Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Brian Quick

Rambos is online now Registered User

Brian Quick

Brian Quick continues to tease us with his upside. Quick caught two passes for 97 yards and one was a 73-yard bomb. He shows his ability to flat out run by a DB and make a nice catch and run.

He also shows his inconsistent side as well. Drops an easy third down pass that would have kept a drive alive. But he topped that by dropping a prefect pass for a TD.

The good news is he shows he can create separation and get open for big plays down the field. The bad is he is inconsistent with just about all fazes of the game. But he’s not alone, we have seen Chris Givens drop passes and run the wrong routes, it’s just the learning curve that all receivers have to go through and that includes Tavon.

Quick still has my interest, he does things that Pettis will never be able to do. Quick was compared to Vincent Jackson, but I think he should be compared to Dez Bryant, without the off field issues. Quick seems to be doing a lot of the same things Dez did in his first two years. Run wrong routes, drop passes and makes big plays. Quick has not made many big plays but he’s now finally getting a chance to play more and the plays are starting to come.

I think Quick will continue to do both good and bad but he will make something happen and hopefully learn from his mistakes. With Sam out I expect Quick to get more balls thrown his way. Kellen Clemens and Quick have always seemed to work well together in the preseason because Quick is the best target on the field when Clemens gets in the game. I expect Quick and Clemens to continue to work well together the rest of the way.
    Last edited by Rambos; -10-22-2013 at 01:26 PM.
    Randart likes this.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Brian Quick

What he has, you can't teach.

What he does not, you can.

Does that mean he'll reach his full potential?

No, but I'm starting to see why the Rams drafted him in the 2nd round.
    MauiRam and Varg6 like this.

shower beers is offline Registered User

I like that he's seeing more and more snaps, and I think he will iron the wrinkles out soon. If after a few games it appears as though our season is going the way we're all predicting, I think then he just needs to be dumped in head first and given the opportunity to figure it all out.

His potential is obvious and I doubt our coaching staff is remotely close to giving up on him. I'm actually more concerned about Givens' decline to be honest.

general counsel is offline Registered User

I agree with both of you. I think Quick has to play as much as possible for the rest of the year. He needs on the field experience. There is simply no substitute, i don't care how many routes he runs in practice or how many balls he catches, its not the same as during a game.

I expect him to be a starter and catch 9 td's or more from Sammy next season.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
    MauiRam likes this.

MACD is offline Registered User

Thanks for this thread. Quick drove me nuts Sunday, but then he wowed me. Craptastic injury to Sam notwithstanding, I hope Brian can progress the remainder of the year. Seems like everybody agreed he would be a three year project coming out of his college experience and I guess we were right.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quick has #1 potential at best. Givens should be our #2 receiver and his decline in production is due to playing the #1. If Quick can iron out all those inconsistencies, it'll create a ripple effect for our offense to blossom into a force to be reckoned with.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
    Your beat still laments the world

rNemesis is offline Registered User

the guy doesnt have "it". You either have "it" or you don't

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by rNemesis View Post
    the guy doesnt have "it". You either have "it" or you don't
    While you are entitled to your opinion, this manner of expressing it is lazy, at best.

Tell us why you think he does not have "it."

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I think Quick will continue to do both good and bad but he will make something happen and hopefully learn from his mistakes. With Sam out I expect Quick to get more balls thrown his way. Kellen Clemens and Quick have always seemed to work well together in the preseason because Quick is the best target on the field when Clemens gets in the game. I expect Quick and Clemens to continue to work well together the rest of the way.
    With Clemens as the #2, and Quick farther down the wr depth chart (at the beginning of this season), they may have developed some real chemistry due to the extra time/reps spent working together When a backup qb is relegated to running the scout team he's got to have receivers to throw to. It's likely Brian got significant reps with Kellen in preseason/scout team practice. If so, one could surmise they've developed some decent chemistry. Let's hope so, as we surely could use it come Monday.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    While you are entitled to your opinion, this manner of expressing it is lazy, at best.

Tell us why you think he does not have "it."
    As well, I would love to hear a definition of "it", outside the standard amorphous non-definition of "I know 'it' when I see 'it'".
    Torry Holt likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I think "it" is an intangible quality that cannot necessarily be defined on a stat sheet. It is not anything scientific or specific. It can be a talented guy or a role player. It is the uncanny ability to get the job done. It is a guy in whom you have supreme confidence to perform when it's needed most. Every sport has guys like this- guys who win and find a way. Ricky Proehl was a guy who comes to mind. He'd find a way to exceed expectations, make a play when needed and carved out a successful 12 year career for himself. Robert Horry in basketball. Not many people would put him on a list of all time greats, but find me 5 guys who hit bigger shots at the end of playoff games more often than he did. He also won 5 or 6 rings with different teams. Shane Victorino in baseball. You get the idea.

As for Quick, he's performing better than he did last year when he was a complete non-factor. He's improved, though maybe not to the level we'd like quite yet. At least we should be grateful for that.
    RealRam likes this.

SimSportPl is offline Registered User

From those of you who have watched games lately (I can't get Rams games in my area) do you have any update regarding B Quick?

I haven't seem much wrt stats.

Thanks.

Trevor is offline Registered User

He had a bomb thrown to him and it was a nice throw but the defender made a nice play and broke up the pass. That was the only target he had the entire game I believe.

Mikey is offline Registered User

He isn't getting many targets. Though Clemens did a pretty good job of spreading it around today. I continue though to see Quick blocking well on run plays. That more than anything is at least going to get him on the field more with Fisher.

bruce4life is offline Registered User
    Its a make or break year for him next season. Quick has developed a bit more this season but needs to develop more on his route running.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast