Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Re: Brady Quinn / The One that got away...

I also seem to recall the Browns spending a first round pick for an offensive lineman first, and only then, did they move up to pick up Quinn. Rams D line was of desperate need and Carriker was a solid pick up, so for the record, I'm not sorry Rams passed on Quinn.

fast forward to 2009 draft.... and a top OL pick followed by a qb pick sounds pretty good. But the Rams draft in 2007!? no thanks.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I think it's interesting that for all the talk about getting a quarterback you can build a franchise around, there never seems to be a lot of interest in building around the guy we actually have at the time. Whenever we struggle, there's always somebody else we should have drafted who would be leading us to the promised land right now.

We can have a top 5 offense and a bottom 5 defense (that's probably pretty close to what we had when Martz left), and people will still want to draft their favorite college quarterback when he comes out. Looking through the 2007 draft, I don't really see anyone taken after we picked in the first round that I'd rather have than Carriker. So far it looks like a good pick.

As for Cutler versus Hill/Wroten, I'd have made the case for DT Haloti Ngata instead of any of the quarterbacks if we didn't trade down. I don't think you have the luxury of using early round picks to upgrade a position of relative strength on the team to an elite level (which would presumably be the aim of replacing Bulger) when you have plenty of other positions that are glaring weaknesses. That's like springing for a new mast when your boat is rapidly taking on water from all the leaks.

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

I just woke up from a fight, an I come on the board to see a Brady Quinn thread. This is great. Brady's the man, I won't say he'd be doing great here. But I love the man and would love to see him in horns. Or wearing a Ravens uni so I can go see him play. I still have that Quinn Dolphins Jersey is anyone's interested.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    Rams had their chances at Brady Quinn in the draft, but blindly passed and now witnessing what might have been. Quinn with the Rams would have, right about now, taken over the reigns at QB over a struggling Marc Bulger, no doubt after strong demands from The ED fans.
    After last nights showing against the Denver Broncos, Brady's coming out party was no less than spectacular!
    Rams fans are left to wonder about the One that got away.
    Welcome to the NFL, Brady Quinn!
    I paid attention when Quinn played in college. He's one of the most overrated players in recent history. The Rams and half the league made a good call in passing on him.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

i think point is some here think bulger should be replaced. i think we should build up the line first, then find someone that mark can tutor into position. i give our team 3-5 years in rebuild mode, perhaps after the move to LA.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

TKnight39 is offline Registered User

I was pissed that the Rams passed on Brady Quinn last year also.

Bulger SUCKS....get him out of here!!!!!

denverram is offline Registered User

I think that Bulgers days as a productive QB for the Rams are done. He is obviously suffering from battetred QB syndrome. I also think that he will have a rebirth somewhere else just like Kurt Warner.

The Rams need to blow this thing up and start over. I think we need to concentrate on drafting OL. We have capable young WR great RB when he plays. LB will get better as our young DL gets better. we have two ares of real concern, Secondary and OL.

Start fixing the OL first!!!!

What do ya think

Roy G. Biv is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dgr838
    Rams had their chances at Brady Quinn in the draft, but blindly passed and now witnessing what might have been.
    Yea, we could have had a QB with a rating of 66.6 instead of our current 68.0. That'd really make a difference. Can't believe the Rams passed on this guy.
    "I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12