BernieM is offline Registered User

Breaking News: What John Shaw Is Having For Lunch Today

Reprinted from "Bernie's Litterbox"

----------------

10:02 a.m.

Given recent trouble with heavier lunch items, most believe that Shaw will go with lite fare today. The cobb salad, ceasar salad and steamed veggie platter are all reported to be in the running.

--B

----------------

10:32 a.m

Early reports have the cobb salad as the frontrunner, though there are concerns that it might not be available at lunchtime.

--B

----------------

10:40

In a surprising turn of events, the lasagna has emerged as a contender. While it clearly is not "lite fare," there seems to be a real plan to get some quality lite side dishes with the lasagna if it is the choice.

--B

----------------

11:03

A mystery menu item is now apparently being considered. My guess is that it might be the turkey club.

--B

----------------

11:14

National reports that Shaw is considering the chicken soft tacos are entirely inaccuarate. They are not even on the list of potential choices.

--B

----------------

11:17

The shrimp scampi, originally thought to be unavailable, are now apparently being considered.

--B

----------------

11:38

I'm on the phone with a source in the kitchen who may have some breaking news. I'll get back to you soon on this.

--B

----------------

11:42

The shrimp scampi has been withdrawn from consideration. It turns out that they are not available at this time.

--B

-----------------

John Hadley has reported that John Shaw may have, in fact, brought a brown bag lunch. While Hadley is a dear friend, I think he's off the mark on this one.

--B

-----------------

There is now word that Shaw might be going with the grilled salmon plate. Let me know if anyone else reports this. I don't want anyone poaching my scoop.

--B

-----------------

I'll have more on this emerging story soon.

--B

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Breaking News: What John Shaw Is Having For Lunch Today

I'm on the phone with a source in the kitchen who may have some breaking news. I'll get back to you soon on this.

--B
    The funny thing is this one actually did happen. There's a thread started by Bernie in his forum that tells everyone he's on the phone with a big development. He then asks all his Bernites to be patient and he'll be back shortly with the news. The thread carries on for 12 or 13 pages of his Bernites just chomping at the bit to find out what big news Bernie has uncovered. Then out of nowhere, Bernie comes back that Armey is out of the loop and Bernie had a turkey sandwich before bed. THAT was the big development.

I think he tried to cover his "big development" by starting a thread that said Cameron was in the running (a name we've been hearing for two weeks now) and Kiffen isn't leaving Tampa (a fact we've known for years).

Bernie has his thing and that's fine. He has his Bernites that worship him on his forum and that's fine, too. To each their own. But when they can spend 13 pages (and an entire night of sleeplessness) waiting for Bernie to tell them he had a turkey sandwich for a midnight snack.........I just have to laugh.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I think you're being a bit to harsh HUb... was it Boar's Head turkey? LOL

rampete is offline Registered User

nicely done...very entertaining...

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

This just in, Rich Kotite is being interviewed on Sunday; Sources close to Shaw say that Georgia and Kotite once had a fling. If anyone else has heard of this, please call me on my mobile; I'll be at Taco Bell.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey