Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Brian Stull and Rams website Twitter Notes about Camp - 7/29

From Brian Stull...

Fans already streaming in to line the field for first Rams practice...8;15am, free and open to the public
    Rams backed off Saffold as RT today, Spags saying that he and JSmith would get reps at both spots for now before settling into roles
    JSmith still limited by stress fracture in toe, but did a good amount in practice.
    Jerome Murphy explained his arrest--was pulled over for music being too loud in his car. Didn't have a valid drivers license, taken in.
    Murphy now has valid FLA license and all is resolved.
    Ron Bartell, Quincy Butler, and James Laurinaitis have already arrived made cameos at practice.
    Mark Setterstrom is in the process of being placed on IR.
    @Ramsfan11 ("anything on Bradford?") Still the same on Bradford. Kevin Demoff was at much of practice--that's a good sign.
    @RamsHerd ("What is up with the dyslexic approach to position players? Tackles and Safeties both being used interchangably?") Smart because of possible injuries, but think it will settle into Smith at LT and Saffold at RT--just part of the process w Spags
    @acjohnson5 ("Saw report this AM on hiccup w/ Bradford's contract- you hear anything?") Not aware of any hiccups--again, all good and on track.
    For those wondering, Murphy has fixed up a '96 Impala. He's also changed #'s to 23--wanted a "3" since that was his number in college.

From the Rams' official Twitter account...

Rams wrap up first practice with rookies, veterans and quarterbacks. Still working toward deal with Sam Bradford. Could come at any time.
    Spagnuolo says right now the Rams have tackles, not left and right. Smith and Saffold will work on each side throughout camp.
    Most of returning injured players participated. Jackson, Atogwe only ones that will report tomorrow. J. Smith was limited, did no team drill
    Per Spagnuolo, Setterstrom likely to go to injured reserve.
    Some number changes to note: S M. Harris is No. 26, CB J. Murphy switches to 23. LB C. Jackson wearing 51 and CB A. Thompson is 41.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Re: Brian Stull and Rams website Twitter Notes about Camp - 7/29

I only have one question about the report....

For those wondering, Murphy has fixed up a '96 Impala. He's also changed #'s to 23--wanted a "3" since that was his number in college.
    Why would anyone "fix-up" a '96 Chevy Impala?
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Jerome Murphy explained his arrest--was pulled over for music being too loud in his car. Didn't have a valid drivers license, taken in.
    For some reason, the image that flashed through my head when reading this was of Dave Chappelle in his Lil John impersonation listening to a booming radio with Jerome Murphy......"WHAT?!"......."OHH-KAY!"......."YEA-YA"

And that mental image then morphed into Dave Chappelle's Rick James impersonation w/ a twist; instead of "Charlie" Murphy.............Jerome Murphy, Jerome Murphy, come here........SLAP.......I'm Rick James, b****!

Oh, that guy cracks me up.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    I only have one question about the report....

Why would anyone "fix-up" a '96 Chevy Impala?
    They were pretty cool. Check one out on the internet. It was the last of the GM large frame, (which, I know - good riddance).

The "SS" was very cool though.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRam View Post
    They were pretty cool. Check one out on the internet. It was the last of the GM large frame, (which, I know - good riddance).

The "SS" was very cool though.
    Where I was originally from-California- the Impalas were lowered to about 8 inches or so off the street. Lotsa trick paint jobs and all the fixin's too.

At any rate the car has a long history of being lowered/raised/souped up/ etc & etc.

Maybe Murph is nostalgic at a pretty young age or something.

WHAT SAY YE?