Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Brian Quick

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Brian Quick

Was at yesterday's game and I must say he looks confused out there. I believe he's letting the spotlight of playing in big games get to him. He was not fluid in his breaks what so ever.

You look at his attributes and go wow damn this guy is huge, fast, he should be able to make the transition. I feel like the rams need to dial a couple of plays up for him on 9 routes and let hi. Fight for the ball.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Brian Quick

He is certainly inconsistent, but has shown flashes. His learning curve seems way too slow, as does the development of his confidence. I will say this, if/when Quick gets with the program, he'll be one hell of a weapon.
    lostsoul likes this.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Once again I will have to call out coaching. I think it is fair to say the kid has loads of talent yet his talent remains raw and undeveloped. To me, that's coaching or the lack thereof.

Without naming names we used to have a certain coach that had an uncanny knack of making players believe they were better than they actually were. From what I have read on this kid I think he would take well to that type of coaching. It's too bad we couldn't get Isaac or Torry to coach. Come on Stan, don't let your investments go to waste, buy some special assistant coaches if needed...lol
    Last edited by Curly Horns; -09-23-2013 at 10:31 PM.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

I really wish they'd simplify his role. I remember thinking this while watching the AZ games from last year. All Floyd seemed to do was run a very simple outside the numbers route tree. Caught 40+ balls last year & is now making big plays for them as we all bitterly remember from the first game. Why these tight-space slants where timing and rhythm is so hard to achieve, esp with minimal game reps ?
    punahou likes this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    He is certainly inconsistent, but has shown flashes. His learning curve seems way too slow, as does the development of his confidence. I will say this, if/when Quick gets with the program, he'll be one hell of a weapon.
    So far he has been inconsistent but I think it's fair to say all of our receivers and TEs have been inconsistent. They all have dropped balls and the TEs have missed blocks. Receivers have fumbled balls after the catch. Receivers have not ran the right routes or missed hot reads.

He fits right in with the rest of them, just keep playing him and he will get better. I was bummed when he dropped that pass Sunday, but no more then when Givens fumbled after a nice pitch and catch.
    Last edited by Rambos; -09-24-2013 at 07:44 AM.
    ManofGod likes this.

punahou is offline Registered User

With a guy like Quick, I agree, let him run fly routes and throw it up. It's simple easy route running that could a confidence booster to get his 'true' game turned on.

On another note. Why not also put Jared Cook on the outside? Hes fast enough, and he's way big enough to out muscle most defenders.

Dunno- just a thought.

I just do not understand how our young players take forever to mature snd play well or never pan out while other teams find diamonds in the rough yearly.
    ManofGod likes this.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Ever think that maybe the guy just isn't what we hoped he'd be? All of us would like Brian Quick to be a major contributor, but do you think maybe the coaches see something on a daily basis that makes them hesitant to give the guy a huge workload?

The league has seen many guys who can run 4.2s and can jump out of the building but weren't very good football players at the NFL level. We all hope Quick can become productive and justify where he was selected, but the flip side of that equation is looking more likely with each passing day.
    ManofGod and punahou like this.

punahou is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Ever think that maybe the guy just isn't what we hoped he'd be? All of us would like Brian Quick to be a major contributor, but do you think maybe the coaches see something on a daily basis that makes them hesitant to give the guy a huge workload?

The league has seen many guys who can run 4.2s and can jump out of the building but weren't very good football players at the NFL level. We all hope Quick can become productive and justify where he was selected, but the flip side of that equation is looking more likely with each passing day.
    I do agree. I wasnt in agreement of his selection primarily due to other players being available at that spot (same with Pead IMO).
    ManofGod likes this.

Alshon Jeffrey even Stephan Hill is producing yet we whiff on 2nd rounders like they're going out of style.

rNemesis is offline Registered User

Brian Quick just doesnt have it. You either have it or you dontl; why do we continue to sugarcoat? if he was good he would have done something by now...

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    With a guy like Quick, I agree, let him run fly routes and throw it up. It's simple easy route running that could a confidence booster to get his 'true' game turned on.
    At the least he'd be wearing out opposing defensive backs ..

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Ever think that maybe the guy just isn't what we hoped he'd be?
    You mean what Fisher and Snead hoped. They made a special trip to work this guy out and then after they drafted him they gushed over him like teenagers do with a first crush. They let it out through the media and raised fans expectations. Just like this preseason and how they had all these plans and designs for Cook and Austin. Well, we're all still waiting!!

Maybe, just maybe, it's Fisher and Snead who are not what we hoped they'd be.....just sayin.

macrammer is offline Registered User

I am still hopeful he pans out (as we all are) but there are some warning signs that tell me he is a major project. The kid seems like a deer in the headlights.

citr92 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Horns View Post
    You mean what Fisher and Snead hoped. They made a special trip to work this guy out and then after they drafted him they gushed over him like teenagers do with a first crush. They let it out through the media and raised fans expectations. Just like this preseason and how they had all these plans and designs for Cook and Austin. Well, we're all still waiting!!

Maybe, just maybe, it's Fisher and Snead who are not what we hoped they'd be.....just sayin.
    possible......

but a guy who's got all the tools can impress during a workout, which is how people get drafted obviously...

but they just have to try to get him to pull it together and he can be a good one

a prospect's ability to learn the playbook is always a gamble, especially with a lower level player so i'd expect fisher to have a bit more time to see if he's cut out for the NFL, maybe an extra year or so compared to a regular D1 FBS player
    Last edited by citr92; -09-25-2013 at 01:03 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast