throwback week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Brandon Gibson

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Brandon Gibson

If I'm not mistaken, Gibson leads the Rams with 5 TD's. Not bad IMO when you consider the potency of our offense.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

We need guys like Pettis and Gibson to be making these plays, but when they are our 5th and 6th receivers and we have quality players playing ahead of them.

That's what the Rams lack at the moment.

RealRam is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcat View Post
    If Gibson is a 2 or 3, your team is in trouble..... He's more like a 4 or 5..... MAYBE a 3. He is too inconsistanst
    Well, then we'll work on helping him become more consistent. Can you imagine a consistent BG!

Rams passing game has good receivers, good potential -- the obvious challenge is reaching it.

Amendola, WR with undisputed talent / skills; playmaker (healthy rest of season please).
    Gibson, WR with proven ability; granted, consistency needed (as is for entire offense).
    Givens, WR, very good, promissing rookie.
    Kendricks, TE with excellent skills.
    Pettis, WR [help me fill in 'blank' here].
    Quick, WR in development, promissing.
    Smith, bench help veteran.
    Last edited by RealRam; -12-09-2012 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Image

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Rams passing game has good receivers, good potential -- the obvious challenge is reaching it.

Amendola, WR with undisputed talent / skills; playmaker (healthy rest of season please).
    Gibson, WR with proven ability; granted, consistency needed (as is for entire offense).
    Givens, WR, very good, promissing rookie.
    Kendricks, TE with excellent skills.
    Pettis, WR [help me fill in 'blank' here].
    Quick, WR in development, promissing.
    Smith, bench help veteran.
    Amendola, WR with undisputed talent / skills; playmaker. As you said, but his injuries are starting to worry me. Given our desperate need for playmakers, he'll probably be back, but I don't know if I want him back.
    Gibson, WR with proven ability; granted, consistency needed. He's got the skills to be a #2 possession guy, and you know, if he could consistently come down with the ball, I'd have no problem starting him. But that's the issue. He can't get open all the time and can't catch it even if he does.
    Givens, WR, very good, promissing rookie. Definitely a starter for next year.
    Kendricks, TE with excellent skills. But a bad case of his hands not always working and his head not always being in the game. We'll see if he comes on in his 3rd year. Very possible.
    Pettis, WR [help me fill in 'blank' here]. He's got good slot skills and I'd say that he comes down with the ball more often than Gibson. I'm thinking that in his 3rd year, he's very possibly a replacement for Amendola in the slot(NOT outside or downfield).
    Quick, WR in development, promissing. He's got the size and desire, but he comes from a small school. I'm not worried unless he shows no improvement next year.
    Smith, bench help veteran. Wash, rinse, repeat. Get rid of him and bring in another guy. I haven't seen the old Steve Smith other than to think that we have the older Steve Smith.
    I believe!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Well, then we'll work on helping him become more consistent. Can you imagine a consistent BG!
    The Rams have been waiting 51 games for Brandon Gibson to become more consistent. At some point, the imaginary has to become the reality.

He had a great game today, but I don't think it should have much impact in terms of what he is or how he's viewed on this team. We've seen what the Rams w/ Brandon Gibson as a starting receiver looks like, and it's not enough. Fine situational player, but not a starter.
    THOLTFAN81, TekeRam and sosa39rams like this.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam;447697[B
    Gibson[/B], WR with proven ability; granted, consistency needed. He's got the skills to be a #2 possession guy, and you know, if he could consistently come down with the ball, I'd have no problem starting him. But that's the issue. He can't get open all the time and can't catch it even if he does.
    He does seem to have trouble getting open on a consistent basis, but as far as drops, I think there is an unfair perception. According to STATS LLC, he has 3 drops this year.
    Rambos likes this.

bruce4life is online now Registered User

Brandon Gibson

I've said it once and ill say it again, I wouldn't mind keeping Gibby around for a 3-4 receiver. He has the experience and relationship with Bradford to stick around but not as a starter.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Him and Pettis really bailed out Sam on a couple throws there. I've never seen Bradford throw behind so many wide open receivers before

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Notwithstanding the three game win streak and the good feelings surrounding this team, we need to realize our corps of receivers are average at best. There remains a need for a stud #1 guy- a big target who Bradford can get the ball to. Each of these guys has shown small samples of good work, but I can't get fired up over Austin Pettis or Brandon Gibson catching two balls a game. They need to be more productive on a game in- game out basis.

On the flip side, we need to be very careful in evaluating them so that we don't bail on a guy who could've helped us. Although circumstances dictated the departures of Donnie Avery and Danario Alexander, the fact remains they've been very productive this season for other teams.

I am very disappointed Quick hasn't shown more. I've never cared for Gibson, who despite decent talent, disappears for stretches/games at a time. Givens shows promise. Kendricks has improved. Smith is a zero. And Danny simply has to dial it down a bit and stay healthy. His hell-bent style endangers his longevity.
    Rambos likes this.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Talent wise I always thought him a 3rd Reciever--assuming the Rams had a true number one WR...HA! But seriously if the Rams get themselves a talented number one WR, Gibsons production would go up

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12