Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Brown suspended without pay!!

I blame Claude Wroten.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RealRam is offline Registered User

:bash: G r r r r r r !

Several of the posts above are right on, i.e., dumb thing to do; the "why!?!", Bartell's opportunity, etc. I agree.

G O O D...G R I E F ! ! ! ***Slowly shaking my head in disappointment and disgust*** I hope everyone else in the team, T H I S TIME, sees the signs with more smarts than mere reading skills and takes heart in the matter. Whether they support Brown or not, all players MUST move on and prepare, improve, do what's right ... FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!

Not that I believe this will develop into any type of 'real' distraction but, nevertheless, come on now...let's DO WHAT'S RIGHT from here on.

We have an NFL season ahead, men. Click? :r
    Last edited by RealRam; -07-14-2007 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Format

TekeRam is offline Registered User

On the bright side, he'll be four games fresher than everyone else... It's a good thing we don't face any good wideouts in the first four weeks. What's that? We have Steve Smith week one? Well crap....

rammiser is offline Registered User

This could be terrible or this could be a blessing in disguise. IMHO I never really was all that sold on Brown. Although he always seemed to be in good coverage position, when the ball was in the air he either would committ pass interferance or just plain out misplay the ball. Also I really have been wanting to see Bartell get a shot in a starting position and this is it. I may be wrong on this but I just have a feeling about Bartell. It may not be right but I want to see him start.
    Just Fix It

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

God. Not good. Fakhir should be ashamed.

He has brought strife upon the organisation, and now, the secondary could be in big trouble.

Milan is offline Registered User

Don't be so quick to jump at Brown. Goodell has suspended a HUGE amount of players in the past month for the exact same thing and the same amount of games.

Hell, today he suspended a Broncos player for 2 games for an incident that happened in 2004.

general counsel is offline Registered User

i dont care how many players goodall suspended or how many other guys tested positive. If brown failed the substance abuse test, its his fault and he has let down his teamates.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Keenum is offline Registered User

Haslett hand picked this guy to help our secondary, I'll guarantee he is going to be upset with Brown.
    I'm just glad he still gets to practice. That way when he does get to come back to game playing, he will at least be mentally ready.

Milan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    i dont care how many players goodall suspended or how many other guys tested positive. If brown failed the substance abuse test, its his fault and he has let down his teamates.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    The point is that I believe the substance policy has been modified, and what's really annoying is that you can't see what substance these players tested positive for.

GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

What a simpleton.

stlramman is offline Registered User

I think I like the draft pick of Wade even more now. As stated above someones downfall can be someone else break. I personaly would love to see Bartell latch on to the #2 spot and not give it back.Here is his chance to show the end of last year was not a fluke. Hill IMO showed steady progress last season, and it will be of the utmost importance for Wade to get up to speed quickly and contribute as the Nickleback.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Rams' Brown suspended for violating substance-abuse policy
    By
    Bill Coats
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    07/13/2007

Starting cornerback Fakhir Brown has been suspended for the Rams’ first four games of the regular season for violating the NFL’s substance-abuse policy.

Brown’s ban begins Aug. 31, and he will be eligible to return to the active roster Oct. 1.

Brown, who will be permitted to participate in all preseason practices and games, will not be paid during his suspension.

The 5-foot-11, 195-pound Brown signed a five-year deal as a free agent in March 2006. He spent the previous four seasons in New Orleans, where Jim Haslett, now the Rams’ defensive coordinator, was head coach.

Brown, 29, started 14 games at right corner last season; he sat out two games with an ankle injury. He recorded 76 tackles, the fourth-highest total on the team, and tied for the team high with three interceptions.

Reams training camp starts July 27, with third-year pro Ron Bartell likely to step into Brown’s spot with the first team.

Bartell, a second-round draft pick in 2005, was the nickel back last season, entering the game on passing downs to cover the slot receiver.

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

For the love of god! What's wrong with these idiots? Is there life really so bad they have to do everything in there power to destroy it. Or are they just completely ungrateful for every blessing that has been bestowed upon them? Brown is a thirty one year old man, there is know excuse for him making these kind of mistakes.

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

I know I went a little easy on Claude, but this is worse. Doesn't the NFL have a stike level policy, first offense-warning, second 4 games, 3-a year? I remember hearing something like that but I could be wrong. I'm not sold on Walls or whoever the FA was, I don't wanna start Wade and Hill beacuse they're both small corners, I don't care how good they are the size will bite then against the bigger recievers in the league, I hope Bartell gets his. Brown got his, and I wasn't all the thrilled with him either he's not as good as some of you may think.

GC's right, just because they do it doesn't mean it's okay for you to do it. I don't know if I go so far as to call him an idiot, it was an idiotic move no doubt, even more so if my strike policy is close to accurate but we don't really know him, it's not like he's saying "my life is really bad being an NFL corner, I'll shoot up this morning and get caught" The 4 games was earned and he shouldn't practice any higher than the second team.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

It didn't say what he's being suspended for, so I'm not really sure what to think, other than the he's stupid for doing whatever he did. That's a given. Is it for drugs? Maybe, but he has no prior history as far as I know. Is it for steroids? Always possible, given that he'll be fighting for his starting job and he's over the hill in terms of football. As mikhal said he's 31 and there's no excuse, but since the average stay in the league is only a couple years, maybe he's just scared his tenure's about to end.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast