Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Brian Schottenheimer Is Winning Me Over

HornIt is offline Registered User

Re: Brian Schottenheimer Is Winning Me Over

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    The difference is, Bradford had struggles this preseason, and despite the battered QB syndrome claims, Shotty was able to change things up, and get Bradford back on track. At least that's the way I see it. Marshall Faulk also saw it that way, making numerous comments during the Ravens game about how much he liked what Shotty was doing with play calling to help Bradford out.

You're right that the regular season will be the true test of both Bradford and Schottenheimer. I'm confident it will work out.
    Maybe, but I have a hard time putting much importance on that Ravens game, where it appeared very much that the Rams prepared for that game and played their starters in order to build some momentum while the Ravens played their backups and just wanted to get out of town.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by HornIt View Post
    On the other hand, Bradford had a nice preseason last year, the Rams as a team had a nice preseason and most Rams fans were jacked about having McDaniels, the guy who would finally unleash Sam Bradford, and were predicting a division championship. Then the regular season came.
    Yes, and Steven Jackson and Danny Amendola were injured in the first game, Lance Kendricks forgot how to catch the ball, and the O line turned to Swiss cheese. Let's hope for better fortune this year.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Maybe, but I have a hard time putting much importance on that Ravens game, where it appeared very much that the Rams prepared for that game and played their starters in order to build some momentum while the Ravens played their backups and just wanted to get out of town.
    The importance of the Ravens game, was execution and adjustments. Both worked to perfection. And as far as starters against backups, the Rams were working with a makeshift line without Dahl, and a guy who got cut, as well as no Kendricks at TE. The bottom line, Schottenheimer made the right calls to get things back on track and clicking. That's important going into the regular season.

Rambos is offline Registered User

If it was all about building some momentum, why would we cut the starting guard, the TE that made a nice TD catch and the QB that played most of the second half. The Ravens game was like the rest of the practice games, evaluate the players, nothing more nothing less.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12