Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

BREAKING NEWS: Rams, Bradford agree on six-year $78 million deal w/$50 mil guaranteed

From Jay Glazer...

Breaking news: Rams agree w bradford on 6 year deal worth 86 million including 50 million guaranteed! 1 minute ago via UberTwitter
    From Chris Mortensen...

Sam Bradford becomes 1st 50 million dollar guarantee in NFL (6 year with max of 86 million) 2 minutes ago via Who Say
    From Adam Schefter...

Filed to ESPN: Rams reached agreement w/ Sam Bradford on a six-year, $78 million deal with $86 mil max value that includes $50 million gtd. half a minute ago via ÜberTwitter

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: BREAKING: Rams, Bradford agree on six-year, $78 million deal, $50 mil guaranteed

It's about time. Now lets get this guy in training camp and lets get this project rolling.

thoey is offline Registered User

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Rams, Bradford agree on six-year $78 million deal w/$50 mil guaran

From Foxsports:

The No. 1 pick of the NFL draft has agreed to terms. FOXSports.com has learned the St. Louis Rams and Sam Bradford have agreed to a six-year deal worth a reported $86 million.

The deal includes a stunning $50 million in guaranteed money.

The deal is not yet signed but agreed upon in principle.

Bradford was the top pick of the 2010 draft after a stellar career at the University of Oklahoma.
    This space for rent...

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: BREAKING: Rams, Bradford agree on six-year, $78 million deal, $50 mil guaranteed

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    It's about time. Now lets get this guy in training camp and lets get this project rolling.
    Absolutely. Get the project rolling, then producing. I'm looking forward to Bradford earning all the incentives.

BM_Face is offline Registered User

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Rams, Bradford agree on six-year $78 million deal w/$50 mil guaran

I like the six year deal. This may be the last of the big Rookie contracts, but I am glad it is ours. Let's put some air under that ball son!
    A defeated look of consternation, dissappointment, or even pain. The name derives from the look one often gets when challenged by a large BM.

refjaf55 is offline Registered User

Springfield Rams is offline Registered User

Time to start living up to the deal.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Everyone's locked in and ready to go for the first full training camp session. Well done, Front Office.

Can't wait for training camp news/notes to start flowing in. The offseason is officially OVER!

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Hell, it's about time!
    Anyways this better be the last time a rookie gets paid like this and Sam to me looks like a guy who wouldn't mind getting paid $20-30 million guaranteed, it just looks like his greedy agent Tom Condon wants to exploit the current NFL system.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

So not signing pre-draft cost us $5 to 6 million.

You know, if I cost my company that much I'd be fired. Kevin Demoff, on the other hand, gets hailed as a crafty negotiator.

/No way Bradford ever earns this contract. Or signs another one this big in his life.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Ridiculously glad all this is over. Demoff was getting slammed on 101 by everyone from Bernie to the Fast Lane as if it was all his fault. Hard to sign the ink on 50 million guaranteed but at least he was able to avoid reaching the 100 mill mark.

I'll be attending the Rams first full squad practice tomorrow and am looking forward to it. I'll be sure to post some pictures and notes if possible.

That will likely be one of my last post in around 2 and half months as i leave for basic training monday night.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

50 mil just makes me wonder what amount the conversation started at unless it took the Rams months to budge. Couldn't be more happy the deal got done, but thats alot of money to live up to and I think he will.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    Hell, it's about time!
    Anyways this better be the last time a rookie gets paid like this and Sam to me looks like a guy who wouldn't mind getting paid $20-30 million guaranteed, it just looks like his greedy agent Tom Condon wants to exploit the current NFL system.
    If the going rate for your job was $60,000, would you be happy to take $30,000 for it, at a crappy workplace, just because you like doing the job?

I didn't think so.

It might not be fair to every other person in the league, but that's the current system and Bradford worked his butt off in college to be worthy of that first pick to make the absurd amounts of millions he's about to receive. Despite all of the "I want to get into camp on time and become the starter" talk, he still wants all the money that he can get. If he didn't mind playing for $20-30 million, he'd have been signed as soon as he met with the Rams the first time at the combine.
    I believe!

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

I'm curious to what 86 million dollars would have bought in free agency or trades for lower draft picks. That seems like an awful lot of money for a guy we may not be able to protect...
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

MACD is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    Ridiculously glad all this is over. Demoff was getting slammed on 101 by everyone from Bernie to the Fast Lane as if it was all his fault. Hard to sign the ink on 50 million guaranteed but at least he was able to avoid reaching the 100 mill mark.

I'll be attending the Rams first full squad practice tomorrow and am looking forward to it. I'll be sure to post some pictures and notes if possible.

That will likely be one of my last post in around 2 and half months as i leave for basic training monday night.

Whoa Bralidore...God bless you in the service of your country man. Surely Sam will be starting by the time you get out of basic...good luck.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast