Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Brian Quick News

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Re: Brian Quick News

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    As has been mentioned multiple times by multiple sources: Tony was VP of Player Personnel but wasn't allowed to make decisions on personnel. Jay Zygmunt and Scott Linehan made the choices. Tony's job was almost completely limited to managing the personnel within the departments (glorified office manager).
    And that assessment may well be true but no other team has hired him since. Even Spags is still coaching, albeit down the food chain. Softli had some success as a draft guy in Carolina before The Rams & was credited with guys like Peppers. If the insider scoop on his being simply an office manager with STL & not culpable at all for the disastrous period in question is accepted in NFL circles, why is he just a talking head now ? By choice ? Maybe, but I doubt it. Seems to me like no one wants to pay for his advice except as infotainment.

So The Rams handpicked what looked like an up & coming draft guru & forced out Armey, one of the key architects of the GSOT, to make room for him...then had their new hire color-coordinating Post-Its for 3 years ? That dog won't hunt for me. The deniability just isn't plausible. Everything Softli says I take with a grain of rather bitter salt, I'm afraid.
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -06-12-2013 at 07:27 PM.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12