Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: breaking news !!!!!!!! Greg Williams won't coach this season for the Rams.

mh-i is offline Registered User

Re: breaking news !!!!!!!! Greg Williams won't coach this season for the Rams.

Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    It really comes down to the cover-up. The extent of the cover-up after Goodell warned them is why this suspension was big
    No doubt. Watergate revisted. Liars.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by GROUND DOG 39 View Post
    My initial anger at his suspension was fueled by my misunderstanding of the word "indefinitely." I first assumed it as a life time ban.
    From what I've read, Goodell is going to re-evaluate in a year partly based on Williams' continued full cooperation with the ongoing investigation. I'm not sure if that entails naming other coaches and players who participated in the bounty program, but I can't imagine doing that will endear him with players and coaches in the future.

In a sense, it looks to me like the NFL is blackmailing Williams by holding his NFL career over his head while making him help them do their dirty work. As long as he's a good boy, keeps his mouth shut outside of the investigation, sticks with his full confession, and helps them get what they want, he "might" be able to resume coaching. Not sure it's worth it.

From a Washington Post article:

His case will be reviewed after the 2012 season, the league announced, and his possible reinstatement will depend in part on his level of cooperation with further proceedings.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    From what I've read, Goodell is going to re-evaluate in a year partly based on Williams' continued full cooperation with the ongoing investigation. I'm not sure if that entails naming other coaches and players who participated in the bounty program, but I can't imagine doing that will endear him with players and coaches in the future.

In a sense, it looks to me like the NFL is blackmailing Williams by holding his NFL career over his head while making him help them do their dirty work. As long as he's a good boy, keeps his mouth shut outside of the investigation, sticks with his full confession, and helps them get what they want, he "might" be able to resume coaching. Not sure it's worth it.

From a Washington Post article:
    Oh God, the plot thickens doesnt it. It looks like G. Williams has definitely met his match in Roger Goodell. Its difficult to see Williams becoming the star witness in his own case. Goodell would love this, but I highly doubt Williams will feel the same way. I guess if William's loves the game, as much as I think he does. Then jumping through hoops for Roger Goodell is a possibility.? But like you say Mike, is it really worth it to Williams.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

I gotta say, Williams and Fisher are supposedly close friends. If Williams took the job without telling Fisher about his ongoing investigation with the NFL, it's cause to be fired IMO. I'm sure if Fisher had known, he wouldn't have put the franchise through this. Disrespectful of Williams not to disclose it.

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Vis View Post
    But it was Williams' idea and he lied to the league. As a Ram's fan, do you want the risk of Williams on the team?
    It was Williams' idea. However, he was doing it with the full knowledge, and blessing of the HC, AND the Saints were lying about it to the NFL. So, I still think that his punishment should be no more severe than the HC. If the NFL wants to go with an indefinite suspension for Williams, then Peyton should've gotten the same. That's all I'm saying. As for "risking" having Williams with the Rams, I think it's VERY unlikely that Williams will try this system again if reinstated.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

NJ Ramsfan1 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    I gotta say, Williams and Fisher are supposedly close friends. If Williams took the job without telling Fisher about his ongoing investigation with the NFL, it's cause to be fired IMO. I'm sure if Fisher had known, he wouldn't have put the franchise through this. Disrespectful of Williams not to disclose it.
    I think the Rams will eventually sever ties with Gregg Williams when this entire episode calms down. His indefinite suspension and association with what has turned into a cause celebre for Roger Goodell makes him an unattractive candidate to coach on an NFL staff. The Rams have already moved forward- as they need to- and Williams will be no more than a brief footnote in the history of the Rams organization.

mh-i is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    I think the Rams will eventually sever ties with Gregg Williams when this entire episode calms down.
    Agreed.........................

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    I think the Rams will eventually sever ties with Gregg Williams when this entire episode calms down. His indefinite suspension and association with what has turned into a cause celebre for Roger Goodell makes him an unattractive candidate to coach on an NFL staff. The Rams have already moved forward- as they need to- and Williams will be no more than a brief footnote in the history of the Rams organization.
    Good points. As of now, Williams is banned from the league, and can maybe earn his way back in. It makes no sense for the Rams to have any ties to him. I would not be surprised if he was quietly asked to resign.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456