Thread: Brock Berlin

Renee Rogers Guest

Brock Berlin

Will the Rams keep Brock as quarterback or will he be traded?

stlramman is offline Registered User

Re: Brock Berlin

If the Rams use a late round pick on a QB and Gus returns as a back-up they will probably release him.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Stlramman View Post
    If the Rams use a late round pick on a QB and Gus returns as a back-up they will probably release him.

Likely scenario, I agree. And Welcome to the Clan, Renee! :bash:

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

WHY not trade Berlin or release him, wouldn't be the first bone-headed thing the RAMS organization has done. Some one please tell me again what GUS did in his last stint as QB that made him a must have for the RAMS? Am sure there will be a QB soon to be available out of Chicago, prehaps the RAMS should release both Berlin and Gus and pick up another proven winner (SIC)

Odd rather then develop a QB with one eye to the future, the RAMS are content to pick up others rejects. Brady was what a 6th round pick?

Keeping BERLIN at the least would become so ingrained with the system, he could be a logical and perhaps eventual replacement for Bulger, if give an opportunity to learn the possition

Mooselini Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
    WHY not trade Berlin or release him, wouldn't be the first bone-headed thing the RAMS organization has done. Some one please tell me again what GUS did in his last stint as QB that made him a must have for the RAMS? Am sure there will be a QB soon to be available out of Chicago, prehaps the RAMS should release both Berlin and Gus and pick up another proven winner (SIC)

Odd rather then develop a QB with one eye to the future, the RAMS are content to pick up others rejects. Brady was what a 6th round pick?

Keeping BERLIN at the least would become so ingrained with the system, he could be a logical and perhaps eventual replacement for Bulger, if give an opportunity to learn the possition
    makes alot of sense. let berlin be under bulger's wing for a while. he'll soon learn how to play and when bulger's time is up, we'll have a fresh kid ready to make an impact (hopefully)

Keenum is offline Registered User

Not too many teams will trade for a 3rd string QB who's only game he started was not very impressive, unless they just really, really see somthing in him.
    If we draft a QB, Berlin will most likely be released, with a possibility on staying with the practice squad. If we don't, I think he may stick around, depending on if Gus stays around and his 2008 salary.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I'm not on the Gus bus, and I think it's time he retired. Yes, Berlin may be a step backward, but at least he has a chance to be a full time starter at some point.

Berlin will be on the roster till training camp I believe, and then we'll see what QB talent we have. Of course, that'll change if someone offers us a deal favoring them.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

The history of the NFL is repleat with would ofs, could ofs and should ofs

Farve--hmmm wonder what team is kicking themselves

Garcia--yet another one of those what if situations

Dielfer--true not nothing close to a pro-bowl QB let alone hall of fame, but got the Ravens to the SB.

Yes some parting of the ways where a God send. Culpepper was released at the right time and so was McNair. And further yet some HC hold on to their dud QBs way too long. It took the football master mind Cowher how long to get rid of K. Stewart, and Parcells holding on to D. Belletso. Yet counter that with Frisco holding on to S. Young while J. Montana was running things

The thing is every year a team has to evaluate its current players, develop players for the future and let them go when they are pass their expired date. The Rams have simular issues, I. Bruces is every Ram fans favorite along with T. Holt, but is it time for a parting of the ways. Sadly I don't trust Linehan and company to make that decision

AlphaRam Guest

I cannot think of an available QB in the NFL that I want. If Berlin doesn't make it here, I think he is done in the NFL.