r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Brokers Returns, Jackson Sits Out Rams Practice

Brockers returns; Jackson sits out Rams practice

58 minutes ago • BY KATHLEEN NELSON

First-round draft pick Michael Brockers returned to practice Wednesday, the first day of preparation for the Rams' game Sunday against Seattle at the Edward Jones Dome.

Brockers, a defensive tackle, suffered a high-ankle sprain Aug. 30 in the final preseason game against Baltimore and was expected to miss four to six weeks. So, he seems a bit ahead of schedule.

Steven Jackson (groin) was on the field at Rams Park but did not participate. Same for safety Matthew Daniels.

Offensive tackle Wayne Hunter, who played Sunday in the loss to Chicago with an ankle injury, was limited. Defensive tackle Matt Conrath (knee), injured in the final preseason game, was on the field for conditioning.

Coach Jeff Fisher was diplomatic on the topic of the Seahawks' most recent victory, which came on the final play of the game Monday. The play appeared to most viewers to be an interception by Green Bay's M.D. Jennings but was ruled a touchdown catch by Seattle's Golden Tate.

"My only comment on that is that I thought coach Mike McCarthy did an extraordinary job dealing with a difficult set of circumstances," Fisher said in reference to his counterpart in Green Bay. "You can appreciate that as coaches. And I thought he did an outstanding job."

As to rumors that the referees association and the NFL were close to an agreement, Fisher said, "I don't know. We're preparing against the Seahawks. If that thing works itself out, it works itself out. We're all very hopeful that they'll get it resolved. When they're officially back, I'm sure we'll be notified."

Re: Brokers Returns, Jackson Sits Out Rams Practice

Great to see Brockers back at practice. Jackson? Was he really 100% before the Chicago game as he claimed? I had worries about his ability to quickly heal from pulls and strains, and I still have those worries.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Great to see Brockers back at practice. Jackson? Was he really 100% before the Chicago game as he claimed? I had worries about his ability to quickly heal from pulls and strains, and I still have those worries.
    SJ was not, I heard Tony Softli on ESPN say he was clearly not as he watched the game from the sideline. He said he did not have a burst. I hope they take it easy on him this week and give some of his reps too Richardson and Pead.

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Brokers Returns, Jackson Sits Out Rams Practice

Why do you have those worries - is it Brockers or high sprains in general?
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

bigdogg2834 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRam View Post
    Why do you have those worries - is it Brockers or high sprains in general?
    I think he was referring to Steven Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogg2834 View Post
    I think he was referring to Steven Jackson.
    Yep, Jackson seems to get soft tissue injuries pretty easily, and they seem to linger. Hope that isn't the case with this one.

bigdogg2834 is offline Registered User

Sometimes I actually feel more confident that we will gain good yardage when Richardson is in the game.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogg2834 View Post
    Sometimes I actually feel more confident that we will gain good yardage when Richardson is in the game.
    gotta agree with that..it`s a good thing to have a player who cares enough about the team that they will put their body on the line for us even when already injured.but it`s hard to think of a game where a injury carrying Jax has been effective in getting us a victory and a healthy Richardson has shown already that he`s more effective than a not healthy Jax,currently.

i saw hardly anything of the pre-season games but was Pead really so bad that it`s better to give a banged up Jax the rock over him?

J-RodRamFan is online now Registered User

Glad to hear Brockers is back in practice but I hope he's not out there too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    i saw hardly anything of the pre-season games but was Pead really so bad that it`s better to give a banged up Jax the rock over him?
    He played nervous in his first three games. But in the forth game he played as well as Richardson IMO. He had a TD. Ran hard, he looked every bit the part. It might be his ability to pick up the blitz. Maybe we start to see more of him. I did noticed against the Bears when the game was out of reach late, It was Pead that came in not Richardson. That tells me they are still trying to get him reps. He had one catch and then Bradford threw a pick.

Here was a nice run he had in the last game.... I thought he kept his back up spot after this game.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Yep, Jackson seems to get soft tissue injuries pretty easily, and they seem to linger. Hope that isn't the case with this one.
    Its called age, and you see these types of issues w/ the injury lasting longer as guys get long in the tooth. As we've seen with guys like Jerome Bettis, its time to relegate SJ to #2 on the depth chart and relegate him to 3rd down and short yardage situations. He simply can't be a 20-25x, "pound it" type of back.

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    Its called age, and you see these types of issues w/ the injury lasting longer as guys get long in the tooth. As we've seen with guys like Jerome Bettis, its time to relegate SJ to #2 on the depth chart and relegate him to 3rd down and short yardage situations. He simply can't be a 20-25x, "pound it" type of back.
    Jackson has had this problem for several years, not just lately, but your point is well taken, his age is certainly going to make his ability to heal more of an issue.

I'm just glad we have Richadson, who looks to be more than capabale of picking up the slack, now, and for years to come.

citr92 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    He played nervous in his first three games. But in the forth game he played as well as Richardson IMO. He had a TD. Ran hard, he looked every bit the part. It might be his ability to pick up the blitz. Maybe we start to see more of him. I did noticed against the Bears when the game was out of reach late, It was Pead that came in not Richardson. That tells me they are still trying to get him reps. He had one catch and then Bradford threw a pick.

Here was a nice run he had in the last game.... I thought he kept his back up spot after this game.

although i want pead to succeed as well, but richardson put it together earlier than pead, one game shouldn't give a person a spot back, and he didn't totally outperform richardson, about the same, but richardson freakin earned the backup spot

Quote Originally Posted by citr92 View Post
    although i want pead to succeed as well, but richardson put it together earlier than pead, one game shouldn't give a person a spot back, and he didn't totally outperform richardson, about the same, but richardson freakin earned the backup spot
    Maybe but here is something to consider. SJ did not get many touches in the preseason. Pead faced first and second team talent. Richardson faced third and forth string talent. I'm glad we have them both. I hope they both get chance to play so we can see what they both can do.