Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bright Spots

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Smile Bright Spots

1. Defense did well today
    A.) Take away the one 59 yard run and their RBs only had 49 yards on 20 carries or 2.5 yards per carry.
    B.) Held McMahon to 97 yards passing with 3 INTs.
    C.) 4 sacks.
    D.) 2 forced fumbles.

2. Running game
    A.) Faulk and Jackson combined for 32 carries and 169 yards. Faulk looked as good as he ever has.

3. Kickers
    A.) Wilkins taken for granted but his longest FG of the year 53 yards and was 3/3.
    B.) Barker 7 punts 40.9 average. Long 56.

4. We are moving up in the draft.

Side note:
    The defense was very aggressive today blitzing a lot and I agree with a statement made by the announcers that these young guys need to be aggressive they are not real disciplined yet and playing a base defense and being in position sometime I think puts them back on their heels instead of going full speed. These younger guys don't have to think as much when it’s a Blitz they just go full speed.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: Bright Spots

Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN
    1. Defense did well today
    A.) Take away the one 59 yard run and their RBs only had 49 yards on 20 carries or 2.5 yards per carry.
    B.) Held McMahon to 97 yards passing with 3 INTs.
    C.) 4 sacks.
    D.) 2 forced fumbles.

2. Running game
    A.) Faulk and Jackson combined for 32 carries and 169 yards. Faulk looked as good as he ever has.

3. Kickers
    A.) Wilkins taken for granted but his longest FG of the year 53 yards and was 3/3.
    B.)Barker 7 punts 40.9 average. Long 56.

4. We are moving up in the draft.

Side note:
    The defense was very aggressive today blitzing a lot and I agree with a statement made by the announcers that these young guys need to be aggressive they are not real disciplined yet and playing a base defense and being in position sometime I think puts them back on their heels instead of going full speed. These younger guys don't have to think as much when itís a Blitz they just go full speed.
    Great post! I agree with all of it!
    RamsFan16

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

If the team would learn that you have to wrap the feet up instead of trying to either knock the runners down or try to grab them up high then they would not have had that long run!..........

RamWraith is offline Registered User

The sad part about this post but probably the brightest spot for this team. WE ARE MOVING UP IN THE DRAFT!

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    The sad part about this post but probably the brightest spot for this team. WE ARE MOVING UP IN THE DRAFT!
    Maybe we can get Jimmy Williams
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

mh-i is offline Registered User

The only bright spot is moving up in the draft. I see very little positive about the Rams D finally playing decently given the opponent. After all, the Rams D played against the Eagles second string offense today.

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

After all, the Rams D played against the Eagles second string offense today.
    Yes, but it's also a young and inexperienced Rams Defense against an offense that played well against the Giants last week.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

Ramfan2001 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    Yes, but it's also a young and inexperienced Rams Defense against an offense that played well against the Giants last week.
    wut does that have 2 do with anything

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

wut does that have 2 do with anything
    I'm saying that the opponent was still decent, especially for a young defense.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    I'm saying that the opponent was still decent, especially for a young defense.
    we could have done better. 36+ missed tackles. A peewee team could have done better than that

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

My bright spot of today was seeing Marshall getting mad and still having the desire to WIN!......wished it would rub off!

Quote Originally Posted by talkstoangels61
    My bright spot of today was seeing Marshall getting mad and still having the desire to WIN!......wished it would rub off!
    same here but some of our players r just 2 selfish and dont care about winning but all about money

Milan is offline Registered User

I like how this topic is steering clear of the negatives and straight to the positives, it's a pleasant change.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ramfan2001
    we could have done better. 36+ missed tackles. A peewee team could have done better than that
    3 INTs
    4 Sacks
    2 Forced fumbles
    Eagles had only 97 yards passing (The D held them below a 100 yards this does not indicate a bunch of blown tackles to me).
    One bad run for 59 the rest of the day their RBs 20 carries for 49 yards 2.5 per carry. (This stat does not show a lot of missed tackles to me).

Maybe their was 36+ blown tackles I don't know where you got that stat but they must have only got about a yard before being nailed because we did not give up a lot of yardage today. I also saw the hardest hits in any game this year by our team. That did make me feel good about our D and the attitude they took in to this game. I still think we need an overhaul on D but I also thought they played their best game of the year regardless of the opponent. The play calling could have also helped because we blitzed more today then we have all year.

I don't care who you play in the NFL that is a good day for the D.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -12-18-2005 at 11:57 PM.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

moving up in the draft is fine, but thats only the start of it, we need alot more than that in the offseason, it looks like we dont even have a coach yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast