AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Bruce Closing In On Irvin

Isaac Bruce needs 27 yards to pass Michael Irvin on the career receiving yards list. Bruce already has more receptions and TDs than Irvin.

Makes you wonder... why is is that we so often hear people saying that Irvin should be in the Hall of Fame while few say this about Bruce? After this Sunday, the only indiviual categories that Bruce will likely trail Irvin in will be stupid TV quotes and felony charges.

Let me hear it Ram fans...

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce!!!!!!!!!!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Bruce Closing In On Irvin

Issac Bruce is rapidly closing in on bigger fish than Michael Irvin and will soon be top 10, then top 5 in numerous all-time receiving categories. When all is said and done, Bruce will be a lock for the HOF.

ramhard is offline Registered User

Super Bowl Wins

Well, while I applaud your spirit. The main reason that Michael Irvin is placed above Bruce is that:

1. He was on 3 winning Superbowl Teams to Bruce's 1
    2. He was always the #1 receiver for the team, while Bruce, in the run where the Rams have been dominant is the #2 receiver to Holt.
    3. 5 Pro Bowl selections to (3 or 4 for Bruce I forget)
    4. Was on a running team his entire career, so people consider his catch total more 'pure' than Martz' air show.
    5. Irvin considered a physical WR, while Bruce's tendency for self-preservation after catching the ball sometimes hurts the perception of him.

I think Bruce belongs in the HofF but Irvin does have a argument for more impact. I love Bruce but Irvin goes in ahead of him on almost any ballot right now.

The fact that Irvin was the number 1 guy means his stats would be inflated, as compared to Bruce's.

Remember, before Bruce had Holt as a running mate, he had the second highest single season yardage total for a receiver - with TONY BANKS at QB!

ramsfan1975 Guest

we should not worry, bruce will get his due... he a hall of famer.. he will be....im confident in that.

ramsfan1975 Guest

yahoo i hit 100 posts! yay me!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Congrats, RF1975! Keep 'em coming.

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce!!!!!!!!!! :1:

PS: no one deserves to be below M. Irvin.

ramhard is offline Registered User

226 and no rep

Man, I got 226 posts and still have no rep power.. tough crowd!

ReedleyRam Guest

I know Bruce will go to the HOF, just a mater of time.

talkstoangels61 Guest

..........Shows how mmuch people really know about the game!...........Ike will be in the HOF!

sbramfan Guest

Remember, before Bruce had Holt as a running mate, he had the second highest single season yardage total for a receiver - with TONY BANKS at QB!
    wasn't it Chris Miller when Bruce was second to Rice in 95 (I think)?

I stand corrected.

In fact, it was Chris Miller and Mark Rypien who threw to Bruce in 1995 when he had 119 receptions, 1,781 yards and 13 TDs.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Bruce should and will be in the HOF. Guys like him who are not self-promoters don’t get all the attention drawn to them and their stats. People tend to overlook the guys that just go about their business because they are not in the headlines every day good or bad and their stats are not talked about as often.

Irvin probably deserves to be there also based on his on the field contributions. He had his career cut short do to a neck injury. He always came up big in the playoffs and was still playing at a high level at the time of his retirement. He had 1000 yards in 7 of his last 8 years 91-98 the only year he did not get a 1000 yards during that span was 96 when he was suspended for 5 games for substance abuse he had 962 yards in 11 games. In 1999 in their fourth game of the season against Philly he landed on his head and injured his neck after catching a pass from Aikman and had to retire.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -09-24-2005 at 06:54 PM.

psycho9985 Guest

Bruce will be there,but I dont know if it will be a given after 5 years maybe 7.

I think Irvin should go just because of the arse whoopins they gave the *******.

jkramsfan Guest

Bruce Will Be In, No Question