Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Brian Billick as Head Coach?

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    Is Ray Malavasi available?
    he`s brown bread (dead) unfortunately..died in 1987.

bigredman Guest

Billick? Is is because of all those thrilling offenses he developed. His ability to spot talent at quarterback? A defense that was centered around one linebacker and now that he's getting old, doesn't stop anyone? Hmmmmmm...now compare him with......

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

well as Brian Billick seems to be happy enough hanging out at laker games with Ice-cube ...

i guess we just gonna have to settle on EVERYONE`s second choice...

punahou is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by makersncoke View Post
    You do recall correctly. Dennis Green, no sir, the guy can't win, and Ellard may deserve the chance but now it not the time for another experiment. COWHER,COWHER,COWHER,COWHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    When the Rams got rid of Martz, the offense was still potent. At that point they made the strange hire of Linewho-- an offense minded coach.

It was a mind-boggling hire as they passed on the Bears D guru Ron Riveira. The Rams at that point needed Defense to complement their offense, and to this date 2 things have happened.

1) their defense has gotten progressively worse

2) their offense has been infected by the PWS (progessively worse syndrome) as well

The Rams of today now need it all.

It has been my contention that Defense wins games, and as such, it is easier to get a team to play better defense than offense. (hence why at the various levels of football, the defense is always slightly ahead of the offense as far as performing as a unit)

The Rams truly need a defense-minded head coach, and then bring in a great offensive coordinator (I do think Al Saunders can do the job).

Marty is a great coach that has proven over and over he can build winners.

All of Marty's teams have had suberb defenses

KC with Derrick THomas
    Cleveland with Clay Matthews The 2 ILB Jonhsons, Hairston etc...
    SD-- well we all know how they are (Norv Turnaround for the Worse though is making sure that team crumbles)

and all of Marty's teams-- win.

IMO Id rather have someone who has gone thru the rebuilding process

SUCCESSFULLY to lead this team, than to go with unprovens or medirocre prior HC like some here have mentioned..

Coweher is interseting, but I cant see him coming the Rams.

In any case, whoeverthe next HC is, the braintrust also has to overhaul.

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    When the Rams got rid of Martz, the offense was still potent. At that point they made the strange hire of Linewho-- an offense minded coach.

It was a mind-boggling hire as they passed on the Bears D guru Ron Riveira. The Rams at that point needed Defense to complement their offense, and to this date 2 things have happened.

1) their defense has gotten progressively worse

2) their offense has been infected by the PWS (progessively worse syndrome) as well

The Rams of today now need it all.

It has been my contention that Defense wins games, and as such, it is easier to get a team to play better defense than offense. (hence why at the various levels of football, the defense is always slightly ahead of the offense as far as performing as a unit)

The Rams truly need a defense-minded head coach, and then bring in a great offensive coordinator (I do think Al Saunders can do the job).

Marty is a great coach that has proven over and over he can build winners.

All of Marty's teams have had suberb defenses

KC with Derrick THomas
    Cleveland with Clay Matthews The 2 ILB Jonhsons, Hairston etc...
    SD-- well we all know how they are (Norv Turnaround for the Worse though is making sure that team crumbles)

and all of Marty's teams-- win.

IMO Id rather have someone who has gone thru the rebuilding process

SUCCESSFULLY to lead this team, than to go with unprovens or medirocre prior HC like some here have mentioned..

Coweher is interseting, but I cant see him coming the Rams.

In any case, whoeverthe next HC is, the braintrust also has to overhaul.
    I agree with your points and Marty would be a fine choice, my only thing with Marty is that he has'nt been able to get over that last hurdle. That is getting to and winning a super bowl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

blood85 Guest

I say, bring in the CHIN, Bill Cowher!!!

Quote Originally Posted by makersncoke View Post
    I agree with your points and Marty would be a fine choice, my only thing with Marty is that he has'nt been able to get over that last hurdle. That is getting to and winning a super bowl.

Thats correct, but I do have faith that this person can GET the team to the point where they can reasonably think about the play-offs and superbowl.

Im not sold on Cowher-- Jimmy Johnson was HC at Dallas, and well PIttsburgh has proven that Linewho can coach there and somehow be successful.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

NO to Billick and no To Cowher!!

A: T'is a reason why Billick isn't coaching today--you would ahve thought the Raiders would have found a home for him since they seem to collect the NFL's misfits. But more to the point as mentioned in these posts, he couldn't find a QB in all the time he was in Baltimore. Looking at his offensive schemes being devoid of an affective QB he was neither creative nor affective on offense.

B: Cowher, how long did he stick with Cordell Stewart (a.k.a. Slash)? He had to be right regardless of the evidence that he needed someone else. Those where lost years. His ego would prevent him from making changes, because he KNOWS because he is a successful HC. And how long did it take him to get a team to the Superbowl anyhow?

Both Cowher and Billick have one critical weakness. They get stuck on stupid. As an assistent HC Cowher I think would be a great add, but with him its the captains chair or nothing--EGO!

If one had to have Billick, I would say linesmen coach. He at least knew how to put together an offensive line to capitalize on running the ball and could pass protect.

What the Rams need is someone who can think outside of the box...take what assets he has and apply them to devastating affect. But mostly the Rams don't need a HC with a hard mind set and mold and force the team to meet it. Honestly, I think the success of 2000 was a happy accident--Vermil/martz seen what they had and went with it. Who having watched the Rams previous seasons before 2000, had any clue the GSOT was what they where striving for. If not for K. Warner becoming the QB at the right time and moment of the Rams talent, GSOT would likely not have been

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
    NO to Billick and no To Cowher!!

A: T'is a reason why Billick isn't coaching today--you would ahve thought the Raiders would have found a home for him since they seem to collect the NFL's misfits. But more to the point as mentioned in these posts, he couldn't find a QB in all the time he was in Baltimore. Looking at his offensive schemes being devoid of an affective QB he was neither creative nor affective on offense.

B: Cowher, how long did he stick with Cordell Stewart (a.k.a. Slash)? He had to be right regardless of the evidence that he needed someone else. Those where lost years. His ego would prevent him from making changes, because he KNOWS because he is a successful HC. And how long did it take him to get a team to the Superbowl anyhow?

Both Cowher and Billick have one critical weakness. They get stuck on stupid. As an assistent HC Cowher I think would be a great add, but with him its the captains chair or nothing--EGO!

If one had to have Billick, I would say linesmen coach. He at least knew how to put together an offensive line to capitalize on running the ball and could pass protect.

What the Rams need is someone who can think outside of the box...take what assets he has and apply them to devastating affect. But mostly the Rams don't need a HC with a hard mind set and mold and force the team to meet it. Honestly, I think the success of 2000 was a happy accident--Vermil/martz seen what they had and went with it. Who having watched the Rams previous seasons before 2000, had any clue the GSOT was what they where striving for. If not for K. Warner becoming the QB at the right time and moment of the Rams talent, GSOT would likely not have been
    not true as far as the Rams Offensive scheme prior to Warner.

Trent Green was putting up the same numbers in the pre-season prior to his injury. It was definately the System-- and say what we will about Martz--- his best coaching is done where he is at now:

Offensive Coordinator

he proved it last year with the Lions and is doing this year with the sigh 49rs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12