Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: breaking news !!!!!!!! Greg Williams won't coach this season for the Rams.

richtree is offline Registered User

breaking news !!!!!!!! Greg Williams won't coach this season for the Rams.

breaking news !!!!!!!! Greg Williams won't coach this season for the Rams.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Re: breaking news !!!!!!!! Greg Williams won't coach this season for the Rams.

Per Jason LaCanfora

Gregg Williams is suspended indefinitely. Commish will review Williams situation at end of 2012 season and consider reinstatement
    So he is suspended for ATLEAST this year, maybe more. But atleast this got caught before it hit us.

Sean Payton was hit for the season. The Saints are DONE!

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

You have to wonder why cheating in the biggest game of the season doesn't warrant the same punishment.

Belicheat is a special case obviously. (Moral relativists feel free to point out how its okay to cheat in the SB but its not okay to do so in the regular season)

An indefinite punishment is garbage, either ban him for life or ban him for the year. What is Williams going to do in his year off that mitigates a life ban?
    Last edited by Fat Pang; -03-21-2012 at 01:05 PM.
    RamDez, MoonJoe, HUbison and 7 others like this.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

To harsh if you ask me. Goodell needs to take his head out of the sand.

xkidflowx is offline Registered User

sigh..... man more stress on fisher.. next year is gonna be amazing though.. Top 3 in Cap Space.. another year under bradford's belt im sure we'll get a wide out hopefully we get him back next year though

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Can't say that I'm all that surprised.

While I'm disappointed, I think Dave McGinnis can handle the job just fine, if that's the direction the Rams decide to go in.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

What a w5nker you are Mr Goodell. If anyone needs to leave indefinitely it's you, not Gregg Williams. Not a happy camper.
    Tampa_Ram, ManofGod and ZiaRam like this.

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

While cheating in the Superbowl is more egregious on some levels I think with all the emphasis the NFL is putting on player safety they were going to take this a lot more serious. This doesn't surprise me at all. They're making an example out of these guys.
    ManofGod and RKDfan like this.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

This is bs. Indefinatly? come on now. Talk about making him an example. jeeze.

Holt Your Horses is offline Registered User

Just tried to check out what the saints fans thought.. every forum i went to was down! they must be going mad
    Defence Wins Championships

RKDfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DE_Ramfan View Post
    While cheating in the Superbowl is more egregious on some levels I think with all the emphasis the NFL is putting on player safety they were going to take this a lot more serious. This doesn't surprise me at all. They're making an example out of these guys.
    That's what I was thinking as well.

Holt Your Horses is offline Registered User

Another thought i just had.. does this mean spags will be a head coach again???
    live4ramin and codeman123 like this.
    Defence Wins Championships

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang View Post
    You have to wonder why cheating in the biggest game of the season doesn't warrant the same punishment.
    Because to Goodell, the integrity of the game itself isn't as important as the integrity of "player safety".

Geez, I hate that man.

What a horrible sports day so far. I hear Tebow is traded to New York, virtually guaranteeing me that I'll have to hear about him even more.

Now this. I'm very curious on what the plan is now regarding the defense.
    Tampa_Ram and ZiaRam like this.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang View Post

Belicheat is a special case obviously. (Moral relativists feel free to point out how its okay to cheat in the SB but its not okay to do so in the regular season)

An indefinite punishment is garbage, either ban him for life or ban him for the year. What is Williams going to do in his year off that mitigates a life ban?
    Exactly. Goodell's hypocrisy knows no bounds. If there was ever any doubt about the special treatment the Patriot franchise receives, need look no further than here and now.

As for the Rams, it's a set back, but Dave McGinnis will fill in almost seamlessly. I just hope that Fisher/Kroenke do not feed into the Goodell hypocrisy by firing Williams.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Jim Thomas reporting that Dave McGinnis is the likely successor at defensive coordinator, but don't rule out DB coach Chuck Cecil.

https://twitter.com/#!/jthom1/status/182516544683778048
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast