Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    RamsInfiniti's Avatar
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    R.I.P.
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    77

    Brown cut due to lack of effort?

    This is total BS! There is a blog floating around ESPN indicating that Brown might have been cut because he didn't put forth effort, particularly on the long sideline pass, due to what apparently was blown coverage by Brown ...

    Again, this is BS! I've seen this in Haslett's system many times, and it is why Atogwe got so many INT's last year. Brown lays back 5 yards at the LOS, and breaks inside allowing the WR to go free down the sideline. Atogwe should already be breaking towards this man and should be in prime position to come over and make the INT ...

    Only problem is, Atogwe has been one of our worst defensive players this season. He was out of position, slow to react, and should take responsiblity for that play. He likely makes it last year, but he is out of shape and that injury is definitely lingering ...

    As for why Brown is cut, we'll never know, because Linehan is too spineless to tell us. He says Craft was available, we wanted him, so somebody had to go. So they pick Brown? HAHAHAHAHAHA, how about Tye Hill? Or Eddie Kennison? Or Travis Minor?

    Right ...


  2. #2
    ScottD413's Avatar
    ScottD413 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New York
    Age
    35
    Posts
    666
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Brown cut due to lack of effort?

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Eddie Kennison? Or Travis Minor?
    No it can't be one of them! They are worthless, we need them! Minor is only on the team because he is Linny's boy from Miami. He should never have been signed to begin with!

  3. #3
    moloch41's Avatar
    moloch41 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,617
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Brown cut due to lack of effort?

    I dunno- it looked like Brown had given up on a couple of passes last week, but I figured it was due more to the lingering injury. I would have to think that since he was one of Haslett's boys, this was due to something other than play- like a suspension they know is coming down the pike. I would have to agree that I can't see why Tye Hill and Chavous haven't suffered any consequences to their horrid play though...

  4. #4
    Mooselini's Avatar
    Mooselini is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,724
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Brown cut due to lack of effort?

    Lack of effort? Man, should've cut Hill and Chavous instead. I'm sick of Linehan and co.

  5. #5
    SFCRamFan's Avatar
    SFCRamFan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Ft Walton Beach, Florida
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,005
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: Brown cut due to lack of effort?

    He likes his Hippy Lettuce, so maybe he did not put forth the effort to abstain from the bong....and a suspension is pending??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

  6. #6
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,598
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Brown cut due to lack of effort?

    Is there really any reason to be upset with this? Fahkir Brown has been a disappointment like everyone else in the secondary this year.

    Plus he was in the most precarious position of all the CBs and Safeties, having already been suspended by the league.

    Besides, maybe he ends up with a team that ends up in the playoffs. And at the same time, the Rams send a very important message to all of those entertaining thoughts of dogging it for whatever reason.

    So really, how bad could it be?

  7. #7
    Ram Dragoon's Avatar
    Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,262
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Brown cut due to lack of effort?

    Has anyone figured out what the Rams are running for a defense? Can't really call it Cover 2 since run support is lacking from the LBs. So what is the malfunction here? The corner's play it soft on a Biltz and the safties don't come up to the line to cover the quick slant

  8. #8
    ManofGod's Avatar
    ManofGod is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    NC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,526
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Brown cut due to lack of effort?

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    This is total BS! There is a blog floating around ESPN indicating that Brown might have been cut because he didn't put forth effort, particularly on the long sideline pass, due to what apparently was blown coverage by Brown ...

    Again, this is BS! I've seen this in Haslett's system many times, and it is why Atogwe got so many INT's last year. Brown lays back 5 yards at the LOS, and breaks inside allowing the WR to go free down the sideline. Atogwe should already be breaking towards this man and should be in prime position to come over and make the INT ...

    Only problem is, Atogwe has been one of our worst defensive players this season. He was out of position, slow to react, and should take responsiblity for that play. He likely makes it last year, but he is out of shape and that injury is definitely lingering ...

    As for why Brown is cut, we'll never know, because Linehan is too spineless to tell us. He says Craft was available, we wanted him, so somebody had to go. So they pick Brown? HAHAHAHAHAHA, how about Tye Hill? Or Eddie Kennison? Or Travis Minor?

    Right ...
    Sorry Ram I disagree, this guy get's lit up weekly like a Christmas tree, at this point in time, he is the easiest piece to move.

  9. #9
    punahou's Avatar
    punahou is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    HAWAII
    Posts
    622
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Brown cut due to lack of effort?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    Lack of effort? Man, should've cut Hill and Chavous instead. I'm sick of Linehan and co.

    exactly

    why Linewho isnt gone yet after the Seattle debacle is a complete mystery to me.

    On various ESPN and TSN radio talk shows, there was a debate going on about the team that is in the worst shape overall atm.

    the conclusion was:

    raiders
    lions
    chiefs
    RAMS

    pretty much in that order.

    I understand the Lions,and they addressed that this morning with the hush, hush voluntary/involuntary release of Millen.

    The raiders I dont understand why they are #1 in the state of total decline and abolishment.

    They have been in every game. They seem to rush very well so far.

    Yet our Rams LEAD almsot every bottom feeding statistic defensively and offensively.

    HOW DOES LINEWHO STILL WORK FOR THE RAMS?!

  10. #10
    Richbert88's Avatar
    Richbert88 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Northern California
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,231
    Rep Power
    34

    Re: Brown cut due to lack of effort?

    Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    The raiders I dont understand why they are #1 in the state of total decline and abolishment.

    They have been in every game. They seem to rush very well so far.
    Maybe they took into consideration Al's treatment of Kiffen, who really isn't the head coach, but he won't fire him cause of money and Kiffen won't quit cause he wants compensation. Al is a big factor here I would think. Also, they don't have a stadium. They, from a franchise stand point, to my understanding are at an increasingly bad disadvantage here and there is nothing for them in sight. I do like some of their players though.
    Semper Fi!

  11. #11
    JFMose's Avatar
    JFMose is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    422
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Brown cut due to lack of effort?

    Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    exactly

    why Linewho isnt gone yet after the Seattle debacle is a complete mystery to me.

    On various ESPN and TSN radio talk shows, there was a debate going on about the team that is in the worst shape overall atm.

    the conclusion was:

    raiders
    lions
    chiefs
    RAMS

    pretty much in that order.

    I understand the Lions,and they addressed that this morning with the hush, hush voluntary/involuntary release of Millen.

    The raiders I dont understand why they are #1 in the state of total decline and abolishment.

    They have been in every game. They seem to rush very well so far.

    Yet our Rams LEAD almsot every bottom feeding statistic defensively and offensively.

    HOW DOES LINEWHO STILL WORK FOR THE RAMS?!
    linehan will be gone by the half way point this season.

  12. #12
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,171
    Rep Power
    108

    Re: Brown cut due to lack of effort?

    Quote Originally Posted by JFMose View Post
    linehan will be gone by the half way point this season.
    He might be gone by halftime of the Bills game!

  13. #13
    RamsInfiniti's Avatar
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    R.I.P.
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    77

    Re: Brown cut due to lack of effort?

    Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    Sorry Ram I disagree, this guy get's lit up weekly like a Christmas tree, at this point in time, he is the easiest piece to move.
    Really? Because from what I read, QB's have completed 10 of 17 passes against Brown this season, that's about a 58% clip ....

  14. #14
    moloch41's Avatar
    moloch41 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,617
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Brown cut due to lack of effort?

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Really? Because from what I read, QB's have completed 10 of 17 passes against Brown this season, that's about a 58% clip ....

    Wow, Tye Hill must be up around 97% then because I don't think I've seen him knock down a pass yet this year...

  15. #15
    ImAWalkingCorpse is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Brown cut due to lack of effort?

    I think the Rams and the Chiefs are neck and neck for being the 2 worst teams and word around Tampa is that Brown might be getting suspended.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Brown Hoping for Reduced Suspension
    By ramsplaya16 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: -09-14-2012, 04:52 AM
  2. Brown says NFL gave him reprieve
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -05-10-2008, 08:03 PM
  3. Brown Enjoys New View
    By RamDez in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -05-10-2008, 12:08 PM
  4. Brown Happy to Be Back
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: -10-05-2007, 11:35 AM
  5. Brown Sets Sights On Starting
    By Rip32 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: -03-31-2006, 07:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •