Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Brandon Lloyd on staying with the Rams and how good Bradford can be

Rambos is online now Registered User

Brandon Lloyd on staying with the Rams and how good Bradford can be

Staying with the Rams and how good Bradford can be....and more.

101ESPN.com: Audio Player - Brandon Lloyd

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: Brandon Lloyd on staying with the Rams and how good Bradford can be

He was a huge factor on our team coming in late. How nice would it be to have Lloyd, Blackmon, and Amendola...

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

It would be solid for him to stay with the team. He and Bradford have built up a little chemistry and should be able to expand on that in the offseason. Unfortunately McDaniels is in New England and I think Lloyd will follow.

SLSG is offline Registered User

He would be smart to stay here as long as the Rams give him fair market value. He will put up nice numbers with a healthy Bradford. I also doubt the Rams would draft Blackmon with all their holes.

general counsel is offline Registered User

He isnt following McDaniel so fast unless the patriots pony up big money, which is unlikely to be the case. if you owned the patriots, would you think you had a need at wide receiver or would you spend the money on defense?

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SLSG View Post
    He would be smart to stay here as long as the Rams give him fair market value. He will put up nice numbers with a healthy Bradford. I also doubt the Rams would draft Blackmon with all their holes.
    WR is a gaping hole for the Rams, I'm already tired of settling with the likes of Brandon Gibson, Laurent Robinson (as a #1), Derek Stanley, Brooks Foster, etc.

Blackmon across Lloyd will make a huge difference in our passing game, and a good one too.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Rambos is online now Registered User

I will tell you this about Lloyd, I like his interviews... he tells it like it is. Like what he had to say about Bradford. I also can't imagine what it would be like for Bradford to have the time in the pocket like Brady one day soon! Lloyd clearly said Sam must have been frustrated early will all the drops. When I was watching the Packers game I could not help myself from thinking even Aaron Rogers can't win will 5 or 6 drops in a game.

As far as Lloyd I'm not sure he would have a big role with the Patriots, they seem to using the TE's and the slot WR, more so then the outside receiver. Wherever he goes he's a class act hope he does well.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

And this is why Lloyd is an idiot. He comes out and says "I want to go wherever Josh goes"...well it doesn't always work like that Brandon. You dont choose what team you wish to play for... I dont get this board sometimes. People were posting left and right Lloyd to Pats. What makes you think the Pats want him?

Lloyd realizes now he gave up leverage on his deal. So he's trying to play it off...

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    And this is why Lloyd is an idiot. He comes out and says "I want to go wherever Josh goes"...well it doesn't always work like that Brandon. You dont choose what team you wish to play for... I dont get this board sometimes. People were posting left and right Lloyd to Pats. What makes you think the Pats want him?

Lloyd realizes now he gave up leverage on his deal. So he's trying to play it off...
    That was his initial choice, and he said that before McD even joined the Pats. Give the guy a break, people tend to change their minds once a situation changes.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    That was his initial choice, and he said that before McD even joined the Pats. Give the guy a break, people tend to change their minds once a situation changes.
    Like sosa. LOL :

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    Im not bashing him, or at least I dont intend to. Im just saying he messed up big time. Its going to cost him $. If he says, I want to go wherever Josh goes, and the team that Josh goes to (Pats) dont want him, how does it bode well for him? Now teams know that he isn't going to go to his most desired area so we have no reason to over pay him. Maybe if he said I'd be very interested in re-joining Josh than our FO would think, dang, we cant let a player of this guys caliber go, give him a contract he cannot refuse. Now its, well he isn't going where he wants, so lets give him a good deal (obviously not what he would of got before) and see what he thinks. And since he doesn't get the opportunity to go where he wants, he most likely ends up staying here.

No intentions of bashing him, but not the smartest decision by Lloyd. Matter of fact, I want him to stay here. Really badly. The guys a monster and pairing him with another WR would be insane.

Just speculation.

NJ Ramsfan1 is online now Registered User

Despite the greed and selfishness in sports, guys don't always go where the money is. They go somewhere they are comfortable, a place that their wife likes, a place where they might be the "feature receiver", etc. I have no idea what Lloyd is thinking. I would hope he realizes the Rams show promise and are serious about winning. I would hope he is sincere about Bradford's potential. I would hope he sees the possibility of being the featured receiver on a team. It goes without saying the Rams can desperately use a guy like this. With all our other needs, we cannot take two or three more receivers in the draft this year.

macrammer is offline Registered User

I have faith in Stan and co. to do what is rght here to keep Lloyd. We are now about winning not whining.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

He does refer to Sam constantly as 'elite'. I think he stays.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I think he is keeping his options open. Making it known he would be open to staying, but at the same time I think he waits to make his decision based on seeing who the new OC is.

We get Hue Jackson, and I think he will stay. Brian Schottenheimer? Maybe not.

I want him to stay, considering the 5th rounder we gave for him, and the fact the guy makes ridiculous catches, but I don't want to overpay him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast