throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Brian Quick News

svh01 is offline Registered User

Brian Quick News

I saw this on Rotoworld and thought it was worth a post.

According to Tony Softli of 101 ESPN St. Louis, Brian Quick has been "putting
    on a show" at OTAs.

In Friday's session alone, Quick caught "17 to 18 passes all
    over the field." Softli mentioned that the second-year receiver was reeling in
    passes in the "red zone, middle of the field, on crossing routes, and deep down
    outside." Quick recently admitted that he struggled with the playbook as a
    rookie. That, coupled with the immense jump from Appalachian State to the NFL,
    contributed to his minuscule 2012 stat line. We have Quick as our No. 56
    receiver at the moment, but he has a boat load of upside in what should be a
    high-octane St. Louis attack.

Source: 101 ESPN St. Louis

Jun 8 - 4:00 PM

I'm confident that he will be a big contributor to our offense this year.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Re: Brian Quick News

sssssssssssshhhhhhhh!

Gotta keep him unknown.
    ManofGod likes this.
    Semper Fi!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Putting on a show in OTA's is encouraging, but what matters is putting on a show in games that count. I'll reserve any real excitement until Quick makes it happen in the regular season.

That said, I expect him to make huge strides this year.
    RealRam, Bar-bq, macrammer and 1 others like this.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Putting on a show in OTA's is encouraging, but what matters is putting on a show in games that count. I'll reserve any real excitement until Quick makes it happen in the regular season.

That said, I expect him to make huge strides this year.
    Mike, exactly. I was thinking same thing but saw you eloquently put it to words. I am very hopeful too but will wait to the real field

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

I love and understand the wait to see it responses. It makes sense sure. And it will allow me to acquire this guy with probably the last pick in FF, not the board league of course.
    Semper Fi!

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

I agree with Mike and Mac, Brian Quick will need to show his talent during games. This year I suspect there will be a lot of scrutiny on him as the CB's in our division play physical/press coverage and his size will be needed to overcome those issues. Like most others on the site, I think he will make marked progress due to another year's experience in the system and other receiver's getting defenses' attention.

Go Rams!

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I don't think Brian's physical talents have ever been in question. Route running, knowing where he is supposed to be, knowing when to break off a route to come back and help Sam, these are things I would guess he struggled with in his rookie year, and subsequently didn't see much playing time. He's had the time now - let's hope he's fully utilized that time ..
    macrammer likes this.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

The thing that concerns me is that this news comes from Tony Softli. So it's hard to trust it and get enthused!
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

More Support For St. Louis Rams’ Brian Quick In 2013
    Jun 10th, 2013 at 11:30 am by Nathan KearnsRams

Another week, another story of support for the St. Louis Rams’ other sophomore wide receiver, Brian Quick. As of now, Quick is penciled in as the starter on the depth chart, although no one is certain how the receiver rotation will pan out by the start of the season.

Last season, as expected, Quick saw limited time on the field, taking his time learning the speed of the game and acclimating to “big boy” football after playing college ball at the small-school, Appalachian State. He played only 187 total offensive snaps in 2012, with a season-high of 25 snaps in the blowout loss against the New England Patriots. Quick did receive more playing time as the season drudged on, after seeing only six total plays in the first three games of his career, including being deactivated in Week 3 against the Bears. He averaged roughly 14 plays per game after the Danny Amendola injury against the Cardinals in Week 5, including 87% of this receiving yards, 90% of his catches, and both of his touchdown catches.

This season they will expect much more from the hopefully-rising star. Tony Softli gave his brief recap of Quick at camp so far this offseason, all of it being good news. Bleacher Report posted their position on Brian Quick as a “breakout” player a couple of weeks ago. Now, Sports Illustrated’s Chris Burke has jumped on the bandwagon…

Burke recently posted his list of 10 players from the 2012 class that he believes are destined for a “breakout” season in their sophomore campaign. There are actually a fair number of receivers on the list, including the *****’ A.J. Jenkins and the Bears’ Alshon Jeffery. If you scroll close to the bottom, you will get this little nugget about Quick…

Quick currently holds a starting job in St. Louis, despite catching a mere 11 balls last season and the franchise nabbing both Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey in the draft. If nothing else, the Rams’ commitment to improving their passing attack should play to Quick’s benefit — as could the arrivals of Austin and tight end Jared Cook, both players capable of drawing a defense’s attention, thereby freeing up more space outside for Quick. -Chris Burke on Brian Quick

Not exactly a glowing endorsement, but an endorsement nonetheless! While the content might be limited, the general idea is spot on, and should set Brian Quick up for major success in 2013, assuming he is on the field. Jared Cook, Tavon Austin, and Chris Givens are all humongous mismatched in their own right; whether that be with their size, quickness and elusiveness, pure speed, or some combination of the three. Each naturally demands a sizable amount of attention from the defense, which should, theoretically, give Brian Quick more opportunities in one-on-one coverage or against a soft zone. This mismatch-based offense will benefit whoever is lineup up on the outside next season. With natural size and athleticism, a year of experience under his belt, and more opportunity, it is easy to see why Quick is getting so much support and attention from around the league.

RamsFanCK is offline Registered User

Call me crazy but I have this feeling he will be, not the best, but the most complete receiver on the Rams 53 this season.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    The thing that concerns me is that this news comes from Tony Softli. So it's hard to trust it and get enthused!
    What's wrong with Tony Softli?

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    Apart from the fact that he was a key part of the braintrust (irony alert) that destroyed The Rams roster in the mid-late 2000s, nothing much......
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    Apart from the fact that he was a key part of the braintrust (irony alert) that destroyed The Rams roster in the mid-late 2000s, nothing much......
    As has been mentioned multiple times by multiple sources: Tony was VP of Player Personnel but wasn't allowed to make decisions on personnel. Jay Zygmunt and Scott Linehan made the choices. Tony's job was almost completely limited to managing the personnel within the departments (glorified office manager).

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    To say his insider information is "suspect" is an understatement. I've just seen a lot of guess work and a lot of poor reporting from him.

Same as Jim Thomas to be honest.

So you feel Softli is an insider???

How is Jim Thomas an insider?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast