Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Brian Schottenheimer has been offered OC job with Rams

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Re: Brian Schottenheimer has been offered OC job with Rams

Oh crap.... I'm not excited about this at all. I hope he understands Bradford has more talent than Sanchez and can throw more than slant patterns. I hope Fisher knows what he's doing 'cuz I don't like this choice, and Williams scares me as well. My excitement in the Fisher hiring has been severly tempered.
    GoSTLRams likes this.

Faithful Rams fan since 1968

GoSTLRams is offline Registered User

Great! I'm really looking forward to all the receivers running five yard curl routes on 3rd and 9. Jeez, I'm just going to bite my tongue and hope for the best.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Just to remind everyone both Favre and Pennington went from having their statistical worse years under schotty to favre having his best year with the vikings and Pennington going to the playoffs with the dolphins
    jmk321 likes this.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I don't love Schottenheimer, but I'm confident Fisher knows what he's doing. I'll defer my criticism for the moment.

FOJF, anybody?

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    Just to remind everyone both Favre and Pennington went from having their statistical worse years under schotty to favre having his best year with the vikings and Pennington going to the playoffs with the dolphins
    Chad had two years under him. The second year he only played 9 games so I'm not sure how you can count that but his first year he threw for over 3,352 yards; which was the most he had thrown in his career at that point. The Jets went 10 - 6 and made the playoffs. When he went to Miami he threw for 300 more yards and won one more game.

Farve did have a bad year... but I'm not so sure how much of that was Schottenheimer's fault and how much was on Farve.
    THOLTFAN81 and Rammed like this.

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

Hopes this works out,and i dont see how you people think that our offense can be worst than last year??Theres nowhere to go but up guys and you know it lol

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

In the year that Favre played for the Jets with Schotty as his OC, it was only the third time in Jets history that the team scored over 400 points on the season

lostsoul is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    Im ify on this pickup. ? He has not done well with QBs, but maybe that will change under Fisher. Im giving all my faith to Fisher, so its a great pickup.
    He actually had a great season with Pennington.

I like this guy. He coached an amazing rushing offense that led the Jets to two straight AFC championships.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

hahaha...Favre had a lot more than football on his mind while with the Jets (Paging Jen Sterger)...and Pennington..that man tears his ACL opening the front door.
    Rambunctious likes this.

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

Im worried, but I respect the decision. I applaud Fisher for realizing Bradfords strength (WCO) and working back too it. I sure hope this is a good hire, but im a bit iffy. Some things Schotty has done have been nice (Favre, Pennigton, 400+ pts, Sanchez). Lets just hope this works out, because I put my full trust in Fisher!

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

By the way, Schotty is a decent OC (who am I to say?), but I think his inconsistencies are the reason me and many others are turned off. Perhaps with 2 superstars on the offensive side of the ball (Bradford, Jackson) he finally has weapons he can work magic with. Were going to need to grab a WR that can make some plays, and possibly retain Brandon Lloyd.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    By the way, Schotty is a decent OC (who am I to say?), but I think his inconsistencies are the reason me and many others are turned off. Perhaps with 2 superstars on the offensive side of the ball (Bradford, Jackson) he finally has weapons he can work magic with. Were going to need to grab a WR that can make some plays, and possibly retain Brandon Lloyd.
    My opinion on Schotty is that he has had some good and some bad, but for me it seems that the bad stuff like last year has come at a time when the Jets offense is fighting amongst itself. Unnamed players have called out the QB for lack of leadership, lack of practice and an all round attitude of not caring. Then you have Santonio Holmes being benched for his overall personality. Those two are supposed to be the leaders of the team. And i'm unsure if Schotty had bought those guys in or if they were forced on him by upper management/Head Coach.

On a whole though, it just seemed to me that the Jets offense was massively overrated by it's fans and the media. Sanchez isn't a top QB and the RBs and receivers are nothing special. Sure, Holmes has talent but he has a massive attitude problem. It's hard to see what was expected of the Jets O

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Well, there you have it. We can only hope the problems in New York were more due to personnel issues than him.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I think the problems in New York were due, in large part to (1) Sanchez's limitations and (2) the "free-for-all" atmosphere fostered by blowhard Rex Ryan.

Those issues don't/won't exist in St. Louis, so I'm going to remain optimistic about this move. Also, whatever anyone says about the failings of individual players, you can't overlook the fact that the Jets played in two consecutive AFC Championship games with Shott in control of the offense.
    MauiRam and THOLTFAN81 like this.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

The key to me is the offensive line coach. I don't know who, but I hope someone does.
    Holt Your Horses likes this.
    The break, don't bend offense.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast