keith m. klink Guest

Bring home TIMMERMAN

with all the o-line injuries and players being knocked out for the season , all the makeshift band-aid lines this year , and now , WORTHLESS CLAUDE chiming in his negativity , you have to wonder why LINEHAN doesn't swallow his pride , admit a mistake , and let TERRELL go , and bring back ADAM TIMMERMAN . the ram's line is looking for a stable veteran presence . who else could do this than putting back some of the old pieces , to give this young depleted line some old warrior nasty . putting McCALLUM back at center , or even guard . letting TERRELL walk , and let TIMMERMAN show that he still has fire , and maybe bring up FRYE , to learn and grow , and get some rep's behind ROMBERG . now is the time , but does this coach have the stones to do it . and the excuse of keeping TERRELL because of a depleted o-line just doesn't cut it with me . head coaches make decisions , change a gameplan to best put the TEAM in position to win . if this cenario doesn't play out before 0-8 , i would give this coach ( even though i support him , ) a vote of no confidence , and put HASLETT as the coach until the end of the season .

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Bring home TIMMERMAN

let TIMMERMAN show that he still has fire
    Because he doesn't have any fire left. If he did, he wouldn't be available for this discussion. Bring back Timmerman? That's like saying bring back Slater.......a nostalgic idea that will do nothing but get an old man hurt.
    letting TERRELL walk , ... and maybe bring up FRYE , to learn and grow , and get some rep's behind ROMBERG .
    Now THAT is an idea I can get behind. Bring up Fry, give him some serious reps, and let's see what he can do. What's the worst that can happen? We lose, Bulger takes a beating, running game is non-existent? Too late, already there.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AlphaRam Guest

The Rams have made no contact with Timmerman. Linehan does have some sort of beef with Adam but I don't know what it is. I think he could have been a servicable lineman versus what we have been doing.

By the way, Timmerman played his last 6 games with three cracked ribs. He was in tremendous pain. His wife even asked me at the time to pray for him. He plays with heart and it was the team that sat him, not him, when he went out.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    The Rams have made no contact with Timmerman. Linehan does have some sort of beef with Adam but I don't know what it is. I think he could have been a servicable lineman versus what we have been doing.

By the way, Timmerman played his last 6 games with three cracked ribs. He was in tremendous pain. His wife even asked me at the time to pray for him. He plays with heart and it was the team that sat him, not him, when he went out.
    Seriously? You actually know him?

I think we should've kept him, like you said Alpha, he could've helped...We need all the help we can get with the offensive line...The fact that we sign a bunch of TEs and get rid of offensive linemen...Like I've said, Linehan is in a crappy situation, but sometimes you need to make your own luck and Linehan hasn't done that either, so why should he be the coach next year?

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

moloch41 Guest

I would have to agree that it couldn't get any worse with Timmerman in there. Is he the same player he was 5 yrs ago? No, but it's not like the competition on the line would make that blatantly obvious.

blood85 Guest

While we are at it, why not just call Dennis Harrah, Rich Saul, Tom Newberry, Irv Pankey and Kent Hill.

moloch41 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by blood85 View Post
    While we are at it, why not just call Dennis Harrah, Rich Saul, Tom Newberry, Irv Pankey and Kent Hill.

Ah, the days of Irv Pankey and Jackie Slater manning our line...so long ago and so far away...:\

AlphaRam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    Seriously? You actually know him?

I think we should've kept him, like you said Alpha, he could've helped...We need all the help we can get with the offensive line...The fact that we sign a bunch of TEs and get rid of offensive linemen...Like I've said, Linehan is in a crappy situation, but sometimes you need to make your own luck and Linehan hasn't done that either, so why should he be the coach next year?
    I actually know his wife better. They're getting ready to move back to Iowa. They are surprised that the Rams haven't called based on the desperate line situation.