throwback week

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Breaking news: Rams release holt

Quote Originally Posted by KoaKoi View Post
    Really sorry he wouldn't restructure.
    Yeah, it's too bad because he could have definitely helped the team this year(albeit in a different role), but obviously he just wanted out of St. Louis. I wish him nothing but continued success.

Mooselini Guest

It's a very sad day for Rams nation. But we are moving forward.

I can't wait for his number to be retired.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Indeed, the end of a very special era in the history of the Rams.

Thanks Torry for all those great catches / games / numbers. And character. A respectful Rams salute to you!

07McCarthy Guest

Just think, we could of had the titans 1st rounder for him.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Its in the best interests of both parties and I'm glad it seems to have been settled amicably.

Torry wanted out and the Rams didn't make him wait past the point of being better able to find a new team.

Not a sad day, more of a new beginning for both parties and I wish them both the very best of course.

HornIt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    Aww maaan......you had to bring that up. Pun intended because my lunch was nearly reborn anew at the thought.

Feb 3 is my birthday...

The 2002 step along this mortal coil is a day that will live in infamy and indigestion.

Of course he'll be remembered as a great Ram but it was time for Big Game to be gone.

The way I see it, the fact that neither Pace nor Holt were really substantially rumored in the trade market adds strong evidence that DeSpags made the right choice about their cost/value, given the circumstances.

I hope they'll both get a chance to contribute somewhere and end their careers on a positive note before coming home to roost, wearing their Ram colors in The HOF.
    Heck of a birthday gift.

I'm sure Pace and Holt will find a place to close out their careers and as long as it doesn't cost the Rams, best of luck to them. We won't need to worry about colors at the HOF though because the only color there is yellow, as in the yellow jacket. Players don't go into the NFL HOF under any specific team affiliation as they do MLB.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyramsfan
    We will never see an offense like the Greatest Show ever again.
    Depends on what you mean by we. The Rams may not have another offense like the GSOT again in our lifetimes, but as football fans we'll see an offense like it again. In fact, already did. The Patriots 07' offense.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Farewell Torry Holt ...

I have mixed emotions over this. Holt, of course, is amongst some of my favorite Rams players of all time, but in past years, as some have mentioned, his act began wearing thin with me ....

I think the biggest problem of all was that Holt was spoiled. He entered the league and was thrown straight into a Super Bowl champion. It was all downhill from there for him. His numbers improved, he became a star in the league, a HOF'er, but he never saw the same success again ....

Losing seemed to wear on Holt, and became total frustration the past two years. This could happen to even the greatest and mild-mannered of players I assume, but it really showed in Holt. I think at some point as his skills diminished and his attitude waned, his value in the locker room drastically began to decline. There was no better time for him to go than now ....

For me, I think Isaac Bruce is my favorite Ram of all-time. Every week, there are two former Rams I check up in to see how they are doing: Warner and Bruce. But Bruce is head and shoulders above the rest in my opinion. Is there is a better consummate athlete walking the face of the earth today or ever?

I don't know if I'll check up on Holt like that, and I am not sure why. I don't know exactly what about him rubbed me the wrong way but it was something ...

I wish Holt nothing but the best and I hope he finishes his career a winner, as long as it is not at our expense ...

But in the lore of Ram greats that hold a special place in my heart, Holt just doesn't make the final cut ....

rayzorram is offline Registered User

Torry has and always will be regarded amongst not only the Rams organization but also the NFL as truly the best in what you would expect to represent to the fans and to society in general. It goes without saying that as a ram fan I understand the logistics and rational of the whole process of cutting Holt and Pace but it some strange sort of way it also feels like a funeral of sorts . But like every true Ram fan we have been through plenty of disappointing lows like today but thankfully can remember many awesome memories that these two players have given us. See you in the HALL OF FAME!!!!! Rayzorram

blood85 Guest

Somewhat disappointed, but we need to move forward, the future of the team depends on making DIFFICULT moves.

Torry Holt is offline Registered User

Look at my screen name, I'm a great fan of Torry and I want to thank him for his tenure with the Rams. I hope he'll play for a contender the next year.
    Good luck Torry !
    Si vous croyez en vous, que vous avez de la fierté, et que vous ne lâchez jamais, vous serez un gagnant.
    Le prix de la victoire est chère, mais la récompense en vaut la peine.

rob6465 is offline Registered User

Sad because Holt gave alot to team but we have to move forward. I love Avery, think he is one of the top 3 fastest players in the league. I need Bulger to step up and show he is a very good QB and put up the numbers he did in 06, those were brady, manning numbers. Hope we draft a good OT and wish we had a decent young QB. With Spags, we should be in hunt very soon.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Torry has done a great job for us and will always be one of my favorite recievers of all time. He was calm, classy and great at what he did. It sucks to say goodbye to him and wish he couldve stayed around a few more years to be our veteran reciever to help pass his wisdom on but i guess when you have a regime that aims for a youthful team your vets must go to make room.

You will never be forgotten to the Ram fans Mr. Holt. All the best in the future.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Thanks for the memories, Good luck to you and your family. Its good to know you will go into the hall of fame with a Rams jersey.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

10 years with the Rams. It is sad to see him go but I am not surprised.

Thanks for all good plays, good catches, touchdowns Torry. Best wishes for the future. As someone else has said, please don't play on a division rival team.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rams2061 Guest

Now, the Rams need to get rid of Bulger and they can get back to their winning ways.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123