RealRam is online now Registered User

Brian Westbrook still a possibility for Rams?

Brian Westbrook may still be on St. Louis Rams with list
    BY JIM THOMAS Posted: Sunday, August 15, 2010 12:10 am

As expected, second-year man Chris Ogbonnaya got plenty of work in Saturday's preseason opener. But is backfield help on the way in the form of ex-Philadelphia Eagle Brian Westbrook?

Reports Saturday indicated that Westbrook was leaning toward signing with the Rams. That was news to Rams officials. But according to general manager Billy Devaney, the team remains interested in signing Westbrook and has been in steady contact with him over the offseason and preseason.

An answer may be coming soon because Westbrook is supposed to make a decision Monday.

Ogbonnaya played the entire first half and the first series of the second half at running back. His modest totals included five carries for eight yards and four receptions for 31 yards.

Afterwards, Obonnaya was disappointed in his night's work. Things went "not as well as I wanted them to," Ogbonnaya said. "You work really hard preparing yourself for moments like this - we have a lot of work to do."

On a key carry in the second quarter, Ogbonnaya was stopped short of the first-down marker on a fourth-and-a-foot play. Ogbonnaya had trouble with the exchange from quarterback Sam Bradford and then slipped making his cut.

"Sam said he didn't get a great handle on it, but regardless of that situation, it's fourth-and-1," Ogbonnaya said. "I've got to get it. Period. No matter what happened."

Coach Steve Spagnuolo challenged the play via instant replay, but the call was upheld and Minnesota took over on downs...
    Last edited by RealRam; -08-15-2010 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Helmet

THEFIELDGOAL is offline Registered User

Re: Brian Westbrook still a possibility for Rams?

Is this like the Favre conditions. Why would he be interested in a non contender at this point. Westbrook is a good third or fourth down back only. His injuries have really relegated him to a has been. I did admire his skills and his plays as an Eagle. But at this point why would we be interested?
    THE FIELD GOAL

Drummerman1011 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by THEFIELDGOAL View Post
    Is this like the Favre conditions. Why would he be interested in a non contender at this point. Westbrook is a good third or fourth down back only. His injuries have really relegated him to a has been. I did admire his skills and his plays as an Eagle. But at this point why would we be interested?
    Because of what happened last night. We had absolutely no running game. Westbrook, even if he is kind of old, still a legit back-up. Plus he knows the offense inside and out from his days with the Eagles. He would be the ideal situation.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I find it hard to believe he'd still seriously consider joining the Rams after watching our less than stellar O-line play versus the Vikes .. I'd imagine he'd want a king's ransom to run behind our current group ..