Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By sosa39rams
  • 1 Post By laram0
  • 1 Post By sosa39rams

Thread: Broncos trade Brandon Lloyd to Rams

  1. #1
    ZiaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,530
    Rep Power
    21

    Broncos trade Brandon Lloyd to Rams

    By ARNIE STAPLETON
    AP Pro Football Writer
    ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) - Tim Tebow has lost his top target even before he makes his first start of the season.
    The Denver Broncos traded Pro Bowl receiver Brandon Lloyd, the league's leading receiver last year, to the St. Louis Rams on Monday for a conditional 2012 draft pick.
    The move comes a week after Tebow supplanted Kyle Orton at quarterback and six days before Tebow's first start at Miami.
    In St. Louis, Lloyd will reunite with former Broncos coach Josh McDaniels, now the Rams' offensive coordinator, and provide Sam Bradford with a much-needed downfield threat.
    Lloyd is in the final year of a deal that pays him about $1.4 million, a bargain for a player who led the league with 1,448 yards receiving last year, when he caught 77 passes, 11 of them for touchdowns.
    His numbers are down this year, with 19 catches for a team-high 283 yards and no touchdowns.
    "We appreciate all the hard work that Brandon did during his three years in Denver and wish him the best with the Rams...," Broncos football chief John Elway tweeted.
    "I'm excited about our wide receiver group - This is as healthy as we've been at that position since the start of the year. Our young WRs have really emerged and made some plays, and this is a great opportunity for them to continue to step up," Elway added.
    Last month, Lloyd complained about a lack of downfield chances under the new regime in Denver. Coach John Fox blamed Lloyd's dip in productivity largely on a groin injury that kept him out against Cincinnati _ Denver's only win _ although Lloyd maintained the Broncos' conservative offensive philosophy was the primary culprit.
    Lloyd had a breakout season in 2011, his eighth in the NFL. He had 18 catches of 25 yards or more and posted the third-highest receiving average (18.8 yards) since the AFL-NFL merger in 1970 after a mostly nondescript career in San Francisco, Washington, Chicago and Denver, where he played in two games in 2009.
    Even at 30, Lloyd is one of the most athletic players in the NFL and is widely considered the receiver with the best hands in football.
    The departure of their top target follows the Broncos' benching of Orton, who was replaced by Tebow at halftime after an awful performance against San Diego on Oct. 9. The next day, the Broncos handed their offense to Tebow, the popular and polarizing former Florida star who started three games last season.
    During that stretch, Lloyd caught 14 passes from Tebow for 263 yards and two touchdowns.
    Now that Orton's no longer calling the plays, the Broncos are expected to go to even more of a ball-control offense under Tebow, a scrambler who lacks the precise passing Orton usually displayed.
    Wide receiver Eddie Royal also is set to become a free agent after this season and is reportedly available before Tuesday's trade deadline, as well. But there's not as much interest in the injury-prone fourth-year pro who hasn't played since straining a groin against the Bengals on Sept. 18.
    Royal returned to practice last week and is expected to play Sunday at Miami if all goes well this week.
    Also expected back is Demaryius Thomas, who's been sidelined all year. He missed training camp while rehabbing from a torn right Achilles tendon, and the Broncos made the surprising move of keeping him on their 53-man roster rather than placing him on the PUP list to start the season.
    That move backfired when Thomas shattered his left pinkie during his first padded practice last month, sidelining him until this week.
    Both Thomas and Royal were practicing in the rain Monday along with rookie tight end Julius Thomas, who sprained his right ankle in Week 2.


  2. #2
    ZiaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,530
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: Broncos trade Brandon Lloyd to Rams

    WOW. We better not have traded for Lloyd for anything more than a 6th! 6th or 7th is reasonable for Lloyd. Sosa I am impressed you smelled out a trade regardless what anyone else said! Grats

    Shoot can a mod delete or combine this thread?
    Last edited by ZiaRam; -10-17-2011 at 03:31 PM.

  3. #3
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,502
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Broncos trade Brandon Lloyd to Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    WOW. We better not have traded for Lloyd for anything more than a 6th! 6th or 7th is reasonable for Lloyd. Sosa I am impressed you smelled out a trade regardless what anyone else said! Grats

    Shoot can a mod delete or combine this thread?
    Thanks bro. I knew it wad going to be done from day 1. A perfect fit and possibly the last chance Spags keeps his job. Now, lets get Bradford to the pro bowl!
    ZiaRam likes this.

  4. #4
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,277
    Rep Power
    109

    Re: Broncos trade Brandon Lloyd to Rams

    Okay I'll be the first one to ask....Eddie Royal anyone?
    ZiaRam likes this.

  5. #5
    ZiaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,530
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: Broncos trade Brandon Lloyd to Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Thanks bro. I knew it wad going to be done from day 1. A perfect fit and possibly the last chance Spags keeps his job. Now, lets get Bradford to the pro bowl!
    Welcome!I honestly didn't think it would but I guess after Lloyd questioned the offensive attack it was just a matter of time.

    Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Okay I'll be the first one to ask....Eddie Royal anyone?
    LOL might as well trade for some of their CB's as well! King/Harris is a joke!

  6. #6
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,847
    Rep Power
    169

    Re: Broncos trade Brandon Lloyd to Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Thanks bro. I knew it wad going to be done from day 1.
    Apparently you went to the John Hadley school of news reporting (also known as the "blind squirrel" method).

  7. #7
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,502
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Broncos trade Brandon Lloyd to Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Apparently you went to the John Hadley school of news reporting (also known as the "blind squirrel" method).
    Could you please not start random trade threads that some blogger says "could happen"?

  8. #8
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,847
    Rep Power
    169

    Re: Broncos trade Brandon Lloyd to Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Could you please not start random trade threads that some blogger says "could happen"?
    Do you think the fact that the trade happened changes the fact that you merely took a shot in the dark based upon what you read in a blog?

    Seriously. Get over yourself and just enjoy the fact that the Rams have added a good player.

  9. #9
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,502
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Broncos trade Brandon Lloyd to Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Do you think the fact that the trade happened changes the fact that you merely took a shot in the dark based upon what you read in a blog?

    Seriously. Get over yourself and just enjoy the fact that the Rams have added a good player.
    I didn't read it in a blog. I had enough brains to put 2 and 2 together....

    Anyways, not the point Mr. Perfect.

    I believe the ***** and Broncos were trying to scam the Rams. This was posted last night :

    The Denver Post reports that the ***** "appear to be showing the strongest interest" in trading for Brandon Lloyd.

    The Patriots and Rams are "also in discussions." Talks will "intensify" late Sunday, and the Broncos are trying to move him before Monday's practice begins. They're still targeting a "mid-round draft pick." Lloyd is familiar with the basic concepts of New England's offense because of his background with McDaniels, who is now the coordinator in St. Louis. Lloyd's best landing spot in terms of fantasy value would likely be with the Rams, where he'd immediately take over as the No. 1 receiver. The ***** would be a worst-case scenario.

    I think the ***** and Broncos put that together because obviously the Broncos want the Rams to give up more for Lloyd. I think the ***** gave the Broncos the permission to say they had the most interest making us think we have to improve on our initial offer. The Rams obviously didn't bite snagging him with a 6th or 5th round pick. The ***** would of benefited because we're in their division, and the Broncos because they want more in return.

    Makes sense huh?
    ZiaRam likes this.

  10. #10
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,847
    Rep Power
    169

    Re: Broncos trade Brandon Lloyd to Rams

    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

    I'm sorry... did you say something?

  11. #11
    ZiaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,530
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: Broncos trade Brandon Lloyd to Rams

    hey hey hey hey... This is not a trashing someone else thread it is a brandon lloyd ram trade thread!!! Can i have a mod delete the derogotory remarks in this thread?
    ... Ohhh it is a mod

  12. #12
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,847
    Rep Power
    169

    Re: Broncos trade Brandon Lloyd to Rams

    Actually, you make a good point, sort of...

    There's already a thread on this.

    We don't need two.

Similar Threads

  1. Brandon Lloyd is a RAM
    By richtree in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: -10-18-2011, 03:36 PM
  2. Should the Rams make a deal for Brandon Lloyd?
    By sosa39rams in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: -10-17-2011, 03:14 PM
  3. Rams Talking To Denver About Lloyd Trade
    By r8rh8rmike in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: -10-16-2011, 10:56 PM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: -02-08-2011, 11:09 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: -06-22-2009, 12:47 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •