Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Ramer is offline Registered User

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Rams release OT Orlando Pace

I'm going to miss Pace, but I think it was a good more. We need to start getting younger.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I think the Rams need a mixture of the two with more money going younger hopefully. Hate to keep bringing this team up but you cannot argue with their success. The Patriots seem to find one or two aging veterans that they sign to a one year contract that help them all year. Look for the Rams to possibly sign a cagey veteran to play O line.

Ramer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    I think the Rams need a mixture of the two with more money going younger hopefully. Hate to keep bringing this team up but you cannot argue with their success. The Patriots seem to find one or two aging veterans that they sign to a one year contract that help them all year. Look for the Rams to possibly sign a cagey veteran to play O line.
    You got a good point about the Patriots.

viper is offline Registered User

It is hard to see him go. He has been a great Ram to watch man the blind side. It was pretty much expected due to cap considerations. But, as much as I would have liked to see him stay, I can' help but be relieved that someone will be manning the spot that is hopefully less injury prone. Those two consecutive years when Pace went down for the season really made me concerned about his durability at this juncture of his career.

I wish him the best. Thanks for everything, Orlando.

Go Rams!!!

rayzorram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolRamFan View Post
    As others have already noted, definitely no surprise. He is the definite unfortunate casualty of the current youth movement. His cap number alone represents approximately the entire number needed for the incoming draft class. While it always hurts to see such a historically productive member of the team (especially grown within the organization) leave, it almost always eventually happens. I wish him well in the remaining years of his career, and it will be even easier to wish him GREAT success so long as he does not continue his career within the NFC West. And with that being said, we may soon be welcoming Mr. Monroe or Mr. Smith (hopefully for a tenured and successful stay).
    I have to admit that over the last several months my allegiance to the being loyal to Orlando Pace wanted him also to stay , but realisticallly he just hasn't been the same type of Pro Bowl caliber player we come to appreciate in the past. The obvious decison was to make room and save 6 million under the cap. I have to agree with Oldschoolramfan that we will be seeing in my opinion Eugene Monroe. I have even entertained the thought of the Rams going with Mark Sanchez , what do you think?
    Last edited by rayzorram; -03-11-2009 at 03:54 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234