Thread: Brian Leonard

itsguud is offline Registered User

Brian Leonard

Hey I was just wondering if anyone here has heard/seen anything of this player yet this year. Like has he bulked up? Put on some size? Or worked on his blocking skills?

I am still routing for this guy to be the next great FB in the league like a Alstott, Neal type guy. But he made need some of the MLB juice before this happens .

Anyway, if anyone has any info I'd appreciate it.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Brian Leonard

We won't hear much about Leonard until camp starts, The last article on him was quite awhile back. The official line is that he'll be more versatile this year playing some fullback and halfback with appearances on special teams as well. He started last year weighing 226 lbs., now he's around 235.
    STLtoday - Brian Leonard set for all-purpose duty

Fact is we won't know much about his role until pre-season games start. He may yet prove to be a solid NFL player, but it is unlikely he'll justify being drafted in the 2nd rd by the Rams any time soon if ever. Hopefully Saunders will find a way to maximise the talents he possesses. It is hard to envision him as a Lorenzo Neal type blocking back, as his talents appear to lie in other areas at this point. One thing seems sure: he'll try his hardest to do whatever the Rams ask him to do as his great attitude is undoubtedly one of his best assets ..

Keenum is offline Registered User

Same here. Haven't heard much, but I believe I read where he had bulked up a bit and was going to be used as a blocking fullback more than last year, as well as reserve RB and some special teams.

He and Jackson together in the backfield would be great because they are both good receivers. Saunders should fine a way to take advantage of that.

shower beers is offline Registered User

I still can't get over taking him that early, but it doesn't matter now...

I hope he can develop like everyone says, but I think Pittman will make the pass and become our number two, which makes me quite happy

Keenum is offline Registered User

I knew we'd get a RB, but sure didn't expect it to be with our second round pick. But they got a guy with a great attitude and work ethic, so I wasn't really upset with it.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Keenum View Post
    [BL] and Jackson together in the backfield would be great because they are both good receivers. Saunders should fine a way to take advantage of that.

Excellent observation, and I agree.

Guud, I too have been rooting for Leonard; was all excited last year about acquiring him as I believe in him. // As Keenum noted, however, I hope Coach Saunders finds the best ways to take full advantage of the skills our running game will offer in 2008 (include Pittman in a powerful mix / potential).

Leonard might be a strong part of a Rams "secret weapon" so he may remain low key.

itsguud is offline Registered User

Excellent points guys. Although I am really routing for him to become a top FB. If we can use him in some other manner as this all the more power to us.

I feel like talent is common, many people possess it, only some utilize it. But an attitude like Leonard's is hard to find.

We may have taken him early, but I think having even just that attitude in the locker room is worth the weight of this pick.

newbetterbucs07 Guest

He is a very good player and I am glad to see the Rams draft him last year. I am a Rutgers fan and I watched him a lot in college. He should be a great player for us.