Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Brown cut due to lack of effort?

This is total BS! There is a blog floating around ESPN indicating that Brown might have been cut because he didn't put forth effort, particularly on the long sideline pass, due to what apparently was blown coverage by Brown ...

Again, this is BS! I've seen this in Haslett's system many times, and it is why Atogwe got so many INT's last year. Brown lays back 5 yards at the LOS, and breaks inside allowing the WR to go free down the sideline. Atogwe should already be breaking towards this man and should be in prime position to come over and make the INT ...

Only problem is, Atogwe has been one of our worst defensive players this season. He was out of position, slow to react, and should take responsiblity for that play. He likely makes it last year, but he is out of shape and that injury is definitely lingering ...

As for why Brown is cut, we'll never know, because Linehan is too spineless to tell us. He says Craft was available, we wanted him, so somebody had to go. So they pick Brown? HAHAHAHAHAHA, how about Tye Hill? Or Eddie Kennison? Or Travis Minor?

Right ...

ScottD413 is offline Registered User

Re: Brown cut due to lack of effort?

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Eddie Kennison? Or Travis Minor?
    No it can't be one of them! They are worthless, we need them! Minor is only on the team because he is Linny's boy from Miami. He should never have been signed to begin with!

moloch41 is offline Registered User

I dunno- it looked like Brown had given up on a couple of passes last week, but I figured it was due more to the lingering injury. I would have to think that since he was one of Haslett's boys, this was due to something other than play- like a suspension they know is coming down the pike. I would have to agree that I can't see why Tye Hill and Chavous haven't suffered any consequences to their horrid play though...

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Lack of effort? Man, should've cut Hill and Chavous instead. I'm sick of Linehan and co.

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

He likes his Hippy Lettuce, so maybe he did not put forth the effort to abstain from the bong....and a suspension is pending??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Is there really any reason to be upset with this? Fahkir Brown has been a disappointment like everyone else in the secondary this year.

Plus he was in the most precarious position of all the CBs and Safeties, having already been suspended by the league.

Besides, maybe he ends up with a team that ends up in the playoffs. And at the same time, the Rams send a very important message to all of those entertaining thoughts of dogging it for whatever reason.

So really, how bad could it be?

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Has anyone figured out what the Rams are running for a defense? Can't really call it Cover 2 since run support is lacking from the LBs. So what is the malfunction here? The corner's play it soft on a Biltz and the safties don't come up to the line to cover the quick slant

ManofGod is offline Registered User

This is total BS! There is a blog floating around ESPN indicating that Brown might have been cut because he didn't put forth effort, particularly on the long sideline pass, due to what apparently was blown coverage by Brown ...

Again, this is BS! I've seen this in Haslett's system many times, and it is why Atogwe got so many INT's last year. Brown lays back 5 yards at the LOS, and breaks inside allowing the WR to go free down the sideline. Atogwe should already be breaking towards this man and should be in prime position to come over and make the INT ...

Only problem is, Atogwe has been one of our worst defensive players this season. He was out of position, slow to react, and should take responsiblity for that play. He likely makes it last year, but he is out of shape and that injury is definitely lingering ...

As for why Brown is cut, we'll never know, because Linehan is too spineless to tell us. He says Craft was available, we wanted him, so somebody had to go. So they pick Brown? HAHAHAHAHAHA, how about Tye Hill? Or Eddie Kennison? Or Travis Minor?

Right ...
    Sorry Ram I disagree, this guy get's lit up weekly like a Christmas tree, at this point in time, he is the easiest piece to move.

punahou is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    Lack of effort? Man, should've cut Hill and Chavous instead. I'm sick of Linehan and co.

exactly

why Linewho isnt gone yet after the Seattle debacle is a complete mystery to me.

On various ESPN and TSN radio talk shows, there was a debate going on about the team that is in the worst shape overall atm.

the conclusion was:

raiders
    lions
    chiefs
    RAMS

pretty much in that order.

I understand the Lions,and they addressed that this morning with the hush, hush voluntary/involuntary release of Millen.

The raiders I dont understand why they are #1 in the state of total decline and abolishment.

They have been in every game. They seem to rush very well so far.

Yet our Rams LEAD almsot every bottom feeding statistic defensively and offensively.

HOW DOES LINEWHO STILL WORK FOR THE RAMS?!

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    The raiders I dont understand why they are #1 in the state of total decline and abolishment.

Maybe they took into consideration Al's treatment of Kiffen, who really isn't the head coach, but he won't fire him cause of money and Kiffen won't quit cause he wants compensation. Al is a big factor here I would think. Also, they don't have a stadium. They, from a franchise stand point, to my understanding are at an increasingly bad disadvantage here and there is nothing for them in sight. I do like some of their players though.
    Semper Fi!

JFMose is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    exactly

why Linewho isnt gone yet after the Seattle debacle is a complete mystery to me.

On various ESPN and TSN radio talk shows, there was a debate going on about the team that is in the worst shape overall atm.

the conclusion was:

raiders
    lions
    chiefs
    RAMS

pretty much in that order.

I understand the Lions,and they addressed that this morning with the hush, hush voluntary/involuntary release of Millen.

Yet our Rams LEAD almsot every bottom feeding statistic defensively and offensively.

HOW DOES LINEWHO STILL WORK FOR THE RAMS?!
    linehan will be gone by the half way point this season.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by JFMose View Post
    linehan will be gone by the half way point this season.
    He might be gone by halftime of the Bills game!

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    Sorry Ram I disagree, this guy get's lit up weekly like a Christmas tree, at this point in time, he is the easiest piece to move.
    Really? Because from what I read, QB's have completed 10 of 17 passes against Brown this season, that's about a 58% clip ....

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Really? Because from what I read, QB's have completed 10 of 17 passes against Brown this season, that's about a 58% clip ....

Wow, Tye Hill must be up around 97% then because I don't think I've seen him knock down a pass yet this year...

ImAWalkingCorpse is offline Registered User

I think the Rams and the Chiefs are neck and neck for being the 2 worst teams and word around Tampa is that Brown might be getting suspended.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast