Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Brian Schottenheimer Is Winning Me Over

HornIt Guest

Re: Brian Schottenheimer Is Winning Me Over

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    The difference is, Bradford had struggles this preseason, and despite the battered QB syndrome claims, Shotty was able to change things up, and get Bradford back on track. At least that's the way I see it. Marshall Faulk also saw it that way, making numerous comments during the Ravens game about how much he liked what Shotty was doing with play calling to help Bradford out.

You're right that the regular season will be the true test of both Bradford and Schottenheimer. I'm confident it will work out.
    Maybe, but I have a hard time putting much importance on that Ravens game, where it appeared very much that the Rams prepared for that game and played their starters in order to build some momentum while the Ravens played their backups and just wanted to get out of town.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by HornIt View Post
    On the other hand, Bradford had a nice preseason last year, the Rams as a team had a nice preseason and most Rams fans were jacked about having McDaniels, the guy who would finally unleash Sam Bradford, and were predicting a division championship. Then the regular season came.
    Yes, and Steven Jackson and Danny Amendola were injured in the first game, Lance Kendricks forgot how to catch the ball, and the O line turned to Swiss cheese. Let's hope for better fortune this year.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Maybe, but I have a hard time putting much importance on that Ravens game, where it appeared very much that the Rams prepared for that game and played their starters in order to build some momentum while the Ravens played their backups and just wanted to get out of town.
    The importance of the Ravens game, was execution and adjustments. Both worked to perfection. And as far as starters against backups, the Rams were working with a makeshift line without Dahl, and a guy who got cut, as well as no Kendricks at TE. The bottom line, Schottenheimer made the right calls to get things back on track and clicking. That's important going into the regular season.

Rambos is offline Registered User

If it was all about building some momentum, why would we cut the starting guard, the TE that made a nice TD catch and the QB that played most of the second half. The Ravens game was like the rest of the practice games, evaluate the players, nothing more nothing less.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

I just had to bump this for the LOLs. Oh how things have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    I just had to bump this for the LOLs. Oh how things have changed.
    You actually took the time to dig this up?? Are you working these days Josh?

I cringed when I saw I was the OP. I'm just glad everyone agreed with me.
    Rambos and Warner Pride like this.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

I thought this was a new thread for a minute, and was about to go full-on keyboard warrior.
    Rambos, Nick, ramsbruce and 4 others like this.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    You actually took the time to dig this up?? Are you working these days Josh?

I cringed when I saw I was the OP. I'm just glad everyone agreed with me.
    LOL no. It was listed in the similar threads at the bottom of the page. Is amazing how old some of the posts are that thing digs up.
    r8rh8rmike likes this.

fearsome foursome is offline Registered User

I still don't understand all the complaints about Schotty. We have actually come a long way offensively. While much (most?) of the progress may be due to an upgrade of talent, we have come quite a ways in the last few years. In 2009 the Rams scored 16 touchdowns ALL season. This year the Rams have scored 18 at the halfway point with a third string QB. Could Schotty do better? Probably. But we are way better off than we were a few years ago. I say yes.
    Randart likes this.

Mikey is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fearsome foursome View Post
    I still don't understand all the complaints about Schotty. We have actually come a long way offensively. While much (most?) of the progress may be due to an upgrade of talent, we have come quite a ways in the last few years. In 2009 the Rams scored 16 touchdowns ALL season. This year the Rams have scored 18 at the halfway point with a third string QB. Could Schotty do better? Probably. But we are way better off than we were a few years ago. I say yes.
    Keep in mind the 2009 Rams is one of if not the worst teams in NFL history. Completely and totally void of talent. So far this season we're at 149 points at the half way point, last year we scored 348. We're about on pace for YPG as a team but we're scoring far less.

Aside from just the numbers the offense gives very little impression that it's capable of winning games. Our 3rd down conversion rate is horrible. We lack an identity on offense, Bradford going down is partly to blame for that. Yet we also don't have a guy who can win games, there's no WR that can take over a game, we don't even know who the running back is going to be from game to game or drive to drive. A lot of these are Fishers fault but a lot of it is Shotty as well.
    r8rh8rmike likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Keep in mind the 2009 Rams is one of if not the worst teams in NFL history. Completely and totally void of talent. So far this season we're at 149 points at the half way point, last year we scored 348. We're about on pace for YPG as a team but we're scoring far less.

Aside from just the numbers the offense gives very little impression that it's capable of winning games. Our 3rd down conversion rate is horrible. We lack an identity on offense, Bradford going down is partly to blame for that. Yet we also don't have a guy who can win games, there's no WR that can take over a game, we don't even know who the running back is going to be from game to game or drive to drive. A lot of these are Fishers fault but a lot of it is Shotty as well.
    Very good points. I often wonder how much of the offensive decisions are dictated by Fisher, and if Schotty is really doing what he wants to do. There are times when I like what Schotty does, but those times are few and far between, and as you said, there is no identity or cohesive approach on offense. And yeah, our 3rd down conversion rate is bad, our 3rd and 1 conversion rate is really bad, ranking 31st in the league according to Nick Wagoner.

Randart is offline Registered User

Well lets give the keyboard warriors some target practice... I actually still agree with this threads leanings, and see Schotty growing with the rest of the team. Sure we have allot more room for growth as a team and improvements needed to make our offense more viable. Especially on the OL, but I think we would be in a way better place with more talent on that line. I cannot dump it all on Schotty or Fish, I still believe we have the right combo to compete in time. Nice to have a Rams regime' I believe in and will stand up for, been along time coming! Ok take your best shots... that is part of the fun!
    RealRam and fearsome foursome like this.

Mikey is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Randart View Post
    Well lets give the keyboard warriors some target practice... I actually still agree with this threads leanings, and see Schotty growing with the rest of the team. Sure we have allot more room for growth as a team and improvements needed to make our offense more viable. Especially on the OL, but I think we would be in a way better place with more talent on that line. I cannot dump it all on Schotty or Fish, I still believe we have the right combo to compete in time. Nice to have a Rams regime' I believe in and will stand up for, been along time coming! Ok take your best shots... that is part of the fun!
    I agree with one thing for certain! We need to upgrade the OL, then we'll see what the rest of it can do. I'm not confident in the other pieces with or without the OL upgrades we need though
    Randart likes this.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Hey, maybe next year we'll see Sam Bradford on the sideline asking Schotty for the play reviewer notebook (now electronic tablet) to discuss something positive with him rather than closing it and returning it with disdain to the OC. That was despair and dejection. ^_^

Sure hope everyone on the Rams offense is learning and developing.
    Randart likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12