Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rams 24/7 is offline Registered User

Brian Billick as Head Coach?

Would it be a good step if Chip fired Linehan and tryed to replace him with Brian Billick. He is a coach of Defense which I think we need more than anything else.

punahou is offline Registered User

Re: Brian Billick as Head Coach?

please no Billick.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rams 24/7 View Post
    Would it be a good step if Chip fired Linehan and tryed to replace him with Brian Billick. He is a coach of Defense which I think we need more than anything else.
    Actually he's an offensive coach.

PossumBoy9 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rams 24/7 View Post
    He was an offensive coordinator.

Obviously, I'm sure he picked up an appreciation for defense during his tenure in Baltimore.

rams 24/7 is offline Registered User

Well he had the #1 Defense ever since he became there Head Coach.

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Billick was HC in Baltimore forever and he had all kinds of Control - yet he could never generate a consistent offense and he couldn't even find a QB.

Look over the QB's he selected and brought in - and how they performed.

He didn't have 3 years either - he had a long time.

I think there's a reason no one else has offered him a HC position.

THEFIELDGOAL is offline Registered User

We need to give the job to Ellard. he deserves it. Look at Jim Harbaugh in BALTIMORE.
    Ellard would at least be given the opportunity. Or Get Dennis Green. Or Jim Mora JR
    or Mike Martz. get someone quick to fix this train wreck.
    THE FIELD GOAL

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

you could argue over what he done in Baltimore..he did have some success there for sure.but when a HC loses his team,whilst still hired in that role..the question marks against his leadership skills will remain a blight on his C.V. for years to come...Linny will find this out for himself!

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by THEFIELDGOAL View Post
    We need to give the job to Ellard. he deserves it. Look at Jim Harbaugh in BALTIMORE.
    Ellard would at least be given the opportunity. Or Get Dennis Green. Or Jim Mora JR
    or Mike Martz. get someone quick to fix this train wreck.
    Jim Mora jr is taking over from the Walrus in Seattle,if i recall correctly..

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Billick had good teams because of Baltimore's long time DC, Rex(or is it Rob?) Ryan. Ryan's defense keeps the Ravens in games and allowed them to win the Super Bowl by strangling opposing offenses and winning the field position battle, which then allowed the offense to rely on Jamal Lewis and the power run game.

Personally, I think Ryan would be the ideal candidate for HC to keep with Saunders as OC, because both are established guys who have proven track records. The problem with Saunders this year is that the team has simply given up it seems. The bonus would be switching to the 3-4 for everyone who wants that.

PARamfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Billick had good teams because of Baltimore's long time DC, Rex(or is it Rob?) Ryan. Ryan's defense keeps the Ravens in games and allowed them to win the Super Bowl by strangling opposing offenses and winning the field position battle, which then allowed the offense to rely on Jamal Lewis and the power run game.

Personally, I think Ryan would be the ideal candidate for HC to keep with Saunders as OC, because both are established guys who have proven track records. The problem with Saunders this year is that the team has simply given up it seems. The bonus would be switching to the 3-4 for everyone who wants that.
    I believe the DC for that great SB champion defense was Marvin Lewis current HC of the Bengals.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Is Ray Malavasi available?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PARamfan View Post
    I believe the DC for that great SB champion defense was Marvin Lewis current HC of the Bengals.

Yes, he was, I believe. Then he became HC in Cincy. I don't think there was a coach in between Lewis and Ryan, but I could be wrong. Ryan comes from a good pedigree- his dad was my all time favorite defensive coordinator and if he didn't neglect the offense so much, probably would have been a great head coach. Ever since Ryan has been DC, Baltimore has been a very good defense. But what people said about Billick is correct- he was brought in as an offensive guru and could never ever get a decent offense on the field- the Superbowl victory was completely on the defense and good game management by Trent Dilfer. As a matter of fact, wasn't our HC brought in because he was supposed to be an offensive guru and has continued to fail miserably in that dept? There's parallels between Bellick and Linehan- except Bellick was blessed with good defensive coorinators and we got Hasbeenlet.

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    Jim Mora jr is taking over from the Walrus in Seattle,if i recall correctly..
    You do recall correctly. Dennis Green, no sir, the guy can't win, and Ellard may deserve the chance but now it not the time for another experiment. COWHER,COWHER,COWHER,COWHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PARamfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    Yes, he was, I believe. Then he became HC in Cincy. I don't think there was a coach in between Lewis and Ryan, but I could be wrong. Ryan comes from a good pedigree- his dad was my all time favorite defensive coordinator and if he didn't neglect the offense so much, probably would have been a great head coach. Ever since Ryan has been DC, Baltimore has been a very good defense. But what people said about Billick is correct- he was brought in as an offensive guru and could never ever get a decent offense on the field- the Superbowl victory was completely on the defense and good game management by Trent Dilfer. As a matter of fact, wasn't our HC brought in because he was supposed to be an offensive guru and has continued to fail miserably in that dept? There's parallels between Bellick and Linehan- except Bellick was blessed with good defensive coorinators and we got Hasbeenlet.
    Buddy Ryan was the Anti-Martz and vice-versa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast