V.jump= 33.0

I forgot to insert this video of him, that's more in depth.

CBS College Sports All-Access

A Pro day shot:
    RamsFan16

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

Good post my friend

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

RamsFan16 ..........you must be ottoman89

Nice post. Watched the Vid and mentioned it in another thread.

You've got me quite excited about this kid.

Thank You for the info.
    Semper Fi!

Aussie Dave is offline Registered User

yeah i knew nothing about him when we drafted him but the more i hear about him the more i get excited.

i really hope you are right about him.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

i think a lot of us were surprised/shocked when he became our 3rd round pick because for a lot of us he just wasnt on our radar..with other more well known prospects still available...kinda like when we picked up Bartell in the second a few years back.
    but the more you research him the way the Rams obviously have... the more you realise that instead of a "reach" he seems more of a steal..i can see Spags using him very well in the system that he`s gonna use and like you mentioned our starting 4 DB`s are gonna be quite a physical group now...i hope some of it rubs off on Afro Smurf (Tye Hill) because i feel if it could, he would become a lot better player than weve seen so far.

i have to second that emotion on what GC said (as you would be able to see on the original Fletch thread..) i think a lot of us,even those who havent come out and said it have been waiting to hear from our resident Hawkeye for the inside track on Fletch.. thanks for sharing it with us!

one question for you,16 that hasnt been mentioned so far...during my research on him..ive read some reports that have hinted at his possible ability to bring other things to the Rams..in particular ST`s...whats your opinion on his ST`s ability?

sashadpb is offline Registered User

Great post 16. I knew that we are gonna pick CB in 3rd, but I expected D. J. Moore. It would be great if Fletcher could start on #2 CB
    Last edited by sashadpb; -04-29-2009 at 07:12 AM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I like the kid. I thought he might have been there later (see my "draft challenge" entry), but he has the ability to start in this league.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Thanks for the scoop 16. I have a hard time believing that he will be starting this season. Bartell took a while to develop. If Fletcher only has a couple of years of playing time in college he may need more practice time before he is ready for the NFL.

Clayton Lopez is the new coach of the CBs. Do we know anything about his thoughts or abilities on developing CBs?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

chancelandusa is offline Registered User

I watched the video on u tube looks good I like the way he uses his hands on the receiver to feel him out without holding him,cuts quickly seems to arrive right when the ball gets there given alittle time to get up to nfl speed fletcher could be a real find, we could have a really solid backfield once they gel THANKS 16 nice post

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    one question for you,16 that hasnt been mentioned so far...during my research on him..ive read some reports that have hinted at his possible ability to bring other things to the Rams..in particular ST`s...whats your opinion on his ST`s ability?
    Before Fletcher started, he was used on Special Teams, and he did well at it. He was more on coverage than returns, but on coverage he did good. He was one of the brighter spots of our Special Teams at Iowa during his time on special teams.

It's not exactly where I'd like to see him starting out, but if he's put out there, he'll do well. As you can see, very reliable tackler, so he won't miss the returner coming up field.

He can do it well, but as I said. I'd rather not see him as our main special teams guy.
    RamsFan16

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Thanks for the insight on Fletcher. I have to admit I was one of the fans that was scratching his head over this pick in the 3rd, but you have eased my opinion on him some & hope you are right that he can become a dominate fixture in the Rams secondary.
    Love the fact he can actually tackle & wont shy away from laying the wood.
    Again thanks 16 for the insight.

#39 Fan is offline Registered User

great post, thanks for the insight!

eldfan is offline Registered User

I read that from another sport Columnist. I like the coach thinking on larger corners.
    :ramlogo:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast