Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Brian Quick

Flippin' Ram is online now Registered User

Re: Brian Quick

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I hope he is, but I highly doubt it. Quick reminds me more of an A.J Green. Long and lanky guy, but with less speed than Green.
    AJ Green? That's quite the comparison, I'd say he's more along the lines of Brandon Marshall and T.O.; physical receivers who should compliment our offense through YAC and beating the press coverage.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Bottom line for me as a fan: When your favorite football team drafts a guy in the 2nd round with the 33rd overall pick in the hopes he'll upgrade a major weakness on your ball club and the guy catches 11 balls and has 2 TDs on the year, it's a major disappointment and has me more than a little concerned. One of those catches and TDs came in a game he got an "accidental" start for the suspended Chis Givens.

This certainly doesn't mean he's destined to be a failure the likes of a Mardy Gilyard, but I am not jumping thru hoops thinking the guy is going to have a breakout year in 2013. While our draft was a good one, two guys, Brian Quick and Isaiah Pead, who were selected in the high rounds to help upgrade a terrible offense did absolutely nothing this year.

I hope Quick works hard, masters the playbook and improves by leaps and bounds, showing us the promise Jeff Fisher and Company obviously thought he had when they drafted him. We need him. We need impact guys RIGHT NOW for this offense.
    Last edited by NJ Ramsfan1; -01-05-2013 at 11:29 PM.

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

I still believe in him and i think next season we will see much better production out of him,he has all the skills just needs to learn the playbook and adjust to NFL speed.In Quick i believe

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    AJ Green? That's quite the comparison, I'd say he's more along the lines of Brandon Marshall and T.O.; physical receivers who should compliment our offense through YAC and beating the press coverage.
    I dont mean he is going to be as productive as A.J Green, they just have identical statures. To me T.O And Marshall are much more thick, physical guys. Quick I see as a long strider, fight for the ball kind of guy. I hope he is dominant soon though!

THE DREAM TEAM

macrammer is offline Registered User

I for one will be disappointed if he does not do the necessary work with the playbook and skills required to answer bell next year.....

RealRam is offline Registered User

Agree with most of what has been said here about BQ! So yes, I too like Quick's chances to grow through the learning curve and improve his stats -- become more of a factor in the Rams improving passing game as a steady 2nd string player. Absolutely!

In a way even Torry Holt participates in this thread when he poked on him months ago, encouraging Quick to use his size more (hopefully to become a reliable modern day big type WR, 6-3" / 210 lbs. and up).

I certainly look forward to seeing a more productive Quick in 2013! ...I kind of see it coming.

Last edited by RealRam; -01-06-2013 at 09:09 PM.

Fastcat is offline Registered User

11 catches and 2Tds.... I like that ratio! Atleast we know he can score.

Ramendola16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcat View Post
    11 catches and 2Tds.... I like that ratio! Atleast we know he can score.
    Now the trick is getting him 100 catches and keeping that ratio...

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramendola16 View Post
    Now the trick is getting him 100 catches and keeping that ratio...
    May I make a suggestion, how about we play him! We wasted so many reps on Smith it's sad. The Rams missed on Smith for sure. If they would have spent more time working with Quick and getting him ready during camp and preseason maybe just maybe he would have had more then two TDs.

I don't think he or Givens had played one down in a preseason game with Sam last year.It just felt like there was no urgency to get them up to speed.

richtree is offline Registered User

I think the difference between a good coach like Fisher and our past coaches is that they make sure that players play to their potential. Quick will become a key WR next season.

I think the Rams will find a niche for him too like James Jones on the Packers..
    Vinnie25 likes this.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

It was disappointing to see Quick underwelm, but I thought he showed flashes of why he was taken in the second round. He needs to get his mental focus in order and put in the work to gain the confidence he needs to succeed. I have a good feeling about him.

jmk321 is offline Registered User

Here is an interesting stat from Bill Barnwell at Grantland.com: There have been 27 receivers who were 6-foot-3 or taller taken in the second round of the draft since the merger, and they averaged 18 catches, 262 yards, and two touchdowns as rookies.

Clearly the tall receivers who are taken in the second round are raw and not going to perform at an NFL level because if they were remotely NFL ready then they would have been taken in the first round. We all got suckered in by the Michael Silver article where Quick was called the next T.O. and got our hopes way too high. Quick did what he was expected to do this year and the only thing we can do now is wait and see how he will develop. I, like many here still don't feel too confident about once again leaving the fate of the Rams offense in the hands of a receiver that we hope will one day become a reliable number 1 target. If you told me in 2010 that we would still be having this conversation about giving Bradford receivers then I would've punched something. Hopefully Quick becomes a game changing player but I would like the team to go and get a proven FA wide receiver in case he doesn't.
    Tampa_Ram and sosa39rams like this.

Flippin' Ram is online now Registered User

IMO, Quick will be playing like a #1 receiver when during his third year at the very least. Although I'm hoping we'll see an improvement from his rookie season during his second year.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

I think when it comes to receivers, the Rams are going to go the Green Bay Packers or New Orleans Saints route and distribute the ball to a wide range of playmakers instead of just focusing on 2 or 3 receivers. We honestly don't need Quick to morph into a 100 catch, 1400 yard monster for us (even though it would be nice for us). I'd much rather have him, Amendola, Givens, and a FA/draft pick WR average over 70/75 plus catches a year with 2 of them getting over 1000 yards receiving. Sam looks like the kind of QB who makes quick decisions and could pick apart a defense.

RuffRams is offline Registered User

I'm no where close to giving up on Quick. Expecting over 700 yards next year. And even better 3rd year. Now if he releats this seaspn next year then lets start questioning him.

But this year when he made plays he showed elite level promise. Minus the drops. I'm a fan of quick.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast