Thread: Brooks Foster

peramoure is offline Registered User

Brooks Foster

I've been a big fan of this guy since he played at NC - does anyone know how he is fitting in with the offense this year. What role do you guys see him playing?

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Brooks Foster

I actually heard that he's expected to be on the 53 man roster and that they really like him. I'm sorry I don't have a source, I can't find it but I remember reading that recently.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

molar_pistol is offline Registered User

probably a backup or maybe red zone guy if he proves he's capable. he's got plenty of size and can catch the ball, so he's a guy we can hopefully get some use out of.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by molar_pistol View Post
    probably a backup or maybe red zone guy if he proves he's capable. he's got plenty of size and can catch the ball, so he's a guy we can hopefully get some use out of.
    Feb. 22, 2009
    At the NFL combine in Indianapolis, players are asked to bench press 225 pounds as many times as they possibly can. In Saturday's workout for wide receivers, North Carolina's Brooks Foster led all competitors with 27 reps. The next closest receiver was Kenny Britt of Rutgers who had 23.

Brooks is an extremely physical guy - especially for a wideout. He can and will lay out opposing dbs on running plays. You know Spags has gotta love this aspect of Foster's game .. The more versatility a guy shows, the better chance he has of making the final roster. If healthy, I'd bet on Brooks to make the final 53 ..

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    Feb. 22, 2009
    At the NFL combine in Indianapolis, players are asked to bench press 225 pounds as many times as they possibly can. In Saturday's workout for wide receivers, North Carolina's Brooks Foster led all competitors with 27 reps. The next closest receiver was Kenny Britt of Rutgers who had 23.

Brooks is an extremely physical guy - especially for a wideout. He can and will lay out opposing dbs on running plays. You know Spags has gotta love this aspect of Foster's game .. The more versatility a guy shows, the better chance he has of making the final roster. If healthy, I'd bet on Brooks to make the final 53 ..
    Where'd you here the latter part from? Just because he is strong doesn't mean he's physical and all that you said. I can't seem to find much on Foster besides that he's in excellent condition and is primed to at the least make the 53. Give me a link for the scouting report Maui.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    Where'd you here the latter part from? Just because he is strong doesn't mean he's physical and all that you said. I can't seem to find much on Foster besides that he's in excellent condition and is primed to at the least make the 53. Give me a link for the scouting report Maui.
    I'm pretty sure Maui wrote the second bit himself.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

I hope he doesn't drink like Foster Brooks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by peramoure View Post
    What role do you guys see him playing?
    Special teams with a minimal offensive role as the 5th or 6th receiver, if he makes the roster. Right now, I think the top three probably shape up to be Robinson, Avery, and either Gilyard or Gibson, who should be in the mix but may have fallen a bit due to missed time at OTAs.

After that, it's anybody's guess who is in and who is out. Right now, I have a hard time seeing Foster rise above any of the four guys I mentioned, but none of them are so great that it couldn't happen I guess. Still, if last year is any indication, the Rams don't like carrying a lot of receivers. If there are only five spots on the unit, Foster is going to have to beat out Amendola, Burton, Curry, etc to get that spot.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Well he may make the practice squad but idk about the starting team. I defenitly see the top three set in stone almost in robinson, avery, and gillyard ( from what I hear bradford and gillyard have been staying late to work out together), gibson in 4th and then amendola because he will probally be the 5th guy and returner. But I guess nothing is in stone till they play.