RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Brock Berlin Scouting Report

Brock Berlin Position: QB
    Class: Sr
    School: Miami (FL)
    Conference: ACC
    Ht., Wt.: 6-1.5, 221
    40 Time: 4.85

BIO: Former Florida transfer that's started the past two seasons throwing for 56.2 percent/2,509/21/5 as a senior after 59.9 percent/2,419/12/17 the prior year. Second team All-Conference choice in .04.

POSITIVES: Improving passer with the skill to backup at the next level. Quick setting up in the pocket, displays good field vision and greatly improved his decision making as a senior. Sharp on the intermediate throws and threads the ball between defenders. Times the outs well. Poised as the pocket collapses around him, displays a quick release and takes the big hit in order to get the throw off. Goes to the safety valve in the underneath coverage if nothing's available downfield. Buys time for receivers and lets them come free before delivering the ball. Some ability to roll outside the pocket and accurately make the throw.

NEGATIVES: Cannot drive the deep throw and not accurate down the field. Misses open wideouts because of poor long accuracy. Falls out of throws and struggles getting the ball to the flanks. Must improve his touch.

ANALYSIS: A solid short and intermediate range passer who responded with a good senior campaign, Berlin has gone from a draft afterthought to a legitimate late-round pick. Lacks the size and strength to earn a starting job in the NFL, yet could thrive as a team's third passer.

PROJECTION: Undrafted Free Agent

Jon Gruden on Berlin:

"He's got a good arm that is accurate and quick. He learns from his mistakes and has gotten a lot better this week." - Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Jon Gruden, to The Mississippi Press

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Brock Berlin Scouting Report

I'd bet he's gotten one or two hints from being around Bulger. For some strange reason, I'm not as worried about Berlin being the starter as I was when "Gus Forgotte" was passing the ball...

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Poised as the pocket collapses around him, displays a quick release and takes the big hit in order to get the throw off. Goes to the safety valve in the underneath coverage if nothing's available downfield. Buys time for receivers and lets them come free before delivering the ball. Some ability to roll outside the pocket and accurately make the throw.
    He'll get to show these skills today.

AtlantaRamFan is offline Registered User

Thanks RamsInfiniti, I couldn't find anything on him. The part that I think is key here is that he doesn't force it. He'll take the check down option. That's what we need him to do today. Not turn the ball over and get the ball to the play makers.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Rams will probably give the Bengals a heavy dosage of Steven Jackson, to take the pressure off Brock. Maybe short route passes to Bruce and Holt once in awhile. Don't expect alot of deep passes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]