Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By THOLTFAN81

Thread: Break Much Needed

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Break Much Needed

This past week I was in Disney World with my family. I think it was kind of a vacation away from the Rams and much needed. I missed the Packers game. I followed it on my phone, and not to my surprise we lost, and it wasn't close on the scoreboard. However, I got the first bit of good news as a Ram fan since the preseason. The acquisition of B Lloyd for a CHEAP compensation. Then I was reminded that Mark Clayton is coming off the PUP. Do I think we have a realistic shot at the playoffs? No. However, I have not been this excited for a game (pending Bradford starting) since week 1. I can't wait to see Sam out there with some LEGITIMATE targets.

Bottomline: This vacation from the Rams was much needed, and there wont be any more random threads of me complaining. I do still want Spags fired because I don't think he has what it takes. However, as long as he is the HC here I will continue to support him and the Rams.

Let's pick up a W this week, and try to salvage a decent season to build off of like Detroit did last season.

Go Rams.
    AlphaRam and RockinRam like this.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Break Much Needed

I don't think this team is ready for the post-season regardless if we start winning toward the end of the season. What I do want to see is legitimate progress. I'd love to see us replicate what the Lions did last year, which was win, what, 6 of their last 9 games or something like that? I believe they won 6 straight if I'm not mistaken, and then carried that over into a 5-0 start for 2011. Regardless, I think that we need that kind of finish not just for the sanity of us Rams fans but also for Devaney and Spags' jobs.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

rNemesis is offline Registered User

Re: Break Much Needed

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    I don't think this team is ready for the post-season regardless if we start winning toward the end of the season. What I do want to see is legitimate progress. I'd love to see us replicate what the Lions did last year, which was win, what, 6 of their last 9 games or something like that? I believe they won 6 straight if I'm not mistaken, and then carried that over into a 5-0 start for 2011. Regardless, I think that we need that kind of finish not just for the sanity of us Rams fans but also for Devaney and Spags' jobs.
    Couldn't agree more with you on that, Varg6. I want to see the kind of progress that we have been wanting to see since the season started. If we finish this year strong, I am all for that. I will also be anxious to see how we compete with the rest of the division, seeing as though we haven't played any of them jokers yet, and things appear to look uphill.

Having said that, I want to see nothing less than a great game in BIG D. If we get destroyed, I will be very furious and will want answers to many questions!!! If we win this game, I will be more than happy despite the horrendous start!!