ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Brock Berlin to Start Sunday Vs. Cincinnati

Rams Coach Scott Linehan, maybe the worst Head Coach to roam an NFL sideline since former Eagles/Jets schmo Richie Kotite, but today he proved to me that he is a man of integrity.

Linehan probably needs a few more wins down the stretch to save his job, so imagine my surprise when I heard today on the “Fox Hole” radio program on Team 1380 that Marc Bulger was going to sit in favor of third-string quarterback Brock Berlin.

Bulger obviously gives the Rams and Linehan their best shot at victory this week against the Bengals. But with his concussion, an offensive line that is no better than a high school team and the Rams 3-9 record, there is no reason for Bulger to start, other than saving his coaches job.

I am proud of Linehan for doing what’s right for the organization and Marc Bulger. All you need to do is talk to former NFL players who have suffered multiple concussions to understand that shots to the head are to be taken seriously. Talk to Al Toon, talk to Steve Young, look what ended up happening to Andre Waters.

Don’t jeopardize someone’s health to win what is essentially a meaningless game. Even if he did play I am certain that he would be eating more of the turf that the O-Line’s been feeding him all year.

Bulger’s a gamer and I know he wants to play and I respect that, but the Rams have invested $ 60 million in him and this season is a wash, so lets take a look at our third-string guy and see what he’s got. We have nothing to lose. (Except LSU Defensive Tackle Glen Dorsey.)

So who is Brock Berlin? As a Hurricanes fan I can tell you that the guys arm is weaker than Jets QB Chad Pennington. He was 19-5 as a starter for the ‘Canes after transferring from the University of Florida. And 5-0 versus the Gators and Florida State.

Impressed?

Remember all of the talent former ‘Canes Coach Larry Coker assembled at ‘THE U’ during his tenure there.

Sean Taylor (RIP), Ed Reed, DJ Williams, Clinton Portis, Kellen Winslow II, Santana Moss, and countless others who are in the NFL right now making a lot of money.

But who knows.

I am sure there was plenty of negative press in 1999 after Trent Green went down only to be replaced by some no-name grocery bagger from Iowa.

It remains to be seen whether Brock Berlin is going to become the next Kurt Warner or another Joe Germaine.

Regardless…expect Rams Offensive Coordinator Greg Olsen to dial up plenty of his famous 2 yard screen passes to Torry and Isaac this Sunday. I don’t know if Berlin can throw it much farther.
    http://ramblinfan.com/2007/12/08/bro...vs-cincinnati/

I hope Berlin is better than this blogger's opinion of him...

RnD

GO RAMS!!

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Re: Brock Berlin to Start Sunday Vs. Cincinnati

This team is in serious need for a gun slinger that has draggster tires for legs.....Ruuun forret, ruuun!!!

PHAT-MONEY Guest

Brocks arm is not weak by any means.. i am a cane fan too and i remember different.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PHAT-MONEY View Post
    Brocks arm is not weak by any means.. i am a cane fan too and i remember different.
    Phat-what else can you tell us about this guy ?

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Doesn't he get to hook up with his old center, namely Romberg?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bruce4life is offline Registered User

romberg will probally be hurt

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Regardless…expect Rams Offensive Coordinator Greg Olsen to dial up plenty of his famous 2 yard screen passes to Torry and Isaac this Sunday. I don’t know if Berlin can throw it much farther.
    Since this blogger is clueless to the fact that Olson doesn't call the plays anymore, perhaps he's wrong about Berlin, but the reality is that Berlin couldn't even make an NFL roster, let alone start a game until now. Heaven help us.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Since this blogger is clueless to the fact that Olson doesn't call the plays anymore, perhaps he's wrong about Berlin, but the reality is that Berlin couldn't even make an NFL roster, let alone start a game until now. Heaven help us.
    Technicalities, only...:x
    RnD

GO RAMS!!