CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

Brian Leonard and Rookie class rankings at RB

check this site out..

http://www.fftoday.com/articles/wald...ookies_rbs.htm

Brian Leonard was ranked number 3

This is what they had to say about Brian......

Yes, the Rutgers fullback ceded time to Ray Rice, but it's because he knew he could make the team better with two great options on the field rather than one. He's highly versatile as a runner, blocker, and receiver. He has excellent power and 4.5 speed. He also leaps tall defenders in a single bound--seriously. Leonard was one of the best players I graded LAST YEAR. He's still one of the best in 2007..

viper is offline Registered User

Re: Brian Leonard and Rookie class rankings at RB

Nice find, Crazyhorns! Its funny, I never heard of Leonard before the draft. Now I think he was a great pickup. It appears the media thinks so as well. This offense is going to have so many weapons the only way we will be stopped is if we stop ourselves with mental mistakes.

Stone Cold Tavon Austin is offline Registered User

hes going to be a good back throughout the years. All i hope is he doesnt try that leap thing in the pros hes gonna get killed. I watched him at rutgers and he was a stud and it will carry on to the pros.

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

The site has some pretty interesting stats past and future projections.......

If your into fantasy football check it out......

I did not like the Leonard pick only because I wanted another DL..... THe more I read and hear about this guy the more impress I become. Lets just hope it translate to on the field performance.......

GO RAMS

prof22693 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHORNS View Post
    The site has some pretty interesting stats past and future projections.......

If your into fantasy football check it out......

I did not like the Leonard pick only because I wanted another DL..... THe more I read and hear about this guy the more impress I become. Lets just hope it translate to on the field performance.......

GO RAMS
    Yeah, but there weren't too many great DL-men left we would of wanted to pick, and by the way things are going with Wroten/Ryan/Carriker, we should be good for now.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by prof22693 View Post
    Yeah, but there weren't too many great DL-men left we would of wanted to pick, and by the way things are going with Wroten/Ryan/Carriker, we should be good for now.
    Tim Crowder, Victor Abiamiri, Dan Bazuin, Quentin Moses... I don't know if you can say there weren't many there. Were they great? We won't know for a while, but I had everyone except Bazuin as being good value there.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Three
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Tim Crowder, Victor Abiamiri, Dan Bazuin, Quentin Moses... I don't know if you can say there weren't many there. Were they great? We won't know for a while, but I had everyone except Bazuin as being good value there.
    This is probably a true statement, Nick: what I believe happened is that the Rams had B. Leonard rated appreciably higher than any of these D-Line prospects, and subsequently chose him even though it was not a pressing "need" at the time. This thought process is just about the only way I've been able to come grips with this selection since the day it happened.

WHAT SAY YE?

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    This is probably a true statement, Nick: what I believe happened is that the Rams had B. Leonard rated appreciably higher than any of these D-Line prospects, and subsequently chose him even though it was not a pressing "need" at the time. This thought process is just about the only way I've been able to come grips with this selection since the day it happened.
    Oh I agree, Leonard was in all likelihood high on the Rams' board at that point, perhaps at the top of it. My point was simply that we can't revise history and claim there weren't good DL prospects available as well. The Rams went for more offensive firepower at the expense of DL depth specifically at the end position, and I hope that decision doesn't bite them in the backside. Because it's only going to take one moderate to significant injury to James Hall for us to be back to the days where our outside pass rush was completely dependent on whether or not Leonard Little could get into the backfield.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Three
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    The Rams went for more offensive firepower at the expense of DL depth specifically at the end position, and I hope that decision doesn't bite them in the backside. Because it's only going to take one moderate to significant injury to James Hall for us to be back to the days where our outside pass rush was completely dependent on whether or not Leonard Little could get into the backfield.
    Yep, this situation still concerns me as well. Having Tim Crowder in the mix woud have made me feel a lot better, but we are where we are and I must admit, I absolutely love what Brian Leonard brings to the table and can't wait to see him in action.