Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Brian Quick

emuen is offline Registered User

Re: Brian Quick

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    I just do not understand how our young players take forever to mature snd play well or never pan out while other teams find diamonds in the rough yearly.
    Chris Givens, Johnny Hekker, Greg Zuerlein, Michael Brockers, Janoris Jenkins, Trumain Johnson, Rodney McLeod. And that is just players from last years draft that panned out fine.

6 starters and a above avg nickelback. It is true this speaks somewhat of Rams talent level before they got here, but most of these players would be starters on other NFL teams as well.

Try not to be overdramatic. Over half the squad is rookies or second year guys. If we didn't find any young players that panned out, then how come that all in here have(/had) such high expectations for this year?

Edit: I forgot Daryl Richardson. That makes 7 starters in last years draft. I guess he has played more like a diamond in the rough then any of the ones I mentioned. Maybe forgot him because I think he have already hit his ceiling, as I stated in the offseason.
    Last edited by emuen; -09-25-2013 at 02:55 AM.

Randart is offline Registered User

I still have high hopes for Quickers, as we Kings Fans call Jonathan Quick our great goalie! Tom Skerritt said in Top Gun, " Keep Sending Him Up " Kinda says it all, I think we have good coaches and the guys some mentioned as special coaches have worked with him. Torry & Ike also he was in a group with TO over the summer here I believe in La La Land. Give the Ladd a chance he will come along...

Bing69 is offline Registered User

I still hold his catch and TD from last years encounter at san fran as what i hope he would be, whether he does it on a consistent basis or not is entirely up him. If he hasnt figured it out in year 3 then it may be time to cut the cord.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

My questions concerning Quick are these:

How many times has he actually been on the field during a regular season game?
    How many times has he been targeted during a regular season game?

I don't know the answers to the questions but I would venture a guess that Quick hasn't been given enough opportunities to show what he's made of so far.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    My questions concerning Quick are these:

How many times has he actually been on the field during a regular season game?
    How many times has he been targeted during a regular season game?

I don't know the answers to the questions but I would venture a guess that Quick hasn't been given enough opportunities to show what he's made of so far.
    I agree with you that the has not been given very many opportunities. But as mentioned, I wonder why? Could it be the coaching staff just does not feel it with him and that in itself would speak volumes to where he is at right now. Rams could use that size

richtree is online now Registered User

On a team with Givens, Quick, and Austin, along with Pead and Cook -- the New Explosive NFL is about passing and big plays....

This is something that the Rams don't do....Their offensive game plan is very weak and their sets and execution is not up to par....

The Rams need to join the rest of the league with hurry-ups, using their speed and the big play....

Bradfords biggest weakness is the big play...he rather check down and Schotty doesn't like to take chances.....

Every game we lose is simply because the opponent makes more "big plays" than we do....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12